Cave Story Remix Project

Mar 4, 2006 at 8:45 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Hello everyone. my name is Dustin Kulwicki, aka 'k-wix' and im a very active member on a few video game remixing websites. I am posting here to tell you all about a project i have started that may be of interest to you guys. We have decided to 'remix' (and by remix, i mean redo the entire soundtrack of the game, in professional mp3 format.) the entire soundtrack of Doukutsu Monogatari, aka 'Cave Story'.

I appologoize in advance if this is the wrong spot, but this seems to be the only place around where fans of the game come to chat - so this seems to be the place to come to let you guys know whats going down as far as CS news and that sort've thing.

We have some very talented artists working on tracks - and while i can't really tell you more then what our website reveals at this point - I can tell you that its sounding Very good so far..

So check out our website or if you'd like, feel free to register on our forums. The project has *just started* at this point in time so everything is just being organized and we could use all the support we can get - even if you can't compose music.. we'd be happy to have fans of the game come check us out.

Thanks for taking the time to read this - and once again, much appologies if this is in the wrong spot, mods seem to be pretty active so please move/delete/whatever if im in the wrong here.

Anyway - Here is the link, come check us out :) once some more progress is made, we may release a short demo to highlight some of our work.

http://kwix.shackspace.com/cavestory <----

Mar 4, 2006 at 3:34 PM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
I'm liking a lot of those names that I'm seeing listed there. Especially DarkeSword, Prophecy, and Rexy

Mar 5, 2006 at 3:49 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
It's enormously egotistical of me, but I can't help feeling that I had something to do with this existing. Did Shpladoink have anything to do with it?

Mar 5, 2006 at 4:40 AM
Been here way too long...
"..."
I can't wait, if you guys produce something even half as good as them old mega man project X stuff then it'll blow my mind. I'll sign up and good luck.

Mar 5, 2006 at 6:19 AM
Visitor From the Past...
Forum Founder
"..."
Ah, very cool! I enjoyed the music of Cave Story a lot and I'm a regular at various Videogame remixing sites, namely Vgmix.com and Overclocked Remix. It would be great to see a fanproject Cave Story album made. Please keep us updated!

And yes, I agree with upthorn in that it looks like some great names are working on this project. Cave Story's music is perfect for Prophecy and Darksword. I'm a big fan of their work on various Mega Man (X) remixes and Relics of the Chozo.

Looking forward to it!

-SkyeWelse

May 6, 2006 at 11:58 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Right now my sound is screwed up but as soon as it starts working I will check the Teaser out. the site already looks awesome and this should be an interesting project as it is done in 4days and counting