Cave Story Remix Project is FINISHED.

Jun 24, 2006 at 8:27 PM
The Bartender
"All your forum are belong to us!"
...this is going to sound like a weird question but... you wouldn't happen to be from the OCR boards? Your name sounds oddly familiar... ;)

Jun 25, 2006 at 12:00 AM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Listening to it now. So far very impressive, with only a couple tracks that didn't really sit well with me (though that could just be a matter of taste).

Awesome work =)

Jun 25, 2006 at 2:01 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
RuneLancer said:
...this is going to sound like a weird question but... you wouldn't happen to be from the OCR boards? Your name sounds oddly familiar... ;)

Yes runelancer, im from ocr, look under the Ogre Battle mixes section.

Jun 25, 2006 at 2:10 AM
The Bartender
Huh. The internet is a small place after all, huh? ;)

Great hearing from you man. Nice work (tm), btw, on those remixes. I rather enjoy "Mimiga Vibe" and "Escape Route." :)

Jun 25, 2006 at 7:08 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Those remixes are great!

Jun 25, 2006 at 11:36 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Good music!

I can`t make anything like that. But why dont you upload the zip files on www.filelodge.com ? Filelodge is a uploading service with 500mb (0.5GB) storage and unlimited of transfer. And I think it maybe are faster.

Think about that

Jun 25, 2006 at 11:47 PM
The Bartender
Downloads fine for me. And if they have the space and hosting for it, why bother hosting it on a free service?

Jun 26, 2006 at 12:16 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
It`s not because its a free service. It`s because when I downloaded it it took me 1.5 hrs to get both disks.. It may be a reason for tmy slow connection. Where is the server the files was on? china, japan?

Jun 26, 2006 at 12:22 AM
The Bartender
Only took me about 20-25 minutes to get everything... I think your connection is to blame, not their server. ;)

A mirror would be a good idea if you're localized too far away to have a decent connection, I suppose.

Jun 26, 2006 at 6:59 AM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
So far, they're awsome. Corran appears to have WAY to much spare time on his hands. Number 3 is bloody long song! It's awsome, to boot, like the others.

Jun 26, 2006 at 8:26 AM
Slacker
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
I dunno about you guys..but sometimes I had a hard time figuring out what exactly they were trying to remix...

Some of them I kinda don't like...don't get me wrong, I know I couldn't do a better job and I know they worked their asses off on these.

Hm...my favorites are the Grasstown remix and the Running Hell one, both by Tackle.

Jun 27, 2006 at 12:54 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
RuneLancer said:
Only took me about 20-25 minutes to get everything... I think your connection is to blame, not their server. ;)

A mirror would be a good idea if you're localized too far away to have a decent connection, I suppose.
I think you are right. I Live in Scandinavia. Abit to far maybe. But a mirror or torrent is a good idea

Jun 27, 2006 at 3:58 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
A 2nd mirror is up now.

Jun 28, 2006 at 4:08 PM
Visitor From the Past...
Forum Founder
"..."
I've been having some trouble downloading the Disc 1 and Disc 2 packages from either of the mirror sites, but downloading the files individually work fine.

So far I'm very impressed with how it was remixed! Good job to those who everyone who worked on it!

-SkyeWelse

Jun 30, 2006 at 2:21 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Just wanted to let you guys know Disc 3 Signups are open so we can potentially cover the rest of the soundtrack - in addition to this, A new - more stable mirror has been added to the front page.

Jun 30, 2006 at 4:07 AM
Slacker
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
Can I request that people doing these songs for the third disk keep closer to the original soundtrack they are remixing? >_>

Jun 30, 2006 at 6:23 AM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
Overall I like this project, although the "Cave Story" song does not sound like a particularly original remix. It sounds mostly like the dude just NES'd the orchestration and released it (with rhythm intact). If the other tracks weren't so much richer and more elaborate, I may have not have noticed.

Speaking of elaborate, I really really want to love "Never Die", but it's killing me that I can't sense the Final Battle's last melody. You can hear the main line from the rest of the Final Battle music, but it seems like the song never quite reaches the climax because that last melody never stands out. Even the part where the song tops out at is great (which is probably supposed to represent that melody), but it would seem nice to have another sequence where that melodic line is brought out more clearly. That's MNSHO anyway.

It's too late at this point, and it's just an opinion, but that's what I felt about it. It's just nagging me because it's so awesome.

I'm really looking forward to Oppression and Eyes of Flame remixes.

<-- sucker for boss fight music

Jul 2, 2006 at 2:36 PM
Hoxtilicious
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
well i eally miss oprresion, mischervous Robot and Eyes of Flame :)((
They are most of my favorite songs :)
Maybe you remix them too`????????

Jul 3, 2006 at 9:08 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Some really impressive work here (Please excuse grammar, using a french keyboard here)

My favorites were:

Never Die (Would have prefered if the track wasnt split)
Ball of Ballos (Long, but lovely)
Smoothie Brace (Exellent instrument use)
Second one (Cant remember name)

Brilliant work guys. I hope for CD 3.