Cave Story Remix Project 2

Dec 24, 2010 at 5:17 AM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Here's more things that can be nitpicky but will hopefully help :)

If you check, for example, the ID3 tags and album art of one of my songs with a program like Mp3tag, you'll see that it still retains the original album art of my Website Releases. I'd thought it give a better feel and overall presentation if when all the remixes are finalized and placed in their respective albums with finished album art, that they be arranged also by track number and that their album title be changed to "Cave Story Remix Project II - *insert subtitle here*". And other little things in ID3's like Disc 1/3, 2/3, 3/3...yeah I'm very nitpicky about ID3 :p

However this would kinda demand a full re-upload of the entire project when it's all finished, but I'd think it's for the better :o

Dec 24, 2010 at 4:12 PM
graters gonna grate
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
Hmm, that sounds like a good idea. I'll be kinda busy with the stuff I listed in the previous post, but maybe you could add the appropriate album/track/artist information if you have time? I'll PM you the password and instructions.

Dec 24, 2010 at 7:54 PM
graters gonna grate
http://www.mediafire.com/?5ez9hdu9i7oynwz

My The Way Back Home remix, which is actually kinda good considering I threw it together in under an hour. Also, there is a trumpet solo, as Lace requested earlier :critter:.

Dec 24, 2010 at 8:30 PM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
Simply beautiful :critter:

It seems like the attacks of the rhythm at the start seem a little strong. And the re-introduction of instruments at 2:33 might seem less abrupt if it were a crescendo. And perhaps the melody just after that with the trumpet could be just a tad louder than the rest of the ensemble

The first half is reminiscent of Chrono Cross, whereas the trumpet reminds me very much of Chrono Trigger. It's magical

Dec 24, 2010 at 8:42 PM
graters gonna grate
Thanks! Like I said, it turned out much better than I expected given the time I had O_o

I was kinda going for abruptness at that one spot, though maybe it was a bit out of place? m'eh idk

Interesting that it would sound like two games in a series (especially since I've never played either of those games)

edit, regarding the site:

Schoko's blurb is now done, and links now automatically open in new tabs where appropriate. I fixed a small graphical error in the banner where the area below the savepoint disc was still the old blue color.

Dec 24, 2010 at 10:05 PM
Hey.
"In Soviet Russia, graves keep YOU!"
It actually reminded me more of Maple Story...

I would have contributed something, but I've only had the program today. D:
I think all of you have done really well with these remixes, and I can't think of one that I didn't like.

Dec 25, 2010 at 2:50 AM
graters gonna grate
I have attempted to make album art :critter: (see album 3)

edit: where the hell is gir and why hasn't he submitted a blurb or a white remix!? same with frozenfire except just with the blurb...

Dec 25, 2010 at 3:01 AM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
I've been busy with things D: (it's christmas, always busy this time of year)

And recently been busting my butt off to finish this:

Stone White Wall

I'll try to type up the blurb right now quickly before I go off to christmas land again.

Dec 25, 2010 at 3:05 AM
graters gonna grate
YAY! I was beginning to worry...

downloading/listening now...

Dec 25, 2010 at 3:13 AM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
GIRakaCHEEZER learned to play the piano as a young child, and has since been, in one way or another, making music. When he heard about this project, he knew that he had to contribute something, and was just itching to try to make a couple of remixes. Prior to this, GIRakaCHEEZER had no remixing experience whatsoever, so this was a learning experience for him. When he's not remixing video game songs, he can be found studying, writing original music, working on his Cave Story mod (WTF Story), or just playing video games. GIRakaCHEEZER only hopes that people will appreciate what he has contributed to the project. Also, he like slurpees.
Also as much as I love my coffee avatar, I would prefer that you would put this image beside my blurb:
p84039-0-curly2.gif

https://andwhyisit.bugsiteguardian.com/cstsf/archive2/p84039-0-curly2.gif

Dec 25, 2010 at 3:20 AM
graters gonna grate
Alright, I'll do that next.

The remix is nice, and I especially like the stuff near the end like around 2:30-ish since it has the same sort of character that made the original White good. My only criticism is that occasionally the percussion was a bit overpowering.

Remix has been uploaded and linked.

edit: now all we are severely lacking are album art 1 and frozenfire's blurb. I can probably do the blurb if necessary...

Dec 25, 2010 at 8:20 AM
I have an idea for the album art for 1. We could take something from the banner at the top of the forums, like the group shot of everyone in the circle of grass, or the shot of Quote and Sue looking at the island. And maybe put in the "Cave Story Tribute Site Forums" part where an artist name would usually go.

And for the art for the 3rd album, the eye on the press could be bigger. And erase some of the back of the press so it looks closer to perspective

Can't wait for the completed product!

Dec 25, 2010 at 11:47 AM
graters gonna grate
Lace had done a hand-drawn prototype of the 1st album art, which can be seen in my VM convo with him, or Noxid's. I was thinking maybe we could just use the hand-drawn version, since the simplicity sorta fits with the "Dreams of a Chiller Time" theme.

And the "press" is supposed to be the Demon Crown >_>... I'm hesitant to make changes to it, since rtnario is supposedly adding album art to the mp3 files and it might break something or at least just make the album art inconsistent if I changed it now.

Anyway, I'm probably gonna go write FrozenFire's blurb pretty soon...

Dec 25, 2010 at 3:23 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Haha, wow, okay, my entire day was taken, sorry :( I haven't done a single thing related to album art add-age ._.'

But here's another thing to consider though, and maybe people will be against this or not but don't you think we can make the quality of the 1st and 3rd album art match the 2nd? I'd gladly handle it (by that I mean both) if it's okay with everyone, but I'm not sure since you two made it already :confused:

However the deadline's gonna be...not followed? We reached what we needed though, and that is the whole project done and uploaded. Can the fine-tuning not need a deadline? :)

Dec 25, 2010 at 4:45 PM
graters gonna grate
That seems reasonable. Fine tuning in general is an ongoing process, so yeah. I was also thinking that my keyboard-made remixes (i.e. all of them except River of Sand) could stand to be put through a compressor. Anyway, I'll make a note on the main page saying that there is some fine-tuning being done so that people don't expect everything to remain exactly the same.

I guess if you want to, go ahead and make some album art (you can take or leave the current album titles, as long as whatever ones you use fit the remixes in the albums).

Dec 26, 2010 at 2:44 AM
"Huzzah!"
Hey guys! Sorry I wasn't around to update the list with those last few new songs, but it looks like you guys took care of things, so way to go!

The only thing I think we should get is the 3 albums zipped and ready for download (so 3 zipped albums). Otherwise people have to download 36 tracks individually, and that's uhh..... yeah, not fun. Just a thought.

ANYWAY, GREAT JOB TO EVERYONE!!!! AND MERRY CHRISTMAS (to those of you that celebrate)!!! :) :chin: :( :balrog: :debug:

.. . . . ... :pignon:

Dec 26, 2010 at 6:43 AM
Well, everything is still being worked on and all, at least it's up there XD;; I guess it'll be my job to fix that, but I'm currently working on the album art, which by the way, is now here.

Album Art - Azure Resonance
p84047-0-cavestoryremixprojectiiazureresonance.png

Album Art - Choirs Of Demons
p84047-1-cavestoryremixprojectiichoirofdemons.png

Comments and suggestions will be taken note of. Else, these will be both final :(

Dec 26, 2010 at 6:56 AM
Thanks!

For "Choirs of Demons", it seems a little dark. I think it would be a little clearer if you could see more of his hands and mouth. It doesn't look like there's enough room, but it would be cool if the skulls could be at the bottom. It'll give off more of a doomed vibe. I don't know how it would look in the end, but if his red eye could remain red(maybe the same red you used for his tears of blood), it might seem more demonic. I'm having some unsure thoughts about that one, though

Dec 26, 2010 at 6:57 AM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
rtnario said:
Album Art - Choirs Of Demons
p84047-1-cavestoryremixprojectiichoirofdemons.png

I like this MUCH better than what we have/had up there. Good job.

I hope lace finishes that idea he had for the first one.