He who lurks beneath the posts.
"The Ultimate Sword of Extraordinary Magnitude"
Wedge of Cheese said:
Lolwut? What just happened? Me confused :eek:

Ditto o.o

Nothing from me though

Apr 19, 2010 at 7:14 AM
"Huzzah!"
Umm, not sure what the heck happened, but I'm guessing that someone said something that got removed from the thread?

Anyway, I ended up working a bit more on the Access remix, but I'm not sure if I like it. In fact, I might give it up altogether.:o Or I might consider this to be the final product, even though it doesn't sound all too complete IMO:
http://www.mediafire.com/?znttbdntkmm

I dunno, what do you guys think?

Apr 19, 2010 at 7:57 AM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
FrozenFire said:
Umm, not sure what the heck happened, but I'm guessing that someone said something that got removed from the thread?

Anyway, I ended up working a bit more on the Access remix, but I'm not sure if I like it. In fact, I might give it up altogether.:o Or I might consider this to be the final product, even though it doesn't sound all too complete IMO:
http://www.mediafire.com/?znttbdntkmm

I dunno, what do you guys think?

Sounds pretty good. You could leave it as is, but you should probably add some sort of ending, or make it sound more like it's finished. Oh and I think you should put in a bit more with the "Bb Bb D, Ab Ab C" parts since the song seems to mostly focus on "D D F#, C C E".

Apr 19, 2010 at 1:04 PM
graters gonna grate
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
GIRakaCHEEZER said:
I think you should put in a bit more with the "Bb Bb D, Ab Ab C" parts since the song seems to mostly focus on "D D F#, C C E".

I agree, there was only one place with the lower notes. There should probably be 2 or 3. Also, the ending seemed a bit awkward. Still, I'm impressed that you managed to make something so cool/fun out of a song that was originally kinda lame in CS :o.

And I finally got of my lazy ass and did the newer updated "The Journey Goes On", but I'm still not totally satisfied with it, so I'll still probably do another take eventually (before the remix project is finished).

http://www.mediafire.com/?tmlvjuimzjy

Apr 20, 2010 at 4:28 AM
"Huzzah!"
Ok, I decided to name it "Interruption" because I had planned this whole awesome guitar part but I just didn't have the motivation or desire to make it happen. So the song was sort of interrupted and cut short. Kinda sorta. Anyway, here it is:
http://www.mediafire.com/?ont20iemmyw
The ending still seems a bit awkward IMO, but I think it's "good enough"..?

@ Wedge: I really love the piano. Dang! I wish I could play like that! I'll be honest with you though, I don't really like the singing for the most part. You've almost got it, but there are some messy parts that kind of ruin it for me. I'm thinking that maybe you could dumb down the vocal part a bit so you can nail it perfectly. I mean, the vocal part that you're trying to do is intense! Seriously, I'd be impressed if anyone I know could nail that spot on. If all else fails, you can always release a piano version without the vocals. If you really REALLY want to have the vocals, then I wish you luck, because that's tough stuff there!
EDIT: Oh, I also updated your track on the list Wedge. ;P

Apr 20, 2010 at 3:02 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Does anyone mind if I remix Eyes Of Fire? GIRakaCHEEZER already did a remix, so I'm not so sure :confused:

@FrozenFire
This is pretty good. Everything mixes well, variations fit and that robot voice is a nice touch! XD Although you did cut it short because I think this remix would sound best if near the end it uses the drum beat used at the start with ALL instruments playing for one last time before it ends. Of course, the main focus of said part should've been the "awesome guitar part" so w/e this is all an IMO anyway :)

@Wedge of Cheese
Alright, just listened to your 30-minute remix of EVERYTHING again as this is a new version XD Everything sounds great as usual...really love the remixed melodies, the transitions to the different songs, how one part can combine smoothly with another...very fitting start, fitting end, everything was nice except for exactly what FrozenFire pointed out. And I'd just repeat exactly what he said. XD Good luck on your next take.

Apr 20, 2010 at 5:41 PM
graters gonna grate
Yeah, I hardly practiced at all on the vocals. On my next take, I'll definitely practice quite a bit more on both the piano and vocal parts, or I might get someone else to sing (preferrably a female, since it's supposed to be Curly). There are also a few sections of the piano parts (mainly during boss themes) that I'd like to iron out. Especially the thing close to the end with Final Battle, where the top piano part is syncopated with that 16th note right before the downbeat. I just thought that during that part it might be better for me to record the bottom part first, since it has a more straightforward rhythm which lays the groundwork for the top part.

I haven't listened to yours yet, Frozen, but I will once I get a bit more free time.

Apr 21, 2010 at 11:40 AM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Well, regardless if it would be part of the remix project or not, I made a remix of Eyes Of Flame (not Fire, whoops) and it's pretty much 100% complete. But just like GIRakaCHEEZER I can't think of a NAME XD Heck, that's pretty much the only thing stopping it from being uploaded and all :(

Can anyone suggest anything? It's done the same way Cave Story War and Core Oppression (metal as always :confused:) have been with minimal synths...

EDIT: A little portion: http://www.mediafire.com/?gggkjimunmm

EDIT 2: nvm, found a name after so many interrogations..."Imminent Chaos". Link will be added later. XD

Apr 21, 2010 at 8:57 PM
Creating A Legacy...
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
@FrozenFire
Love the feel and its retro feel :confused:
What i like is you adapted on the piece when it was only very short to start with (The original)
The ending was fine and sounded really rounded off so dont worry about that.
Thanks for keeping the list updated in my absence and really keeping this place organized. I Appreciate it!
Keep it up :(

@Rtnario
Well if it's a remix from you then i don't really mind because GIR's remix is like Techno but your's is Metal so there different from eachother. You allways put all your heart into your remix's and the quality of them are allways extraordinary. loved the preview and cannot wait for the final release. Loving the name by the way :)

And last but not least my right hand man on this project Wedge Of Cheese
The song is a lot more clearer then the last version and went through a lot more smoothly. The vocals? getting a female singer would a good idea, if not stand further away from the microphone then amplify the sound therefore not picking up on you breathing air onto the microphone. Put some delay or reverb effect on your voice to make it sound even better. I only know these techniques because i am a rapper and record vocals everyday :)

I dont think i've had the chance to say this yet, but... Thank You. This project was a dream i wanted to strive for so bad. I came onto these forums, unknown, just a random guy wanting to live on the true passion and beauty of Cave Story through the aspect i found most valuable... The music. I didn't think it was going to happen but you all saw what i wanted and i realized you felt the same about Cave Story and shared the same admiration and love for the game. So Thank You. Especially Wedge Of Cheese and Rtnario My 2 right hand men on this project.

I await the day we complete this. But until then lets proceed with what it is we do best and keep the legend of Cave Story going.

Just before i go I would like to thank the most important person of all... Pixel.

Apr 22, 2010 at 6:40 AM
"Huzzah!"
@ rtnario: I love the sample and I can't wait for more. Your mixes are godlike, period. Btw, I'll wait for your next upload before I add it to the list.

@ JetHawk95: Thanks, I'm glad you like my track. I wish it would have turned out how I planned, but I guess I'm okay with the result. Also, no problem with the list. I'm glad to help out in any way I can.

Dang it! Now I want to make another track because I've got an idea for a sort of rap song using the Cave Story Theme track. It might fail completely, but it works great in my head. I've already got some lyrics, but no promises.

Apr 22, 2010 at 4:31 PM
Track Name: Imminent Chaos
Remix Artist: LEAF XCEED Music Division
Remixed in this Song: Eyes Of Flame, Eyes Of Flame (Wii)
Progress: Complete
Link: http://www.mediafire.com/?2jd2ejzi35h (MP3)

For more info: http://rtnario.wordpress.com/2010/04/22/leaf-xceed-music-division-imminent-chaos/

@JetHawk95
Alright, I see, well there it is. XD You say I put all my heart into my remixes, but seriously, that applies for everyone here like FrozenFire, GIRakaCHEEZER and Wedge of Cheese since in the first place we wouldn't make any if we didn't really want to. :rolleyes: Yeah, someone had to start it somewhere somehow, and it happened to be you. All of us probably want this project to be finished and released out there as much as you do, so we'll just keep moving forward 'til we get there. :D

@FrozenFire
If you loved the sample, there's the whole thing. XD And no, I'd never think nor proclaim my remixes to be godlike but I do know for a fact that they're as metal as can be, done my style. :D Just so happens that you like it it that much, and thanks very much!

Apr 23, 2010 at 8:19 AM
"Huzzah!"
@ rtnario: I just listened to Imminent Chaos and it's great! A little short and not my favorite one from you, but it's still gold. It has been added to the list (on page 34, for anyone that might be reading this that doesn't know).

I'd like to take this moment to announce that we have 16 complete tracks so far! :( Nice work guys! :D

Apr 25, 2010 at 8:17 PM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
Apr 25, 2010 at 9:46 PM
Been here way too long...
The piano into was a leap and a bound better than everything else, and after that, it really seemed more like a remix of a buttload of random songs then just the noble two you started with. Awesome idea and start, just don't call it quits yet or lace will be :D

Apr 25, 2010 at 9:56 PM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
Lace said:
The piano into was a leap and a bound better than everything else, and after that, it really seemed more like a remix of a buttload of random songs then just the noble two you started with. Awesome idea and start, just don't call it quits yet or lace will be :D

I find this part of your comment rather odd, since there's only 2 SLIGHTLY original parts to the song (1:28-1:58 there's a solo where the song makes a transition from balcony to wind fortress, and then at 2:41-2:55 there's another guitar solo to extend that one part of wind fortress).
Other than that the song mostly stays true to the original, I believe. In fact, the beginning is a bit of a small departure from the original wind fortress since it uses the structure Aminor, Fmajor, Gmajor, Eminor rather that the song's original structure Fmajor, Gmajor.

Apr 25, 2010 at 11:05 PM
graters gonna grate
I really like this a lot! I'm not really sure what Lace was talking about... I mean you change style a bit but that's a good thing as it would be boring otherwise. The song has a really nice timbre. My only pretty minor complaint is that occasionally the rhythm felt a little awkward, as did the gradual acceleration near the beginning. In this remix, you seem to have done a better job of giving the song a large overarching "shape" than in your previous remixes, so good job there.

Apr 26, 2010 at 12:44 AM
Call me insane, but I heard On To Grasstown in there. :/

Apr 26, 2010 at 12:48 AM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
Lace said:
Call me insane, but I heard On To Grasstown in there. :/

You're insane.

But where? Give an example like "from X to Y" where X and Y are times in the song.

Apr 26, 2010 at 1:04 AM
Ah, not On To Grasstown, balcony.
from ~40 to 1:20.

Apr 26, 2010 at 1:09 AM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator