Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
yay

Id like that :)

Im singing some vocals to the songs from cave story and maybe ikachen

Oct 13, 2009 at 6:41 AM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Whoohooo I made a remix! (about time, took FOREVER I'll tell ya.) Now I can have a part in this project too.

Anyways It's a remix of Geothermal, not very long but I don't think it needed to be any longer anyways.

Here's the link: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?hzwmmnjjmn5

Comments are appreciated :D.

Oct 13, 2009 at 5:31 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
GIRakaCHEEZER, that was pretty good. I really liked the instruments used, the ambience, the piano work, the way it started and the way it ended. And it's very faithful to the original piece too. Just try to use instruments that generate a very small amount of noise, since the "trumpets" didn't sound 100% clean. Aside from that, awesome :)

To everyone who commented on my upcoming remix, thanks! Although, the final result will be very different compared to the intro, since I, well, haven't made a single Cave Story remix without electric guitars in them. :)

I was close to finishing it today, but I guess I'll be done by tomorrow. Until then, here's a small sneak peek for anyone who's interested:

http://www.mediafire.com/?qntmlzzzz2z

A few seconds of the metal part. Sounds very boss battle-ey, eh? :D

Oct 13, 2009 at 8:30 PM
Creating A Legacy...
Hey

Rtnario

I cant wait for the final product that was just amazing!!
Really good, Got it just hw i wanted it :)

GIRakaCHEEZER

That was sooo good, and dont worry the time was good, im listining to it on repeat because its that goodd. What i truely love about it is that it gives me the exact same feeling of what i had going into the core while geothermal was playing, no other geothermal remix has ever done that. This is top quality stuff, exactly what i want.

Just like wedge of cheese Through the clouds gave me the feeling i had in the game and so did the preview by rtnario and his cvae story war (last battle remix). SO i am really happy with everyone

Thanks a lot guys

Oct 13, 2009 at 8:33 PM
graters gonna grate
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
Wow Gir, that was wonderful! I can't wait to see (hear) this project finished; everyone is putting so much quality into it!

Oct 13, 2009 at 9:08 PM
Creating A Legacy...
Ikachen

Most people know who Ikachen is.
When playing the game there is a really cathcy tune and i decided to work on some lyrcis for it. So got my head down and got some good words and rhymes down to the tune. Then decided to record it :)

Heres the deal, I think i am OK at singing, Not perfect but im OK. Im not gunna make any excuses like i had a bad chest or anything because im fine.
Did work on it quite a bit soo i think the final profuct is good.

btw this will be a bonus track on the album
I tend to want all the songs just cave story but anything else is ok
AS LONG AS IT IS A REMIX OF PIXELS WORK!
not just anygame.

Heres the song
http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=0fb1d9346ff23d8a9bf8d6369220dcabe04e75f6e8ebb871

Thanks a lot everyone

Oct 14, 2009 at 2:21 AM
The Bucket Fairy
"..."
Not how I pronounce Ikachan, but I love both songs.

Oct 14, 2009 at 3:05 AM
Banned
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
Well... Honestly the lyrics aren't fitting at all. You're telling it like nobody in Ikachan had any idea what was going on, and a lot of it doesn't seem to flow very well. It seems like you're trying your hardest to fit lines. Your voice and your mic don't really, uh... Yeah...

Honestly, I don't think it was that great, not out of spite either. I mean, I guess it was alright, but "not bad" doesn't mean "good."

Oct 14, 2009 at 7:06 AM
Creating A Legacy...
Thanks

Thanks for the feedback.
And diferent people pronounce Ikachen different ways. Thats just the way i Do it

:)

I am going to re-record this tonight but i am off to skool now

Oct 14, 2009 at 7:09 AM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
JetHawk95 said:
Thanks for the feedback.
And diferent people pronounce Ikachen different ways. Thats just the way i Do it

:)

I am going to re-record this tonight but i am off to skool now

Actually I'm pretty sure that's it's officially ikachan, no ifs, ands, or buts.

It is the original name of the game, and should only have one pronounciation. (hey I'm gonna go play Cove Story :D).

Oct 14, 2009 at 9:33 AM
This Troper
"Man, if only I had an apple..."
You do mean "spelling", right?

Oct 14, 2009 at 1:21 PM
graters gonna grate
@T-Jack: I think they meant both spelling and pronunciation. Jet pronounces it "eye-catch-in" but the technically correct pronunciation is "eek-utch-on". Doesn't really bother me though so whatev.

Well, I actually kinda liked the lyrics. My main complaint is that it's not really a "remix" per se. You didn't change the background music at all, you just put lyrics over the top of it. Also the ending seems kinda abrupt, mainly because you're basically just copying the original song, which never ends, it just loops. Even if you don't want to change the background music, the ending would be less abrupt if you did a more gradual fade out and made it so the last thing you hear is the tonic instead of the dominant.

Oct 14, 2009 at 5:06 PM
Creating A Legacy...
Oct 15, 2009 at 9:34 PM
graters gonna grate
Oct 15, 2009 at 11:51 PM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
Oct 16, 2009 at 6:45 AM
Creating A Legacy...
That was soooooooooooooooo good!
I really loved it mate, well done!

Intro 5/5
Rest of song 5/5

What i loved aswell is right at the end the guitar fades out and retro elctronic music playing :rolleyes: :D . only a smalll thing but i just found that really cool

Thanks a lot rtnario, I really appreciate you making this track

Oct 16, 2009 at 12:15 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
@wedge of cheese
...umm...thanks much...and good luck finding a new pair of pants? :rolleyes: XD

@GIRakaCHEEZER
I bet you mean the last repeated parts of the "refrain" since it did sound kinda off, but I kept it anyway to keep it consistent with the normal refrain. Thanks for the comments, and yes, the reason why it fades out with the said synth is because it also sounded great to me on its own :D

@JetHawk95
Thanks much! Hope it's gonna do just fine as a track in the finished Remix Project.

Meanwhile, I have nothing to work on now...I'm wondering if I should try remixing another track, but I'll definitely try something non-metal (finally) ^^; Any suggestions if ever?

Oct 16, 2009 at 3:47 PM
Been here way too long...
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
Wait a tic, why is something of this caliber being taken up with a freelance community such as Mirai Gamer?

While it isn't a horrible idea to make a second remix project for Cave Story (As several tracks in the 'first' remix project were either pathetic or nonextistant), taking it up with just a cave story specific community really isn't the best of ideas.

Now, while the entirety of the comminity isn't at all useless with making or remixing music, it seems to me this is very well the only community you've come to with the proposal for this second remix project. It seems to me you aren't under any "Official" command for the project, as I would think the supervisors of the first remix project would want to be the supervisors of this one to. To me, this comes across as merely a music fanboy giving an excuse for a bunch of remixes to listen to. But trust me when I say this, remixes of "Never Die", or "Ball of Ballos" quality are not going to show up in this such community.

You should have taken this up with a professional community such as OCRemix first, before coming here. And if they would have declined it, then there would be nothing to be done. All this is is a fanboy begging for music.

I'll evaluate the remixes myself, however, when I return home from where I am right now. It isn't a horrible idea for a remix project by any means, but in a community such as this, there's bound to be a lot of really BAD music in quality and execution (And a lot of idiots will think nails-on-a-chalk-board sounds good). If any such project goes underway, you're going to need someone like me, with an advanced ear for music, to filter out the crap, and help make things better than they would otherwise be.

Oct 16, 2009 at 5:52 PM
Now that you put it that way, it does make a whole lot of sense. I'm looking at the first Cave Story Remix Project's site, and they definitely had everything prepared. They had their own site, mixers, forums and everything. But that doesn't mean we have to have all of that to be a successful remix project; I think we just need the basics.

Like you said, if this is really what it's supposed to be, maybe the original Cave Story Remix Project guys would be able to help. Heck, there could even be some mixers from the past project to contribute to this new one. So I'm currently thinking of these options:

1) If this is going to be "officially" Cave Story Remix Project 2, the original staff MUST help us do this, if they decide to do so. It was their idea after all, and we can't just take that idea without their consent and have people expect it to be directly related to the first remix project. If they do help, we'd have a more organized project even if all we have right now is this thread. If we're lucky the old mixers could even contribute tracks, like what was already said.

2) A different remix project title. By calling this "Cave Story Remix Project 2" the communities out there will assume that this is a continuation of the first project. There's a certain standard set in the original that we must meet (or surpass) by having this title. If we can't or don't have the original staff's consent, we can always start our own. However, going with this option does make it harder for this remix project to be known since we're gonna have to do what the people of the original project did to spread this around. We won't have any kind of help or support from them if we don't try to ask.

In both options though, we still do need to set a standard about the quality of all the songs, which is what you plan to help remedy by becoming a judge (OCRemix-style term lol) yourself. Actually, I have no problems with this besides the fact that you can't be the only one. If option 1 was used then there'd surely be people with experience to help in the judging. I don't know about option 2...

About OCRemix...I think there's a clear reason why the original project stood on its own and didn't completely ask OCRemix for help. OCRemix's standards are very f**king high. Tracks like Polar Star Overdrive didn't come from the remix project, and only a select few from the actual project (H20) made it. Although the quality would increase significantly if OCRemix standards were used for this project, it would also block out the chances of lots of musicians out there to be in the project, me included.

*phew* With all of that in mind, our current plan of action should be deciding on what to do. Should we consult the supervisors of the original remix project, re-organize this whole thing with a new title or go our own ways and let this thread be just a thread full of remixes?