Cave Story - Redesign v0.50.6

May 25, 2011 at 10:48 PM
http://imgur.com/EuvCtsQ
"In Soviet Russia, graves keep YOU!"
Re: Cave Story - Redesign

the blaze blaster allows the fireball to break star blocks

not that that really matters for this version

May 26, 2011 at 11:38 PM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"

"The Weed" Map doesn't load for me.

May 27, 2011 at 11:33 AM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"

Just beaten and definitely liked and took me longer to beat then cave story it self and right now exploring the missed area's and curious now that the sandworm had indigestion if there is a way to go back to Egg zone? i left a few power ups there and didn't want to be monster pushed up to that one(and some where evenmore out of reach IIRC)
something tells me too when it is finished i actually can have more HP for Ballos then i could have in the normal Cave Story but that i will see when it is finished(and don't want it to be spoiled).

May 27, 2011 at 2:42 PM

once you have the autohacker, shouldn't you be able to fix the other teleporter in grasstown?

also if you sleep in the teleporter room in grasstown and go downstairs, the cutscene intitates with kazuma telling you about the teleporter and to rest in the bed, despite him not being there and that cutscene having already happened
after that point the cutscene with the gunsmith on the ravine happened again, as well

finally there is a map inconsistency between the old village and graveyard; looking from graveyard entrance point, the old village has a couple differences from what it actually looks like when you enter it

May 28, 2011 at 12:39 AM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"

I think I got lost in the Catacombs when I wasn't supposed to. O_O
Also shouldn't the Autogun be able to make you fly so I can get out of the old village? ^^

Jun 1, 2011 at 3:31 PM
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"

Quote the Robot said:
"The Weed" Map doesn't load for me.

I haven't been able to reproduce that problem, can you tell me what your system specs are please?

sexplosive said:
the blaze blaster allows the fireball to break star blocks

not that that really matters for this version

Actually, all weapons are supposed to be able to break star blocks, but explosion's aren't, so thank you for pointing that out.

Merder said:
Just beaten and definitely liked and took me longer to beat then cave story it self and right now exploring the missed area's and curious now that the sandworm had indigestion if there is a way to go back to Egg zone? i left a few power ups there and didn't want to be monster pushed up to that one(and some where evenmore out of reach IIRC)
something tells me too when it is finished i actually can have more HP for Ballos then i could have in the normal Cave Story but that i will see when it is finished(and don't want it to be spoiled).

There will be a way to get back to the Egg Corridor zone,
because that's where Booster is trapped, and you'll be freeing him soon after the red flower thing in the sand zone.

Right now the planned maximum HP for quote is 99. However, that may be inadequate for end game things, so there is a strong possibility that there will be damage resistance upgrades for Quote later on in the game. (For example: One to reduce damage taken by 33%, and a second to reduce damage taken by 66%. Damage taken would still never be lower than 1, however.)

sexplosive said:
once you have the autohacker, shouldn't you be able to fix the other teleporter in grasstown?

also if you sleep in the teleporter room in grasstown and go downstairs, the cutscene intitates with kazuma telling you about the teleporter and to rest in the bed, despite him not being there and that cutscene having already happened
after that point the cutscene with the gunsmith on the ravine happened again, as well

finally there is a map inconsistency between the old village and graveyard; looking from graveyard entrance point, the old village has a couple differences from what it actually looks like when you enter it

The other teleporter in Grasstown was locked by Booster. So technically, you're right. Quote should be able to break into it. I'd completely forgotten about it, too! Although I'm not quite certain where that teleporter will lead to. Thank you for pointing out the map inconsistency, those are very hard to find. And thank you for pointing out that bug with the cutscene. :S

Jun 1, 2011 at 3:45 PM

Dubby said:
Actually, all weapons are supposed to be able to break star blocks, but explosion's aren't, so thank you for pointing that out.
wait wait wait I haven't tested it for the explosions just the actual fireball itself

also I assumed only very certain weapons would be able to break star blocks because you can't break them with missiles, and the pre upgrade fireball (at least I think? I can't really go and check right now because, well...)

Jun 1, 2011 at 11:42 PM

Yes but I got there BEFORE going to the sand zone.

Jun 2, 2011 at 3:56 AM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."

This looks awesome

Downloading tomorrow

Jun 2, 2011 at 4:19 PM

ok I think I've found all "notes to self"
there were at least 14 holy crap. I should have wrote them down or something but I didn't
a pumping station? grappling hook? more egg corridor areas? BALLOS' SEALS?
this is looking to be pretty awesome

also with all the "links" that you mentioned this is going to play a lot like metroid

also you were pretty cruel with that one secret passage near the exit of antron into the waterway
and the waterway fire block thing I swear I wasted so much time going down there ahhh

Jun 3, 2011 at 3:20 PM

sexplosive said:
wait wait wait I haven't tested it for the explosions just the actual fireball itself

also I assumed only very certain weapons would be able to break star blocks because you can't break them with missiles, and the pre upgrade fireball (at least I think? I can't really go and check right now because, well...)

Missiles can break star blocks, but not their explosions. Starblocks are basically your generic "destructible" block now.

Quote the Robot said:
Yes but I got there BEFORE going to the sand zone.

Got to the weed before the sand zone? That's not a problem at all. It's possible to get to the sand zone without going to grasstown, but it's quite difficult to do. Your problem with the weed map not loading may be your own problem (hardware, OS, etc.). Or, did you install the newer version over an older version? You shouldn't do that if you did.

Jun 3, 2011 at 9:04 PM

No I meant the catacombs. o.o

Jun 4, 2011 at 3:08 PM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."

where the heck is the friggin locket?!

Jun 6, 2011 at 2:29 PM

Badnik96 said:
where the heck is the friggin locket?!

It's in one of the pots to the left of kanpachi. Stand in front of a pot and press down to use it. The locket is not required to confront balrog.

Quote the Robot said:
No I meant the catacombs. o.o

That's also not a problem.

If you're clever enough, you can figure out how to get to eastcliff before even visiting grasstown.

Jun 13, 2011 at 3:42 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"

Its an awesome Redisgn of the game good job!

Jun 15, 2011 at 7:54 PM

Officially back from vacation now, and resuming development.

Also, updated published version to 0.30.1, which fixes a few issues that people have pointed out.

Jun 15, 2011 at 8:01 PM
LSD
"..."

This is AMAZING! I love all of the extra space.

Jun 15, 2011 at 8:42 PM

Something happened, my file got deleted.. And It won't let me play anymore.

Jun 15, 2011 at 8:44 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Maybe you should try un-happening the something

or redownload it

Jun 16, 2011 at 1:26 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"

This is a great mod, and looks good so far. However, I have encountered a problem.
I'm stuck at the part where Kazuma is fixing the teleporter in Grass Town, where he tells me to take a rest.
I take a rest, yet it does not seem to activate any cutscene if there is supposed to be one.
Yet I can still teleport to Egg Corridor or Arthur's House.
If I teleport outside, the NPCs still assume that Kazuma is trapped in Grass Town.

This might have something to do with it: I downloaded the latest version today and transfered my save.
At that time, I had just reached Grass Town and I had saved at that little hut thing outside of where you emerge from the water.

Please look into it.

Also, the Bat Swarm is evil. :debug:

(I'm starting over FYI. So don't sweat it too much.)