"In Soviet Russia, graves keep YOU!"
Re: Cave Story - Redesign

you might have fixed it, I'm re-playing .02
then again you didn't mention it as a bug fix in your update so idk

I hadn't picked up any missile expansions save for the one in 02 if that helps

Feb 26, 2011 at 5:46 PM
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"

Well I just fixed the two big issues and uploaded 0.10.4, so please download that and play it. Try not to use any existing save files if you can, as some flags have been added/changed between version 0.10.2 and 0.10.4 :o

Feb 26, 2011 at 8:53 PM
http://imgur.com/EuvCtsQ

ok I just noticed in upper egg corridor you can get trapped, if you keep on climbing with those bug things.

E: oh and in v.2 the little hole in the egg observation room doesn't work after beating sue
the sound glitches after getting the missile launcher now maybe you might want to check that out
also you can see the extra little corridor at the bottom I dunno if that's intentional
finally you can reach that life capsule if you jump on the flyers, take some damage, then jump off them. I don't know if that's intentional either

E2: in tunnel road, when you flip the switch to enter upper antron, there is no event that leads you to that map, unless you go to the left of it, then it works
I suggest a) keeping doors opened with that switch open and
b) allowing the player to get the map system when exiting antron, seeing as the map system is usually something that you get early game
c) put something at the end of that fucking corridor god that was tedious

Feb 28, 2011 at 12:14 PM

just confirmed the same glitch for v .4
also the map progression glitch in tunnel road is caused by the event that makes that door go up
maybe make quote unable to move while that happens that should fix it

Feb 28, 2011 at 11:47 PM

hey sorry for the double post
p122057-0-igylft.png
yo

also sue is disappointed that you haven't found her brother after you've found her brother
not that anyone is actually going to encounter that dialog since you'd just take the teleporter but still

also guys I know that it says spoilers in the tag but there are really serious spoilers here just warning you
p122057-1-mw2ixu.png
stop tempting me

Mar 1, 2011 at 12:28 AM
Pirate Member
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"

tempt me more.

Mar 1, 2011 at 1:58 AM

got anything more challenging? :toroko2:

Mar 1, 2011 at 5:22 PM

Heh, not yet. Been working on branching antron out a little (added Long Missiles upgrade, heavy missiles are next), been working hard on the sand zone tileset, and working on the forth weapon (different version of noxid's shotgun).

Mar 3, 2011 at 11:51 PM

the red demon event resets if you re-enter the area

also the bridges that go like / and \ are not passable by bullets while the ones that go like _ are. Also I got into the old village by making my own little entrance there. I've also been adding to the map for my own amusement and saw just how much work went into those tile sets you made :debug:

Mar 9, 2011 at 8:30 PM
Member Title
"All your forum are belong to us!"
looks great!! Wish I can play it now, I but I have to go :sun: but I'll put it on my to-do list :pignon:

It says that windows can't open this file... what should I do?

Mar 9, 2011 at 8:32 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
I'm assuming it's a rar file, so download winrar or 7zip to decompress it.
If you don't know what these are then google it.

Also, please use the edit button instead of double posting next time.

Mar 10, 2011 at 1:14 AM

Heh, thought it was incorporated into windows already. I think at least one of the compression file types is... *shrug*

Mar 10, 2011 at 1:27 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
.zip is
I cannot for the life of me understand why people continue to use .rar when it causes endless trouble and confusion for people who don't know a whole lot about computers and stuff..

Mar 10, 2011 at 2:26 AM
Member Title

Noxid said:
.zip is
I cannot for the life of me understand why people continue to use .rar when it causes endless trouble and confusion for people who don't know a whole lot about computers and stuff..

like me! I downloaded 7zip, and I clicked on the file but it kept reading it in Adobe-- is there any way you know to fix it? (why yes, I am a computer genius!)

Mar 10, 2011 at 2:32 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
If you installed 7zip properly, you should be able to right-click the file, go 7-zip > extract archive. If not, then go to C:\Program Files\7-Zip\7zFM.exe and run that, navigating to your archive and then extracting it.

Mar 10, 2011 at 2:58 AM
Member Title

Noxid said:
If you installed 7zip properly, you should be able to right-click the file, go 7-zip > extract archive. If not, then go to C:\Program Files\7-Zip\7zFM.exe and run that, navigating to your archive and then extracting it.

Ok, so I fiddled around a bit, did what you said-- and it worked! Thanks, without help I would have been stuck... REALLY stuck. :orangebell:

edit: .... hmm... you made it difficult :p. My first impressions: there are a lot of areas that are just plain un-accessible (i'm guessing they are for when you come back). life-capsule that is also un-obtainable? I searched everywhere for a secret entrance, and couldn't find one. ( I have a few more things to say, but it is hard to explain a lot of things without rambling on about trying to explain the are I'm talking about. Also, I have Thursay off, so I think that I'll spend some time trying to even get out of the first cave (at least)

Mar 12, 2011 at 11:48 PM
I don't anymore.
"I'm sorry Mario, but your princess is in another castle."

I forgot to review. So far I LOVE this mod. I'm in grass town right now and have only one bug to mention. If you destroy the fire block in Santa's house and then pass the trigger that makes the debug cat appear, the game crashes. Easy fix though right? Probably not a big enough bug to fix untill next release. But I still love this mod. I hope to see it again in the future and love how all the maps have that little connection between them. I was considering doing weapon specific blocks, but decided against it, I guess it would have worked after all.

Apr 1, 2011 at 1:41 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"

This is a beautifully re-designed version of the game! ^_^ i'm just loving the work put into it! It's funny how Quote jumps around as part of his speech.

Now for the slightly negative part of the comment :chin:

Are you supposed to go to the place with :o at any time in the game? because when i went to it's map, and left the room, Quote was stuck inside of a block of the upper part of the tunnel, and couldn't move...

If it's unneeded, it should probably be removed...

Then again, i "was" using the machine gun with infinite ammo to get up there, but anyway, things people can't get to anyway, and shouldn't, should be removed.... :confused: