Cave Story - Redesign v0.50.6

Mar 11, 2016 at 3:37 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Could you please turn down the sarcasm, Xemous? It's a legitimate query. Redesign is pretty labyrinthine at points, and such an excellent mod that it's definitely worth seeing all the way through.

It's been many years since I finished Redesign, but I or another member may be able to help if you provide some details about where you're stuck!
I'am stuck in Labyrinth after Labyrinth: Clinic

Mar 11, 2016 at 4:10 PM
beep boop
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
Yeah same for me. I just gave up at the point where the killing doctor was.

Mar 11, 2016 at 5:19 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
now that dubby is dead I feel safe in saying that i never really liked this mod very much and I thought it was kind of overhyped

Mar 21, 2016 at 8:39 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Hello!...I have recently started playing this mod and I have just reached Sandzone, I have found an outer wall area and I'm unsure where to go or what to do, can someone help me?

Mar 28, 2016 at 8:52 PM
Catz R cool
Modding Community Discord Moderator
"..."
Hello!...I have recently started playing this mod and I have just reached Sandzone, I have found an outer wall area and I'm unsure where to go or what to do, can someone help me?
I'm pretty sure you're meant to go down.

Another thing, how were the custom tiles made? I've wanted more types of tile in my mods for ages.

Mar 29, 2016 at 2:55 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
thanks for taking the time to say absolutely nothing.

Apr 18, 2016 at 10:41 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I need help.

Edit: seems my spoiler didn't show but anyways, can someone help me find the rocket upgrade and the jump upgrade?

Last edited:
May 26, 2016 at 11:27 PM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
now that dubby is dead I feel safe in saying that i never really liked this mod very much and I thought it was kind of overhyped
I can agree with that, but it's a decent idea at least.

May 27, 2016 at 5:02 PM
Based Member
Not sure if it's best for me to be continuing this thread bump, but while we're on the topic, I kind of feel like giving a more thorough reflection of my thoughts on this mod.

This was an amazing achievement on Dubby's part, and he certainly gave this community a memorable and enjoyable mod to play. However, for me, it's not quite up there with WTF? Story, King's Story, or Jenka's Nightmare. In my opinion, this mod's greatest strength was also its greatest weakness: its grand scale. It seems like Dubby's intent was to add depth and greater entertainment value to the game by enlarging rooms, adding extra items, lengthening fetch-quests, and beefing up bosses- often successfully so. On the other hand, this made the game overwhelming and confusing at times. This mod moves very slowly, which sometimes makes me bored playing it. The original Cave Story feels fluid due to its relative simplicity, whereas the gameplay in this mod is tedious and complicated by comparison, which can sometimes take the fun out of it. For players that like extremely long periods of exploration and trying every possible path (apparently, Dubby had about twice as many possible paths in this mod as the original CS, such as allowing you to skip Grasstown entirely or something like that if you're really clever), this may seem like an upgrade. But most people here are more accustomed to the original Cave Story which puts a little bit more emphasis on action and story. Dubby's work certainly isn't to be discredited, it's just not perfect, and in my opinion, not as good as the original Cave Story.