Cave Story Python save converter

Jan 31, 2012 at 3:23 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Thanks for that. I finally found the save file. I feel like an idiot. I was looking through the folders from the root of the hard drive, not the Home folder (I only just got a Mac for the first time a few days ago, so I didn't realize that the Home folder was my own user folder. I've used Linux before though, so I should have known that. The little house icon was kind of a giveaway....) so now all is well. I also got Cave Story+ although I think I almost prefer the original, but oh well.

Update: I took my Windows save and converted it for Cave Story+, which told me that the save file was corrupted. So I just started from the beginning so that I can also get the achievements. The Windows/Mac save converter still doesn't find my original Cave Story save file, even when it's in the same folder as the converter. I'm not sure what exactly I should do. I thought I could possibly hex edit it and do it the manual way, but swapping everything around seems like a really painfully long task without a script to do it for me, like the python script. If anyone has any tips on what I should do differently to get either converter to work, I'd really appreciate it.