Cave Story - Polish translation

Nov 10, 2011 at 10:50 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Yes, I know this tread exists, but it seems to be dead, so i decided to make my own translation. Not that my English skills are perfect, but anyway.
p141154-0-azttx84mdcp4cnoe.png

http://www.mediafire.com/?m37g3n9tahcc3mn
Here is a patch.

The translation is 100% complete, there is no English text left here.(Apart from "Level up" and "level down", but i believe there is no way to translate it properly).

Major differences between this translation and Aeon Genesis English Translation:
- Egg Corridor became Dragon Corridor(Smoczy korytarz). Sorry, but everything with "egg" in this name sounded totally wrong for me. I know it is a little spoiler, but hey, Mahin tells you in game about dragons too. If you think it's not OK and have a better idea, please tell me.
- Spur became Supernova(Supernowa). I were a bit creative here, but i had no idea how to translate it. Is it that meaning of "spur"? I doubt it. Every meaning i found sounded wrong.
Now it makes a little sense(you know, star evolves into supernova), and sounds OK for me. Again, if you have better idea, tell me.
- As you can see on the screen, Air became Oxygen(Tlen), and for a robot it makes even less sense, but Air was too long to fit in sprite(Powietrze).

Other things about this patch:
- Grasstown is still Grasstown
- Sand Zone is still Sand Zone
- all characters' names are the same as in english version(I hesitated a little about King, please tell me what you think about it)
- "Huzzah" is now "Huzia" (I shamelessly stole this idea from previous thread about PL translation :droll: )

I tried to do my best with this translation(i don't have any experience in translating anything, but translating into Polish is a lot easier than writing in English), and i am curious what do you think about it.

I think some dialogues still sound weird(i tried to change them so they dont, but sometimes it was really hard), but maybe i have spent too much time doing it. I am waiting for your opinion :D

Oh, and I used Cave Editor most of the time.

More screens:
diph.php

diph.php

diph.php

Nov 11, 2011 at 1:41 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Dunc2403 said:
How long did this take?

I started it a month ago or so.

Nov 11, 2011 at 8:22 AM
Not anymore
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
This is a really impressive translation.

Why it's impressive:
-You translated the credits.
-You translated DoConfig properly
-You used ClickTeam's patcher instead of making it a mod.

Very good stuff. I even learned a few Polish words. By the way, one issue I saw was that the title for "The Way Back Home" song, at the end of the credits, wasn't in Polish but English. Is this done on purpose? Same goes for a few other song titles at the end of the credits. Otherwise there were practically no problems.

Nov 11, 2011 at 9:21 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Carrotlord said:
By the way, one issue I saw was that the title for "The Way Back Home" song, at the end of the credits, wasn't in Polish but English. Is this done on purpose?

Yes, all songs are in English, and it is done on purpose. I decided not to translate them, because, uhm, they are titles of songs. If someone wants to find them on the internet for example, he won't find them under Polish titles.

Thank you for trying the patch.

Nov 11, 2011 at 1:49 PM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Mind if I upload the patch to the site?

Nov 11, 2011 at 2:41 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
andwhyisit said:
Mind if I upload the patch to the site?

Of course you can upload it.