Cave Story Plus Problems

Apr 24, 2014 at 3:19 AM
Pirate Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I was editing graphics from Cave Story Plus, trying to more or less make a mod of it. And I after editing ItemImage.bmp the items don't display correctly. And I tried naming it as itemimage.png and rename it to the .bmp file but that kept the game from loading. Does anyone know how I could fix this? (In-Game most of the items show as mostly blue instead of the normal colors)

Apr 24, 2014 at 3:44 AM
Giving it my all and shooting for the moon.
Modding Community Discord Admin
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
- Don't save it to any other filetype and then back a ".bmp". Keep it at either ".bmp" or ".pbm"

- If you are using MS Paint, then it's going to automatically screw with your colors. Use something else (like "Paint.net", or I think "GIMP" might work).

Apr 24, 2014 at 3:56 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
It must be .bmp format, not a png file renamed as .bmp. If you edited it in MS Paint and have introduced new colours then you can always save as a 24-bit bitmap, because MS Paint has a tendency to butcher palettes. And lets be honest, you should be working with a mod folder, not modding the main game folder as a matter of practice. Last of all you need to make backups before doing anything. There is no magic reset button.

If you could send me a copy of the modified file ( my email addy is realmmaster26@hotmail.com ) and let me know what program you used to edit it I could give you and idea on where you went wrong rather than guess at what the problem is.

Apr 24, 2014 at 5:46 AM
Pirate Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I actually did make backups of the files luckily, and I guess I'll try using GIMP.

Apr 24, 2014 at 9:59 PM
scrungy
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
If you ever forget to make backups, verify the game cache within Steam

Apr 25, 2014 at 5:17 AM
Pirate Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I actually just downloaded it from some random YouTube link. And it just happened to work perfectly.

Apr 25, 2014 at 5:52 AM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
Cliftin said:
I actually just downloaded it from some random YouTube link. And it just happened to work perfectly.
Well guess who's a Pirate Member now.

Apr 25, 2014 at 6:08 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
As in you didn't pay for the game? -_-