Cave Story Plantation - missing sue!!!!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 14, 2005 at 7:31 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Hello!

Please help me!!!
In the plantation there is no Sue lying in the bed!?
and so i can't talk with the mushroom in the graveyard!!

What shoud I do?
Is sue dead? after the battle with the core i drowned, but after 2 seconsd I saw me with the bubble of sue - sue was on the floor! This was the last time I saw her!

I can reach the labyrinth anymore!?

What can I do?

Oct 15, 2005 at 7:50 PM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
It sounds like you're talking about Curly, not Sue.

Now, what you're supposed to do is, before or after fighting the core, grab the tow rope at the far side of the room. Then, when Curly gives you her bubble, you use the tow rope to pull her out.

Follow the FAQs on the Gameflaws site.

Oct 15, 2005 at 9:05 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
oh right: curly!

I can't find this rope!!! today I begun from new, but there is no curly lying in the plantation bed and I don't can find the rope!

what can I do?

Oct 16, 2005 at 2:50 AM
You started from the very beginning of the game?

OK, before you fight the Core for the first time, go to the end of the room. There should be a sparkly thing in the puddle of water right next to the far wall.

Oct 16, 2005 at 10:04 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I searched in the hole room, but I can't find a sparkling thing there! not on the right and not on the left not on the top and not on the bottom :(

Yes I begun from the start - or was it not necessary? are there the other save games always saved?

far wall - is that the the wall like chains?

Oct 17, 2005 at 1:23 AM
Yeah, the fence at the very end of the room. There is a sparkly thing in the water puddle.

Oct 19, 2005 at 3:56 AM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
I haven't heard Django confirm he was on hard mode yet. Did you speak to Booster and get the Booster v0.8? If so, then the Tow Rope won't be there. The FAQs mentioned earlier tell you how to get there without the Booster.

To save games anywhere other than "profile.dat", simply quit out of CS, and copy profile.dat to another file. In order to use it again, copy it to the CS folder and change its name back to "profile.dat".

Also, when you do get into the waterway with Curly in tow, don't leave her lying in the cabin - you won't get her back if you do...

Oct 20, 2005 at 11:35 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
SHE ISN'T SUE! D:< *ahem* Sorry. I just hate when they're "changing names". She is Curly Brace and you could have saved her if you'd taken Tow rope and saved her with it.

Oct 20, 2005 at 3:55 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Yeah, Ucchan, but eXodus nailed it. The tow rope won't be there and the different ending won't be possible unless you skip getting the jet pack from Booster when you first see him fall in the labrynth. It seems hard to jump across to the door without the jetpack but if you jump right where the little red mark in the floor is you should make it just fine. The next area's will be a pain in the butt without it but it pays off later as Booster shows up again in Arthur's house and gives you the jet pack V 2.0 wich is a heck of a lot cooler.

Oct 23, 2005 at 11:18 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Felix said:
Yeah, Ucchan, but eXodus nailed it. The tow rope won't be there and the different ending won't be possible unless you skip getting the jet pack from Booster when you first see him fall in the labrynth. It seems hard to jump across to the door without the jetpack but if you jump right where the little red mark in the floor is you should make it just fine. The next area's will be a pain in the butt without it but it pays off later as Booster shows up again in Arthur's house and gives you the jet pack V 2.0 wich is a heck of a lot cooler.

have I understand right, that when I take the Booster 0.8 there is no Curly lying in the Bed (Plantation)? And so I can't finish the game?

Oct 24, 2005 at 10:41 PM
Yes. You must NOT talk to the Professor and instead jump over the gap into the boulder room.

Oct 26, 2005 at 1:23 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Django said:
have I understand right, that when I take the Booster 0.8 there is no Curly lying in the Bed (Plantation)? And so I can't finish the game?
Right. Well you can still finish the game, but only with the normal ending. You have to skip getting the Booster 0.8 or you won't be able to save Curly.

Oct 26, 2005 at 2:37 AM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
Basically, if you get the Booster 0.8, the Tow Rope in the corner of the boss room won't be there for you to pick up. The two items needed to get to Hell are the Booster 2.0 (skip Booster in the Labyrinth, whether you save Curly or not) and the Iron Bond (get Curly out of the Labyrinth and give her Ma Pignon at the Plantation). That also means you have to give the Mimiga Mask back.

Feb 13, 2006 at 2:33 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
well, if you talk to prof booster, the tow rope wont be there, and you cant save curly. if yyou dont talk to him, you can grab the tow rope, then go to the waterway like you normaly had in easy mode, except this time go to the waterway house thingy (this is a must) then read the computer and read the notebook, drain the water out of her, and then continue to fight the sharky boss. when you go too the plantation, she'll be there waiting. i think you can do the rest

Status
Not open for further replies.