Cave Story on Nintendo Switch

Jun 6, 2017 at 8:46 PM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
Well hey Tyrone, welcome back.

Yes that is pretty much what I meant -- although in that case her jaw still doesn't move.

It shouldn't move, it's a video game/cartoon, not reality. Watch almost any Japanese anime from the last 40 years; same rules apply.

Jun 6, 2017 at 8:52 PM
Stoned Member
"All your forum are belong to us!"
I see...

Oh, I think you mentioned something about tying the challenges into the game's canon somehow if I remember correctly. Would you mind elaborating on that a little?
I think he's going to be adding a few mentions to how they tie in either in the challenges themself or the story.

Maybe they'd just ditch the whole 'challenge menu' and put it all as part of the main game?

Jun 6, 2017 at 8:58 PM
Stoned Member
I don't really see how Wind Fortress could be cohesively tied into the canon.
Who said it couldn't take place before Cave Story?

Jun 6, 2017 at 10:11 PM
lol
Modding Community Discord Moderator
Who said it couldn't take place before Cave Story?
Wasn't Pixel's explanation for the wind fortress was that it was after Grasstown and before the Sand-Zone?

Jun 6, 2017 at 10:48 PM
Professional Whatever
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
tbh those animated facepics are pretty cute

Jun 6, 2017 at 11:01 PM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
Tyrone,

This might be the best version of Cave Story+ so far, from what it looks like! I'm really digging the design choices that's being added in there. Also the animated facepics are pretty cool too, I'll definitely have to get this whenever I get a switch sometime. After all, it's been a while since I played the original Cave Story.

Jun 6, 2017 at 11:04 PM
Stoned Member
All this Animated facepic talk has me curious on how ballos will look...

Jun 7, 2017 at 12:53 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
@zxin: Is there a specific facepic you found issue with? They all look perfectly fine to me.

Jun 7, 2017 at 3:21 AM
Based Member
Wasn't Pixel's explanation for the wind fortress was that it was after Grasstown and before the Sand-Zone?
I find it hard to see how Wind Fortress would really tie into the cannon of Cave Story. My understanding is that Wind Fortress is based off of a level that Pixel originally intended to end with Quote fighting that machine that Curly is in, and then Curly getting destroyed along with the machine when you beat the boss. If my source is accurate and my memory is correct, he cut it out because he decided it was too gruesome.

Jun 7, 2017 at 4:43 AM
lol
Modding Community Discord Moderator
I find it hard to see how Wind Fortress would really tie into the cannon of Cave Story. My understanding is that Wind Fortress is based off of a level that Pixel originally intended to end with Quote fighting that machine that Curly is in, and then Curly getting destroyed along with the machine when you beat the boss. If my source is accurate and my memory is correct, he cut it out because he decided it was too gruesome.
I remember that too, but if I'm correct wasn't it Balrog who put Curly in the machine or something?

Jun 7, 2017 at 6:17 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
How can Arthur have a facepic? Isn't he meant to be a corpse? Do you mean King?

Last edited:
Jun 7, 2017 at 6:18 AM
Professional Whatever
p358740-0-sakuraitoostronkfb3363251.jpg

Jun 7, 2017 at 6:06 PM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
-The Polishes and Baby Polishes don't animate anymore at all.

That's probably a result of the frame rate the game was being recorded at, not due to them losing their animations.

Jun 10, 2017 at 6:08 PM
Tommy Thunder
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
I don't have a switch and will most likely never get one. Should I pre-order it just for the extras?
I would say no, because you'd be spending like $30 on a keychain and other small extras? If you're not getting a Switch, you should just buy them off of a website like eBay or Amazon for potentially much cheaper, or heck, maybe GameStop would sell them if they have enough inventory left.

Jun 10, 2017 at 7:53 PM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
I would say no, because you'd be spending like $30 on a keychain and other small extras? If you're not getting a Switch, you should just buy them off of a website like eBay or Amazon for potentially much cheaper, or heck, maybe GameStop would sell them if they have enough inventory left.
Yeah, I don't think I'll get it. Although they would probably be priced for more instead of cheaper since it would be somewhat of a rarity, I don't think it's worth $30 unless I'm gonna be able to play the actual game.

Last edited: