Cave Story Omega (CANCELED)

What else should I add for the 1.0 release?

• Total voters
Dec 14, 2018 at 10:43 PM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
Excuse me if i sound harsh here.
We arent complaining about copyright, we are trying to get you aware that Nicalis does not want their sprites used in mods, period, and the copyright law is totally fine with that as far as I'm concerned.
If you keep going on like this I can assure you someone will take down either the upload or the links here to it, and it'll be on you, not us.
If you don't want to use assets from the original game or think they can use improvement(like toroko), then make your own, but don't take assets from a copyrighted game unless the dev(s) have stated before that it is okay.
Would you just read the "Copyright" spoiler? Also Pixel overlooked Cave Story+ and I'm not claiming the assets as my own.

Dec 14, 2018 at 10:46 PM
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
Would you just read the "Copyright" spoiler? Also Pixel overlooked Cave Story+ and I'm not claiming the assets as my own.
That still won't denied the fact that you could get pursuit or something

Dec 14, 2018 at 11:40 PM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Yeah uh the other users aren't kidding, either remove the CS+ assets or this is getting taken down.

Dec 15, 2018 at 1:31 AM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
Yeah uh the other users aren't kidding, either remove the CS+ assets or this is getting taken down.
Did you not see the newest update?

Dec 15, 2018 at 1:41 AM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
Did you not see the newest update?
Dude. Stop. We HAVE seen the newest update. Just because you acknowledge the assets are by Nicalis doesn't mean they can still take this down.

EDIT: Oh wait, nevermind. You changed them.

Dec 15, 2018 at 5:37 PM
Oh dear no, don't use images from there. It looks like they've been soaked in water. Try and hunt down the sources. (it says who made them so it should be relatively easy?)

I really think that you should know: That's not how copyright works. You can't just say "X made this" and then use X's IP unless you attain the rights to do so from them, or the relevant IP is subject to a licence that allows you to do so. If the IP is in the public domain, nobody owns it and you can do as you like with it.
Pixel doesn't care about suing people for redistributing Cave Story. It's free. Would he even get any money if he won a lawsuit?
Cave Story+, however, is not free. The modified assets from it are owned by NiCALiS, and NiCALiS aren't a sweet indie dev, they're a company with profit to make.

TL;DR Giving credit to copyright holders (in this case: NiCALiS) doesn't let you use their works unless they say so.
Um, in the beta 1.2 update I removed the nicalis assets.

Dec 15, 2018 at 6:48 PM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
Um, in the beta 1.2 update I removed the nicalis assets.
We know, we're just warning you for any other instances that you may do the same thing.

Dec 15, 2018 at 7:47 PM
"Huzzah!"

Last edited:
Dec 15, 2018 at 8:22 PM
War criminal
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
For the case that you do decide to use 2x res graphics in a cs mod, may I suggest the graphics made by Noxid, GIR, Ollie, and Aar (used in King Story, WTF Story, The Show, and video game deluxe)? They're the closest you'll get to royalty free versions of CS+ graphics.

Well, there is a fully pledged 2x res pack that's in the works, but given the developer's interest in it alongside other projects she has, it's probably not gonna be out anytime soon. The only con for it too (or at least a major concern for it) is due to the complexity of the graphics and even using paintings for the facepics, they won't be as easily modifiable to the average graphic artist.

Dec 16, 2018 at 5:22 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Crash reoptt: Just crashes when the killer thing falls.

Please, I just want the good ending ;-;

Attachments

• Change to .dat.txt
    1.5 KB · Views: 0
Dec 16, 2018 at 5:59 PM
"Huzzah!"

Last edited:
Dec 16, 2018 at 6:41 PM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
View attachment 5198
What is this madness of files

Oh wow. Um, just a little criticism to SpacePro, delete the leftover files after you're done editing the game/before you release it. Because it adds to the filesize of the download and isn't needed since we aren't making the game. Basically, I'll delete the Booster's Lab Backup for Doukutsu, the CS3DS font (which shouldn't be there to begin with cuz I'm pretty sure that font is copyright Nicalis too), Config.dat, error.log, basically all the files that weren't there in vanilla Cave Story.

Dec 16, 2018 at 9:39 PM
Oh wow. Um, just a little criticism to SpacePro, delete the leftover files after you're done editing the game/before you release it. Because it adds to the filesize of the download and isn't needed since we aren't making the game. Basically, I'll delete the Booster's Lab Backup for Doukutsu, the CS3DS font (which shouldn't be there to begin with cuz I'm pretty sure that font is copyright Nicalis too), Config.dat, error.log, basically all the files that weren't there in vanilla Cave Story.
Ok, will do!

Crash reoptt: Just crashes when the killer thing falls.

Please, I just want the good ending ;-;
What error do you get?

Dec 16, 2018 at 10:16 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Dec 18, 2018 at 12:15 AM
The game just freezes near the good ending.
(This maybe? \BetterCaveStory\BetterCaveStory\data\stage\Prt.bmp,0)
Ok, I'll try to fix that.

Jan 24, 2019 at 12:24 AM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
plz fix this
cavestoryglitch.PNG

Jan 25, 2019 at 3:40 PM
"Huzzah!"

Last edited:
Jan 25, 2019 at 7:04 PM
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
What does <ACH mean/what suppose to do ?

Last edited: