Cave Story Omega (CANCELED)

What else should I add for the 1.0 release?

• Total voters
Dec 12, 2018 at 1:38 AM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
CANCELED
NO LONGER AVAILABLE FOR DOWNLOAD
WILL BE DELETING THIS THREAD ONCE I LEARN HOW

Last edited:
Dec 12, 2018 at 2:30 AM
2dbro
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
what's in this 'fan update' specifically

Dec 12, 2018 at 3:32 AM
War criminal
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
what's in this 'fan update' specifically
New characters, new weapons, four unique endings, and four all new soundtracks, produced by talented composers including, but not limited to, Danny Baranowsky, RushJet1, and Ridiculon!

Dec 12, 2018 at 10:36 AM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
New characters, new weapons, four unique endings, and four all new soundtracks, produced by talented composers including, but not limited to, Danny Baranowsky, RushJet1, and Ridiculon!
No, not all of that, read the first spoier. It's what I plan to add. And no, this is not Cave Story+.

Last edited:
Dec 12, 2018 at 10:56 AM
Deliverer of Sweets
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
Dec 12, 2018 at 5:35 PM
Stoned Member
"All your forum are belong to us!"
I don't think anybody's gonna download this if you don't provide screenshots.

Dec 12, 2018 at 6:25 PM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
Ok so I haven't played the mod yet but I still wanna quickly say something before I see what the heck this is

First: You aren't the first to make an updated/"better" version of Cave Story. Cave Story X, Cave Story NG+, list goes on. The thing is, you can actually make a decent updated version of Cave Story. It's just that a lot of people here have played through Cave Story like 100 times or something, and playing through it again with slight changes is probably not what they want.
Second: Oh my god thank you for making it possible to trade back the Polar Star from Curly, I still remember my first attempt at a best ending run and I accidentally traded the Polar Star while skipping textboxes and I didn't save since the middle of Grasstown
And finally: You can easily fix the out of textbox bug by making sure each of your lines don't go out of the textbox and hitting enter before it does.

I'll go check this mod out soon. Since it's only in super early beta I doubt there's a lot of changes so far.

Also one more comment: yeah, nobody's interested in your mod if there isn't any screenshots.

EDIT: Oh well nevermind then, guess I'm not looking at the mod. Got too distracted about side projects... oof

Last edited:
Dec 13, 2018 at 5:22 AM
Stoned Member
"All your forum are belong to us!"
Another thing to mention : Using those NICALiS assets is illegal.
You might want to remove those.

Dec 13, 2018 at 3:09 PM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
Another thing to mention : Using those NICALiS assets is illegal.
You might want to remove those.
Oh, he used Nicalis assets?
Well, I can tell from the screenshots.
Yeah don't do that, it is pretty frowned upon in these forums to use those in your own mod. If you want to use a Quote facepic or a different looking title image, I recommend you draw them yourself.

Dec 13, 2018 at 3:45 PM
War criminal
Or you can just alter Quote's facepic a bit so it won't be detected under the radar. That's how Kayya did it, that's how ZarroTsu did it, that's even how I did it. (Actually don't, methinks that cheat is now overruled)

Dec 13, 2018 at 5:01 PM
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
Wat, why submit that ?
Btw you can take quote face sprites from this vids, there's the link to the mod in the desc too
edit=The face have changed from what they looked like in the vid, too bad ^^

Last edited:
Dec 14, 2018 at 5:28 PM
Dec 14, 2018 at 5:36 PM
War criminal
what is that?
Basically a room to customize Quote before speedrunning the Sacred Grounds once again. I wouldn't recommend doimg that in a mod because that's been done to death.

Dec 14, 2018 at 7:27 PM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
For the love of god, please stop complaining about copyright. If you dont like the changed sprites then just copy over the .bmp files from the orignial Cave Story. Just stop complaining about copyright. I will see any more comments complaining about copyright as trash comments, and will reply to them with "#TrashComment" For crying out loud, you allowed mods like Cave Story X to do it, so why are you going to bash me?!?

ok

1.) Changing over the .bmp files? That won't fix anything. You are still releasing a game with copyrighted assets and Nicalis can take this down. You should release this with the normal cave story assets and then let us alter the graphics not the other way around.
2.) Replying "#TrashComment" to each of our replies is not going to help. That's just being disrespectful.
3.) Hold up, Cave Story X used Plus graphics? I still disagree with the copyright thing and I have no idea why Aar would make a mod using those graphics so um...

Dec 14, 2018 at 7:54 PM
"Huzzah!"

Last edited:
Dec 14, 2018 at 7:54 PM
scrungy
For crying out loud, you allowed mods like Cave Story X to do it, so why are you going to bash me?!?
Jeez, I haven't touched that mod in ages. I do admit to downscaling some CS+ assets for the mod's facepics, but from what I recall the vast majority of assets were simply recolored to look more like their CS+ counterparts; because that's the look I preferred. Long story short, using Nicalis' graphics is illegal, and you shouldn't do it. The only reason I still have Cave Story X up is for archival purposes (and a measurement of personal growth over time), and I even advise people not to download it.

Dec 14, 2018 at 9:37 PM
Deliverer of Sweets
Just stop complaining about copyright.
Excuse me if i sound harsh here.
We arent complaining about copyright, we are trying to get you aware that Nicalis does not want their sprites used in mods, period, and the copyright law is totally fine with that as far as I'm concerned.
If you keep going on like this I can assure you someone will take down either the upload or the links here to it, and it'll be on you, not us.
If you don't want to use assets from the original game or think they can use improvement(like toroko), then make your own, but don't take assets from a copyrighted game unless the dev(s) have stated before that it is okay.

Dec 14, 2018 at 9:39 PM
then make your own, but don't take assets from a copyrighted game unless the dev(s) have stated before that it is okay.
Or ask someone to do it(if you have the balls)