Cave Story Modding Team

What are you better at when it comes to modding?

• Total voters
Jun 30, 2020 at 12:30 AM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Hopefully if you said yes to helping me make cave story 2 then you will be helping in many ways! Thank you so much!

Above there is a poll above what you are better at. please vote and i will put you in the groups

Jun 30, 2020 at 12:43 AM
War criminal
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
I would hate to be the bearer of bad news, but it's safe to assume you've never made a mod before, right? You're gonna need some credibility as a Cave Story modder if you ever decide to start up a team for building a mod, let alone an ambitious project like yet another Cave Story 2 mod. I strongly suggest holding this off and starting with something small, get into the hang of it, first.

There's an old saying that I think is valid for anyone starting a team without any previous credibility as a modder, or a game developer, even. Especially if you lack the experience of either field. And I believe it's a silent rule that is still abided by.

Jun 30, 2020 at 12:49 AM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
I would hate to be the bearer of bad news, but it's safe to assume you've never made a mod before, right? You're gonna need some credibility as a Cave Story modder if you ever decide to start up a team for building a mod, let alone an ambitious project like yet another Cave Story 2 mod. I strongly suggest holding this off and starting with something small, get into the hang of it, first.

There's an old saying that I think is valid for anyone starting a team without any previous credibility as a modder, or a game developer, even. Especially if you lack the experience of either field. And I believe it's a silent rule that is still abided by.
i have made many mods before and i know how to script, its just that my cave editor dosent work, and my pc gets all mad when i download boosters lab.

Jun 30, 2020 at 1:53 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
When I get my computer back, I'd be happy to sprite for your mod!

Jun 30, 2020 at 1:55 AM
Jun 30, 2020 at 3:04 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Again, when i get my computer back... But I will indeed join!

Jun 30, 2020 at 5:49 AM
Brayconn Online
Modding Community Discord Moderator
CSE Discord Moderator
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
Jun 30, 2020 at 10:26 AM
Soup Man
"In Soviet Russia, graves keep YOU!"
good luck on your mod i look forward to see cave story 2!
not a lot of modders make cave story 2 because everyone yells at them when they try because this community is TOXIC.

Could you show us some of them?
1593508925740.png

Jun 30, 2020 at 11:59 AM
Deliverer of Sweets
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
I second this, not to be mean but it's pretty hard to be up for helping someone in a project if they have nothing to show (yet!) regarding their own skill in it.

Jun 30, 2020 at 4:42 PM
War criminal
not a lot of modders make cave story 2 because everyone yells at them when they try because this community is TOXIC.
I don't remember that ever happening to Shmitz, Doors, ZarroTsu, CarrotLord, ColdCallerLoopy, Turbocharge, or even Tsubasa just for making a sequel mod. You sure you're in the right community?

Jun 30, 2020 at 7:48 PM
I second this, not to be mean but it's pretty hard to be up for helping someone in a project if they have nothing to show (yet!) regarding their own skill in it.
I have some of the mod done, like very little but I have quite a big modding team on discord so far

Sure some of my members edited it after I made this video.....

Not the real thing its just a joke...

here It is this is my first mod called "Hard Hell" you only get to use the spur and have a max of 55 lifes, I, However made mine invisable as a Example

Jun 30, 2020 at 10:45 PM
War criminal
Seeing it as it is, it may actually be much easier, yet very tedious compared to the original hell. Especially without the Quake effect or the RNG blocks in B2. If you are to make it into a speedrun challenge, I do suggest removing the Ballos lore and adding the Nikumaru Counter. And make the stage and challenges a bit more interesting.

Also nice use of hax.

Jul 1, 2020 at 1:05 AM
Seeing it as it is, it may actually be much easier, yet very tedious compared to the original hell. Especially without the Quake effect or the RNG blocks in B2. If you are to make it into a speedrun challenge, I do suggest removing the Ballos lore and adding the Nikumaru Counter. And make the stage and challenges a bit more interesting.

Also nice use of hax.
i get what your saying about B2, and the challanges, but this was my fisrt mod from a long time ago, I made a Improved version though.

Jul 1, 2020 at 7:57 PM
Mrs. Policewoman
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
I don't remember that ever happening to Shmitz, Doors, ZarroTsu, CarrotLord, ColdCallerLoopy, Turbocharge, or even Tsubasa just for making a sequel mod. You sure you're in the right community?
Man, I was involved in at least two different attempts to make a sequel (one mod, one on a new engine), and both of them were received pretty well!
They didn't get finished, but people were, if anything, pretty positive about them.
I don't know what's with this weird impression people have that this community is super negative about people making sequel mods.

Jul 9, 2020 at 8:08 PM
I think im just gonna do this mod by myself because i am good aty TSC now and mapping and I don't need much help, also because the cave story discord sever is being laggy so I had to leave it, But i gave away my Ownership, also you guys can still make mods here, its just I wanna do my own sequel, no offence

Last edited: