cave story lore explained half life and portal takes place in the cave story universe (Well, now its the Half-Life x Cave Story AU timeline.)

Feb 10, 2019 at 6:14 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
ever since half life released we are trying to figure out the lore of the game and at 2004 cave story and half life 2 released and at 2011 portal 2 released now time to uncover the cave story lore once and for all but if you want to make your own timeline sure but be aware of these 12 things
1: misery is presumed to be built at 2003 for me, but now Misery seems like she could be built at 1989. and is a android
2. robots and androids are the same thing
3. quote, curly, misery and balrog are the leaders of the resistance
4. Oh fuck, Im just gonna be sane that the combine are not modded humans, but are aliens, I cant believe 12 year old me was that stupid at the time.
5. the 7 hour war and the war between killer robots and mimigas, although maybe the Combine only sent their turrets, are the same event
6. the combine came with the killer robots, although their is a high chance that the combine might have "persuaded" Aperture Science into giving them their turrets.
7. the killer robots are the turrets
9. turrets are aperture science millitary androids
10. the news that enraged mimigas came to the earth is fake news. The combine came to the earth before the war and after Half Life
11. the 1st group of the combine goes to the black mesa incident. (Well we already knew that.)
12. Another headcanon for my Half-Life x Cave Story AU is that the combine based their Elite suit off of the turret.
i have been writing in my notebook
so lets get going to the cave story lore:
1952 Cave Johnson and the aperture science builders began working on aperture science, Aperture science are building shower cuirtains back then but whey were making sub-projects but one of them are scrapped (But reused later in the lore.) one of these subprojects is the turret, a robot with a machine gun also known as elite overwatch (to be a future combine soldier in my headcanon cuz when you look closley they do resemble the turrets from portal (big eye guy with guns. The only difference is that one is a humanoid and the other is a oval with legs,)or It has no directive so they scrap it, not literally scrap it but store it away, you get what im saying. Although it has 3 models the cute one (Shown in the Portal series.) The humanlike one (shown in Half Life 2 and its episodes.) And the one that is shown in Cave Story.
1953-aperture science invented it made cuirtains
1954- The combine (known as HECU during the time.) decided to invade the vortigaunts homeworld and the vorts decided to flee to xen to sought refuge from the HECU destruction.
1955- The HECU decided to create the Nihilanth and it enslaved vortigaunts.
1956 aperture science got award and get to make cuirtains for the millitary (not the navy)
1957-1975- mostly shower curtains
1976- birth to the gordon freeman
1978- aperture science founder cave johnson plan on making deadly curtains
1979- cave johnson dies
1981- aperture science became unpoupular
1986- birth to GLaDOS black mesa invented
1987- ballos thrown in prison
1988- ballos powers ran wild
1989- Ballos was sealed away to the island and Jenka built Balrog and Misery to keep Ballos from doing any suspicious behavior.
1994- gordon freeman goes to college
1996- GLaDOS 10 yrs old she got a update
1998- the hemrit gunsmith starts working on a laser (spur) and on revolver (polar star) stage
1999- gordon freeman got MIT and PHP
2003- GLaDOS got a update in aperture science 1st bring your daughter to work day. GLaDOS filled the entire room with neurotoxin (possibly) killing everyone exept Chell.
2003 or 2004-Misery asked Ballos to create the demon crown, Misery originally intended the Demon Crown to prevent Ballos powers from running wild even more, but the Demon Crown is actually a item powered by Ballos' soul cursing Misery and Balrog to do the bidding of all who wore it, only 3 crown bearers used it in this time but they dissappeared and Misery and Balrog were put into stasis. The Doctor wormed his way to the Sakumoto reserch group, The Doctor got the Demon Crown and turned Sue and Itoh into Mimigas A portal opened in front of Gordon he got sucked in Gordon got passed the barrier Gordon got in the train which leads us to half life barney arrives at black mesa which leaves us to the events of half life blue shift (Maybe I should put Opposing Force in here.) after the resonance cascade the combine and turrets were sent to the Islandfrom the countries of the earth leading to the 7 Hour War. Dr. Breen bring peace and the combine won. and dr breen and the combine rules the earth.
2004- quote and curly got sent to the island and found the doctor and defeated him, the Doctor then hacks Quote and Curly's memories and removes them (with the exception of Curly's name), Misery then TPd the robot duo to seperate locations.
2014- Cave Story
2015- Quote, Curly, Balrog and Misery form the resistance.
2016- portal and lab rat
2019- Half Life Alyx
2024- half life 2 and its episodes, This is the year when Eli died (lol JK 2019 Alyx saved him but she was put into stasis.)
Either 2226, 2516 or 52016- Portal 2
the end
so there you have it the lore of cave story finally found out by me it might be true

Last edited:
Feb 10, 2019 at 6:29 PM
Stoned Member
"All your forum are belong to us!"
This took more out of me than any blunt or workout ever could.

Portal 2 took place in the Half-Life universe, along with Team Fortress 2. That's about it.

Half life 1 was out when Cave Story started development, but it is a completely different kind of game with a completely different narrative, Cave Story is a lighthearted game about a robot who goes on a quest to help some bunnies on a floating island kill some power hungry doctor (they never explained his specialty)

Cave Story took the most of its inspiration from Metroid, amongst other early exploration based games at the time, and it set a standard for what an indie developer should be able to do that is still held up to this day, and Cave Story, if anything, relates itself to that series more than any others, and even then, it's still hugely different in terms of execution and progression.

Just because robots exist in both doesn't mean you should jump to the conclusion that it's linked with one of your other favorite games.

Feb 10, 2019 at 6:42 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
This took more out of me than any blunt or workout ever could.

Portal 2 took place in the Half-Life universe, along with Team Fortress 2. That's about it.

Half life 1 was out when Cave Story started development, but it is a completely different kind of game with a completely different narrative, Cave Story is a lighthearted game about a robot who goes on a quest to help some bunnies on a floating island kill some power hungry doctor (they never explained his specialty)

Cave Story took the most of its inspiration from Metroid, amongst other early exploration based games at the time, and it set a standard for what an indie developer should be able to do that is still held up to this day, and Cave Story, if anything, relates itself to that series more than any others, and even then, it's still hugely different in terms of execution and progression.

Just because robots exist in both doesn't mean you should jump to the conclusion that it's linked with one of your other favorite games.
cave story took 5 years to make cave story released in 2004
2004-5=1999
cave story started devolepment in 1999
half life is released in 1998

Feb 10, 2019 at 6:55 PM
I'm guessing this was a joke considering the amount of inaccuracies of CS and Half Life's lore to the point where you'd have to actually try to be this wrong (although I don't know why you'd create a thread for it and treat it as though it's a legitimate theory, there's a thread dedicated to idiotic theory premises)
Misery was born in 2004
Quote Curly and Balrog are a part of the human resistance in HL2
the HECU were combine soldiers
the 7 hour war and the war between killer robots and humans are the same event
the combine came with the killer robots, and said killer robots are the turrets
turrets are aperture science millitary androids
the news that enraged mimigas came to the earth are fake news. the combine came to the earth
the 1st group of the combine goes to the black mesa incident while the others come to the island
the 7 hour war lasted 7 mins because eli vance stated so in half life 2 ep 2
city 17 invented while the combine have not enslaved the earth yet this is a good thing hurray
1976 - birth to the gordon freeman (he was born a year later)
aperture science founder cave johnson plan on makng deadly curtains
1979- cave johnson dies (he died in the mid 80's)
1989- demon crown invented though balrog and misery hasent give birth yet so its pretty much useless
1993-combine invaded vortagaunts homeworld the combine came to earth they are very nice until the 7 hour war and the black mesa incident with took place in 2003 (it happened may 2004)
2003-a portal opened in front of gordon he got sucked in gordon got passed the barrier gordon got in the train which leads us to half life barney arrives at black mesa which leaves us to the events of half life blue shift after the resonence cascade the combine and turrets were sent from the countries of the earth leading to the 7 hour war dr breen bring peace and the combine won. and dr breen rules the earth. GLaDOS got a update in aperture science 1st bring your daughter to work day.
quote foremed the resistance and he plans on destroying the combine and taking back earth

Last edited:
Feb 10, 2019 at 7:15 PM
2dbro
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
dates of game releases dont contribute to the actual story of the game

Feb 10, 2019 at 7:31 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
WTF is this? Uh, HECU is a completely different team of soldiers unrelated to the Combine. Combine have human soldiers in their army, yes, but is headed by something that is clearly not human. The combine's turrets aren't the same as Apertures, and arent the frontline offense like the robots supposedly were in Cave Story.

This has to be some dumb joke

Feb 10, 2019 at 7:43 PM
Only Love, Maximum Love, Forever
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
WTF is this? Uh, HECU is a completely different team of soldiers unrelated to the Combine. Combine have human soldiers in their army, yes, but is headed by something that is clearly not human.

Is there any proof for the HECU being a completely different team of soldiers? Also Combine don't employ humans, they have humanoid species in their forces but not humans outright. Personally I think this theory has legs, I don't think you're putting enough thought into it.

Feb 10, 2019 at 8:00 PM
4. HECU is the old name for the combine

UHHHH I THINK THE FUCK NOT YOU TRICK ASS BITCH
The HECU were just a special unit of the military, assigned for, well, HAZARDOUS ENVIRONMENTS, hence the name"Hazardous Environment Combat Unit."
They are not at all related to the combine, except for in the 7 Hour War, where they tried to fight against them in some areas.
The Combine are a completely different ball game, the combine soldiers you probably know are extremely modified humans with so much changed about them you couldn't even tell they're human at that point.

This post is a good meme, but that legitimately pissed me off.

Feb 11, 2019 at 12:00 AM
War criminal
This theory could be right, all along. After all, I made the same conclusion while playing Cave Story 3D:
p368281-0-6kismr.png

Feb 11, 2019 at 12:14 AM
"Huzzah!"
Is this supposed to be a joke?.
This is a really stupid theory.

Feb 12, 2019 at 7:48 PM
I'm guessing this was a joke considering the amount of inaccuracies of CS and Half Life's lore to the point where you'd have to actually try to be this wrong (although I don't know why you'd create a thread for it and treat it as though it's a legitimate theory, there's a thread dedicated to idiotic theory premises)
Misery was born in 2004
Quote Curly and Balrog are a part of the human resistance in HL2
the HECU were combine soldiers
the 7 hour war and the war between killer robots and humans are the same event
the combine came with the killer robots, and said killer robots are the turrets
turrets are aperture science millitary androids
the news that enraged mimigas came to the earth are fake news. the combine came to the earth
the 1st group of the combine goes to the black mesa incident while the others come to the island
the 7 hour war lasted 7 mins because eli vance stated so in half life 2 ep 2
city 17 invented while the combine have not enslaved the earth yet this is a good thing hurray
1976 - birth to the gordon freeman (he was born a year later)
aperture science founder cave johnson plan on makng deadly curtains
1979- cave johnson dies (he died in the mid 80's)
1989- demon crown invented though balrog and misery hasent give birth yet so its pretty much useless
1993-combine invaded vortagaunts homeworld the combine came to earth they are very nice until the 7 hour war and the black mesa incident with took place in 2003 (it happened may 2004)
2003-a portal opened in front of gordon he got sucked in gordon got passed the barrier gordon got in the train which leads us to half life barney arrives at black mesa which leaves us to the events of half life blue shift after the resonence cascade the combine and turrets were sent from the countries of the earth leading to the 7 hour war dr breen bring peace and the combine won. and dr breen rules the earth. GLaDOS got a update in aperture science 1st bring your daughter to work day.
quote foremed the resistance and he plans on destroying the combine and taking back earth
looks like your the one getting the inacuraccies

Last edited:
Feb 12, 2019 at 8:14 PM
Soup Man
"In Soviet Russia, graves keep YOU!"
Misery and balrog gave birth what

Feb 12, 2019 at 8:24 PM
Stoned Member
"All your forum are belong to us!"
Cave Story and Half Life take place in the same universe because they have 2 words in their title

Feb 13, 2019 at 1:38 AM
War criminal
Ballos was possessed by Nihilanth, change my mind

Feb 13, 2019 at 12:18 PM
Cave Story takes place in the same universe as Minecraft because they both have monsters and you walk around in caves

Feb 13, 2019 at 3:05 PM
Cave Story takes place in the same universe as Undertale because cave story ripped it off.
cave story is not a ripoff of undertale (shoots jacred with a shotgun in the head.)

Feb 13, 2019 at 5:19 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
nice meme guys
cave story takes place in the same universe as terraria because they both have bunnies (or mimigas, whatever)

Feb 13, 2019 at 5:49 PM
cave story takes place in the same universe as terraria because they both have bunnies
and you know it MUST be true because there's a Quote hat in the game!

Last edited:
Feb 13, 2019 at 8:02 PM
took you long enough mate
right sorry, undertale is a ripoff of cave story.
whats the evidence?
under=cave
tale=story
COME ON GUYS SMH MY HEAD
whatever one I have left anyways
fun fact: nelvana actually made a terrible 0/10 cave story tv ripoff called "ruby gloom"

Feb 13, 2019 at 9:43 PM
2dbro
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
i thought cave story was just a ripoff of shenmue 2