Cave Story look-a-likes

Sep 18, 2013 at 5:49 AM
daughter of chivalry
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"

I fail to see how there's the same principal, really. Power-hungry mad-man who murders small rabbit people vs very attractive David Tennant time traveler???

For the sake of relevance, Isabelle from Animal Crossing New Leaf reminds me a bit of Toroko.

p134747-0-isabelle.png
<3

Sep 18, 2013 at 5:56 AM
War criminal
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Of all post I saw in this topic, not one person said that MC Adore from Rhythm Heaven looks exactly like Curly Brace.

p134748-0-mcadorebyashurinchand6j6tn5.png

Sep 24, 2013 at 6:51 PM
Based Member
Were all of these so obvious and general consensus that no one thought it was even worth mentioning them?

QuoteAsh_zps42eb8d63.png

BalrogBrave_zps2f97a1d8.png

KingKnuckles_zps71d516cb.png

JackPilot_zps0404f1c0.png

Sep 24, 2013 at 8:12 PM
Professional Whatever
I don't see how the last two qualify as "obvious and general consensus"

Sep 24, 2013 at 9:08 PM
daughter of chivalry
Yeah, and I really think comparing King to Knuckles is grasping at straws. Almost seems like by that token he could be compared to any Sonic character.

edit: woo 1337 posts

Sep 24, 2013 at 10:07 PM
Based Member
MagicDoors said:
I don't see how the last two qualify as "obvious and general consensus"
If I had a dollar for every time the last two have been referenced, I'd have more dollars than you do posts.

Wild Desu said:
I really think comparing King to Knuckles is grasping at straws. Almost seems like by that token he could be compared to any Sonic character.
The very first time I saw King's face picture, Knuckles was the first thing that popped into my mind. I can't cite any sources, but I'm definitely not the only person who thought this the first time playing Cave Story.

Sep 24, 2013 at 10:21 PM
Professional Whatever
This thread is for Cave Story look-alikes. Neither one of those looks anything like its other.

Sep 24, 2013 at 10:28 PM
Based Member
I beg to differ. The shape of King's eyes and grumpy demeanor bear quite a resemblance to those of Knuckles in my opinion. And it's not so much Jack's body as it is his attire that gives the impression that he wants to be a pilot. I'm sorry that you personally do not think there's much resemblance between the last two, but these are similarities I've thought existed between these two pairs for quite some time, and have heard references to many times.

EDIT: 1000th post! "What're YOU lookin' at?"

I guess technically this will be my 999th once DT refreshes the post counts again...

Sep 24, 2013 at 11:36 PM
War criminal
Don't forget Igor.

p134755-0-170pxrichards2.png

Sep 24, 2013 at 11:56 PM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
HaydenStudios said:
I beg to differ. The shape of King's eyes and grumpy demeanor bear quite a resemblance to those of Knuckles in my opinion. And it's not so much Jack's body as it is his attire that gives the impression that he wants to be a pilot. I'm sorry that you personally do not think there's much resemblance between the last two, but these are similarities I've thought existed between these two pairs for quite some time, and have heard references to many times.
Look-a-likes does not equal "Reminds me of".

And you should really cite some of these "many times" you've heard the last 2 sets correlated, because I've never seen it so it sounds like you're sorta just pulling that out of your ass.

Sep 25, 2013 at 4:14 PM
War criminal
Okay, I was gonna ask if that Balrog look-a-like came from Yume Nikki because of the art style, but I just check the sprites to find out it didn't.

Sep 25, 2013 at 4:53 PM
daughter of chivalry
DoubleThink said:
I have a good one:
diph.php
gET OUT

TLincoln said:
Okay, I was gonna ask if that Balrog look-a-like came from Yume Nikki because of the art style, but I just check the sprites to find out it didn't.
Ok I know that game pretty well and I don't recall any toasters in that game.
Anywhoo it's from the best webcomic ever called Large Bagel, but we're under the suspicion the creator died, as it hasn't updated in 2 years.

Sep 25, 2013 at 9:18 PM
Forever 12
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
King always reminded me of knuckles.

HaydenStudios said:
The very first time I saw King's face picture, Knuckles was the first thing that popped into my mind. I can't cite any sources, but I'm definitely not the only person who thought this the first time playing Cave Story.
Same for me, when I first saw King, I immediately thought of knuckles.

Sep 25, 2013 at 9:55 PM
tem go to colleg and make u prouds!!!
Although King always did kind of remind me of Knuckles, I only noticed when I played Cavern Tale. It kind of reminded of in Sonic Battle where Knuckles is more of a comedy relief character who repeatedly gets tricked and wants to fight everybody.

Sep 25, 2013 at 10:20 PM
War criminal
What if King is actually Knuckles being turned into a Mimiga the whole time? Considering how similar Sue and Itoh look between their human and Mimiga formes and because of Shadow's appearance in Bombchu's mod in progress.

Sep 26, 2013 at 3:02 PM
Pirate Member
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
Castlevania :orangebell: :orangebell: :orangebell:

Sep 27, 2013 at 8:56 PM
scrungy
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
TLincoln said:
What if King is actually Knuckles being turned into a Mimiga the whole time? Considering how similar Sue and Itoh look between their human and Mimiga formes and because of Shadow's appearance in Bombchu's mod in progress.

Hm...
You may have an idea there...
(lolnope)

Oct 8, 2013 at 11:17 PM
Been here way too long...
It's not really a look-alike, but Balrog and Misery always remind of Ganju and Kuukaku Shiba, since they're always squabbling.

EDIT: Somehow, Quote reminds me of Bossun more than Ash.