Cave Story: Legacy (or something like that)

Jun 29, 2006 at 5:03 AM
Been here way too long...
"The Ultimate Sword of Extraordinary Magnitude"
Oh ye gods, another mod! D:
It takes place during the first "crowning", or whathave you, becuase I want to make up a backstory/ies for the people in that statue room.
So, in this case, the antagonist is "Halda", according to the game (correct me if I'm wrong).
I'm still learning how to script and everything else, but I'm making some progress...
I hope to put some original ORG's and Bosses into this, but I'm fairly sure I don't have anything on RuneLancer's Hack. (That is some goodness over there, it is >_<)
I don't want to give away too much of the story that I have made up yet, so I'll just leave you at this for now. I just wanted to get in on the action before this idea was done. I don't know if it has been done before, so I'm sorry if I am copying someone.
here is some screenshots to tide you by:
( this is the first stage, and It is not complete yet, so don't be surprised by the emptyness ;_; )
Standing at the Entrance
Death by Spikes(you stop before hitting them, though)
The start of a cavern
By the way, that "hand" weapon actually doesn't do anything, I used the 8th weapon slot (which had nothing, i think) to put it there, at the times you don't have a weapon.

caio~

Jun 29, 2006 at 7:00 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
It looks pretty cool, so far. The hand 'weapon' I guess is a nice little feature, since I like to walk around towns empty handed... I also like antagonist, the little cat thingy >_>. Well, good luck with scripting, and whatever everything else may be. I think this mod has potential...

Jul 6, 2006 at 5:30 AM
Been here way too long...
"The Ultimate Sword of Extraordinary Magnitude"
Is there any Mac OS X alternatives to Cave Story hacking? Becuase a complicaion has come up where I have to use a Mac, and now I feel sad becuase I can't work on my creation. ;_;
If there aren't any Mac alternatives, then progress will resume in August.