Cave Story Last Cave (Hidden) Challenge

Jan 30, 2018 at 3:18 PM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
Last edited:
Jan 30, 2018 at 9:02 PM
ZYZZ Spur is the best gun because its super cool
"All your forum are belong to us!"
thats neato but i dont like the heavy presses

I keep dying to them i want to try to do it safe but when i go under to shoot them they just crush me :balrog:

Jan 30, 2018 at 9:27 PM
Deliverer of Sweets
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
First of all it'd be nice to have a version for original cave story because not everyone owns CS+ (or even wants it).
Also is this just Last Cave 2.0 with hell timer?

Jan 30, 2018 at 10:32 PM
First of all it'd be nice to have a version for original cave story because not everyone owns CS+ (or even wants it).
Also is this just Last Cave 2.0 with hell timer?

Correct! I can give you the original cave Story. Give me 10 minutes..

Jan 31, 2018 at 2:48 PM
Jan 31, 2018 at 8:33 PM
It Really Do Be Like That Sometimes
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
I'm sorry but, putting a timer on last cave isn't really necessary. Try making your own challenge mod.

Jan 31, 2018 at 8:41 PM
War criminal
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
I'm sorry but, putting a timer on last cave isn't really necessary. Try making your own challenge mod.
Heh, try saying that to the people who made hell challenge mods before CS Wii came along.

Jan 31, 2018 at 8:42 PM
Heh, try saying that to the people who made hell challenge mods before CS Wii came along.
Fair point. I guess it is nice if you want to make a last cave speedrun.

Jan 31, 2018 at 9:54 PM
i dont like the critter at the end of the last cave in the lava
i always know its there but it still hits me every time :balrog::balrog::balrog:

:chin: <--- this is me when the critter hits me, but turn its smile upside down :(

Jan 31, 2018 at 10:28 PM
War criminal
i dont like the critter at the end of the last cave in the lava
i always know its there but it still hits me every time :balrog::balrog::balrog:

:chin: <--- this is me when the critter hits me, but turn its smile upside down :(
Use the fireball right before getting there. Gets it every time. ;)

Jan 31, 2018 at 10:43 PM
Use the fireball right before getting there. Gets it every time. ;)

can you use fireball to hit the heavy presses i like to try to hit one and then jump up to shoot the rest of the row
but what normally happens is i shoot one and i move over a little more but then splat goes me :(

Jan 31, 2018 at 11:15 PM
War criminal
can you use fireball to hit the heavy presses i like to try to hit one and then jump up to shoot the rest of the row
but what normally happens is i shoot one and i move over a little more but then splat goes me :(
Well, be glad there aren't any Heavy Presses, but that's just overkill. As for the presses, just dash through it nonstop, shooting at the critters in the way and jumping over the lava pits.

Jan 31, 2018 at 11:59 PM
Well, be glad there aren't any Heavy Presses, but that's just overkill. As for the presses, just dash through it nonstop, shooting at the critters in the way and jumping over the lava pits.
does the blade level 2 do more damage to the big red guy shooting spinning star plantation boss or the blade level 3
also does the spur do more than the blade level 2 or 3

Feb 1, 2018 at 3:40 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
The Blade Lv2's damage per second is higher the closer you are to your target and the faster you spam the attack button. If used properly the only weapon that competes with it for damage per second is the Super Missile Launcher.

The Blade Lv3 is all about splash damage. Large numbers of enemies and/or large-sized enemies (the larger bosses) are where it does well. Needless to say it isn't as effective against the Red Demon.

So the Blade Lv2 is the more powerful weapon for that fight. However button mashing at point blank is a risky business.

Last edited:
Feb 1, 2018 at 6:32 PM
Based Member
I didn't get a screenshot, but I just beat it on hard mode in one minute and 3 seconds. It's nice to see other people using Plus Porter to streamline the process of porting mods to CS+.

A couple things I might mention (at least about the CS+ version) are that when you die, and say yes to retying, you didn't make it do <CMU0000 to make the game over music stop playing, so it keeps playing up through your selection of normal vs hard mode, until the last cave music starts again. Another thing is that after you say yes to choosing hard mode, you had an extra, unnecessary <NOD that made the user need to select through that text again before beginning. Other than that, I enjoyed this.

Feb 4, 2018 at 9:22 PM
Just did a speedrun of it (50fps, Normal Mode) Fun to take a break from hell speedrunning.

Feb 4, 2018 at 10:02 PM
Last edited by a moderator:
Feb 5, 2018 at 2:41 PM
Alright! You've played Cave Story Last Cave Challenge on hard mode? If you did, I made it HARDER! Introducing Extreme hard mode on the challenge! You only have 3 health, and only a spur and bubbler as a weapon. Sounds tough right? Well, I added some secret weapons in there, so try to find them! Good luck!

EDIT: When the game starts, say no to Normal and hard mode to play the challenge.

ORIGINAL Cave Story Last Cave Challenge Extreme Download link: http://www.mediafire.com/file/b701yrui02x350t/Cave Story Last Cave Challenge - EXTREME.rar