Cave Story & Knuckles

Jun 12, 2015 at 11:26 PM
Stoned Member
"All your forum are belong to us!"
One day Knuckles woke up. He then realised he was in an indie game. He decided to destroy everything in order to get back to his wee-a-boo friends.

I don't need to post screenshots since I've already finished the thing.

Enjoy.

Knock knock it's knuckles

Jun 12, 2015 at 11:41 PM
The "C" in "college" is for "crippling debt".
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
I (think) this should be in Showcase?

In any case, I'm going to ask a completely on-topic question.

Why is Sonic so popular when most of the games in the franchise are absolutely terrible?

I mean, I think the only popular Sonic was the original 2D platformer. All of the games since (in the 3D-world) are widely hated. (e.g. Sonic 06, Sonic Boom, etc)

Jun 12, 2015 at 11:42 PM
Stoned Member
SuperJaws100 said:
I (think) this should be in Showcase?

In any case, I'm going to ask a completely on-topic question.

Why is Sonic so popular when most of the games in the franchise are absolutely terrible?

I mean, I think the only popular Sonic was the original 2D platformer. All of the games since (in the 3D-world) are widely hated. (e.g. Sonic 06, Sonic Boom, etc)
I don't know why...

SOME MODERATOR MOVE THIS PLEASE IT'S IN THE WRONG PLACE.

Jun 12, 2015 at 11:49 PM
Okay, I actually started playing it, and a few things:

1. Uh... what's with the Jack?
2. There's something wrong with your System sprites. They're weird and negative.
3. Some of the sprites overlap animations, and it looks sloppy.
4. There's no continuity. "King" calls Sue "Jack", but Kanpachi calls her Sue.
The sprites have issues. Lots of them. Some are miscolored, others are glitchy. Jack-Toroko gets bubbled and turned into normal Toroko.

Jun 12, 2015 at 11:50 PM
Been here way too long...
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
SuperJaws100 said:
All of the games since (in the 3D-world) are widely hated. (e.g. Sonic 06, Sonic Boom, etc)
Except for Sonic Adventure, Sonic Adventure 2, Sonic Heroes, Sonic Colors, Sonic Generations, Sonic and the Secret Rings, Sonic Lost World...
Have you ever played any of those games? Or any Sonic game in general?

Jun 12, 2015 at 11:54 PM
duncathan said:
Except for Sonic Adventure, Sonic Adventure 2, Sonic Heroes, Sonic Colors, Sonic Generations, Sonic and the Secret Rings, Sonic Lost World...
Have you ever played any of those games? Or any Sonic game in general?
Hmm... I haven't played those. I've only played the bad ones, and only heard of the bad ones. At least, most of my friends who have played Sonic games other than 06 and Boom said they were only okay at best.

Jun 13, 2015 at 12:19 AM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
Don't talk shit on Sonic unless you actually know what you're talking about. Stop being twelve.

@duncathan
You're stretching it a bit saying Lost World was good IMO, and most people dislike Heroes and Secret Rings. Don't get me wrong, I like them (I even like Black Knight), but many consider them bad.

Jun 13, 2015 at 1:13 AM
tem go to colleg and make u prouds!!!
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
I like heroes a lot it's pretty much the best 3D Sonic other than colors they didn't shove unnecessary game mechanics down your throat
secret rings on the other hand, is held in low regard by Sonic fans, is generally considered a bad game, got bad reviews, and I personally consider it the worst game I have ever played, let alone the worst Sonic game
I apologize for engaging in the off topic conversation.

Jun 13, 2015 at 1:19 AM
Stoned Member
Thatnamelessguy said:
I like heroes a lot it's pretty much the best 3D Sonic other than colors they didn't shove unnecessary game mechanics down your throat
secret rings on the other hand, is held in low regard by Sonic fans, is generally considered a bad game, got bad reviews, and I personally consider it the worst game I have ever played, let alone the worst Sonic game
I apologize for engaging in the off topic conversation.
I don't care, as long as you guys start talking about Knuckles after a while, I'll be fine.

Jun 13, 2015 at 1:39 AM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
I'm guessing after Mimiga Village the altered text just stops so I sorta just dropped it after the Egg Corridor.
I thought it was a little bit funny at first.
10/10 it was okay.

Jun 13, 2015 at 1:57 AM
The TideWalker
Modding Community Discord Founder
"That dog!"
SuperJaws100 said:

Because it did what no kids series has ever done before.

It had decent story telling skills, decent to excellent characters in the cast (ie mephiles, shadow, knuckles, cosmo)

You can go really fast and blast through stuff with little to no effort required.

(Like Dunc said, Sonic adventure/SA2, Shadow the hedgehog, and Sonic Generations are all great and widely accepted Sonic games)

I'm a huge Sonic fan and admit there's a ton of crap in the series, (Colours, SLW, and Boom's story and Ken pontac's cringeworthy dialouge writing to be exact) but it has a ton of stuff we love in it as well.

It's just since 2010 Sonic has been at a all time low because of the crappy story writing and the gameplay mechanics are kinda ehh. (minus generations)

Of course it's all based on opinion, but as far as I am concerned, 06, Shadow the hedgehog, and the story book series had better character dev then every game 2010-present combined.

It's just that SEGA constantly shoots themselves in the foot when they finally get momentum going. (ie story book series was great and Jason was at the peak of his voice acting career then they fired him along with everyone that wasn't Mike Pollok... And the Sonic boom fire and ice trailer announced 2 days ago)

-=-=-=-=-=-

This mod is very poorly made, the changes to the system bitmap are horrid, the header tsc file edits aren't amusing.

This is why I don't play mods anymore.

Jun 13, 2015 at 1:58 AM
"Huzzah!"
I think this mod has a mild case of a "Jack Attack"

Jun 13, 2015 at 6:22 AM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
BLink said:
It had decent story telling skills, decent to excellent characters in the cast (ie mephiles, shadow, knuckles, cosmo)
I think you and I have verrrryyy different definitions of "decent" story telling. I mean, I guess the story might be one of the better parts of that game, but that's mostly because the rest of the game is so broken and incomplete...

Jun 13, 2015 at 6:33 AM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
For everyones' sake, we should stop debating which Sonic games are good, and just accept that there a quite a few great games as well as a few bad ones. I have many Sonic loving friends, and this is basically an unwritten rule. When it comes to Sonic games, everyone forms their own opinions. I personally quite enjoy Sonic R. This is crazy by most standards, and I accept this; however, one of my friends thinks Sonic Boom (Wii U) is pretty good, and while I personally disagree with him, I hold nothing against him for liking it. At the end of the day, Sonic is Sonic, good or bad.

Jun 13, 2015 at 6:58 AM
beep boop
This is pretty much what every fandom of a series should be like. Who cares about which games you like, you like the franchise.

Jun 13, 2015 at 7:37 AM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
Bionicobot said:
This is pretty much what every fandom of a series should be like. Who cares about which games you like, you like the franchise.
Finally someone who gets it!

Jun 13, 2015 at 1:15 PM
Professional Whatever
Ok but what's wrong with discussing which games are objectively terrible

Jun 13, 2015 at 8:15 PM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
Doors said:
Ok but what's wrong with discussing which games are objectively terrible
Just make sure it's something that pretty much everyone agrees with, like Sonic 06 and Sonic Boom (Wii U).

Oct 17, 2018 at 7:13 AM
The TideWalker
Modding Community Discord Founder
"That dog!"