Cave Story: Jenka's Nightmare

Jun 19, 2008 at 10:35 AM
I WANT YEN LIN!!!
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
Yea, it's more annoying than it is hard. But it surely is way better than that monster X map-edited fight which I want to kill to the most. I challenge Roonil to do the mod up to the finished plot with 3hp, minimum items.

Jun 19, 2008 at 9:49 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I don't have the Blade. Apparently, it's in some godforsaken spot in Genesis: Sky.

Yeah, the only way I kill them is by using the Bubbler. Sounds dumb, but all the bubbles that surround me block those stupid boomerangs. But if I just get hit once, it's gone back to level 2, so I have to use Missiles and Fireball.

And I'm guessing Sue's place is the house on the right of it? Yeah, that's locked. I tried getting in there.

What pains me is that you have to fight through all those are little guys to get to the bosses everytime you die. It really is discouraging.

The farthest I ever got was down to two of them.

Jun 20, 2008 at 2:31 AM
"Huzzah!"
Zeld said:
I don't have the Blade. Apparently, it's in some godforsaken spot in Genesis: Sky.

Yeah, the only way I kill them is by using the Bubbler. Sounds dumb, but all the bubbles that surround me block those stupid boomerangs. But if I just get hit once, it's gone back to level 2, so I have to use Missiles and Fireball.

And I'm guessing Sue's place is the house on the right of it? Yeah, that's locked. I tried getting in there.

What pains me is that you have to fight through all those are little guys to get to the bosses everytime you die. It really is discouraging.

The farthest I ever got was down to two of them.
This is my tip, attempt it if you can.
Did you get the grenade? If so try and go back and talk to the gun hermit in dead end to get super missiles.
I get my missiles to level 3 and then fight. I dunno which is the first one you are supposed to hit but I think it's the one right to the left. When the fight starts SLAM that one with lv3 missiles until dead, avoid running back if you can and see if you can kill that one super quick. Then Jump to one end and SPAM fireballs and dodge whatever comes at you. Then when they get close get bubbler and use it and run to the other side, and avoid any hits so you keep it lv.3 Keep doing this with fireballs and Missiles until you kill all of them, If needed use a life pot.

There's 2 lifepots in the game, one from misery and one in that area where you found sue. There's a hidden one in one of the pipes.

Also did you get the chip from the teleporter? If not go back and get it, you will seriously want that chip for a later on upgrade.

If it makes you feel any better I had to restart the game 5 times now, 2 times to get all the upgrades, 2 times because I got stuck and glitch saved in spots I shouldn't be in, and I just now got a new computer. It took all I had to kill those guys without the blade, but It's possible. It did take a life pot though.

Jun 20, 2008 at 4:16 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I only have regular missiles. I don't have this grenade that you speak of. And I have talked to the Gun Hermit and Robot and all in the dead end, AND I have the address chip.

Yeah, I'm one of those guys that likes to save his Lift Pot until I really need it, like at the final boss.
But if you say we get two, then I'll use it on those guys.

Yeah, I always fight them with max weapons level and full 22 HP. That was actually my strategy, the one where you nail the first one with all the missiles and then spam with the Fireball & Bubbler. It's all about dodging, really, and those little spinny things don't help at all.

So, yeah, I guess I'll go play right now and try to win. Thanks for the advice.

Jun 20, 2008 at 6:41 PM
"Huzzah!"
Zeld said:
I only have regular missiles. I don't have this grenade that you speak of. And I have talked to the Gun Hermit and Robot and all in the dead end, AND I have the address chip.

Yeah, I'm one of those guys that likes to save his Lift Pot until I really need it, like at the final boss.
But if you say we get two, then I'll use it on those guys.

Yeah, I always fight them with max weapons level and full 22 HP. That was actually my strategy, the one where you nail the first one with all the missiles and then spam with the Fireball & Bubbler. It's all about dodging, really, and those little spinny things don't help at all.

So, yeah, I guess I'll go play right now and try to win. Thanks for the advice.
It's actually an explosive, you obtain it from turning off the fans before you fight pooh black in grasstown and then the fans when you begin to fall don't blow you away from the tresure box on the left side when you're falling to genesis sky.

That depends dude! You can get 2, but that depends where you get your first! If you got your first one from mysery, then yes you can get 2, but because I don't remember if you can return to the sand zone or not, I had to restart data so I don't remember right now. The 2 life pots are in these positions. 1.) Mysery, talk to her, and 2.) Remember the first boss area you went to? Not first cave, but that weird sewer place that looked weird with raging mimigas and weird giant things and dragonflys? You can get another one there, it's hidden.

Good luck, try and not to use that life pot if you can though, but it's not like I should be telling ya that. XD

Man this game seems impossible for a 3hp speed run lawl.

Jun 22, 2008 at 10:58 PM
Source Splicer, 2nd Class
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
There were two Life Pots the whole time and I didn't even know it? Though it doesn't really matter because it won't let me hold both of them in my inventory, anyway... Go figure.
skydragon.gif
They're coming for me...

Jun 30, 2008 at 2:10 PM
"Huzzah!"
To Grenade question
Yup. Hermit's in the "Dead end" area in the labyrinth. You get there by going in the "wrong" circles in the spot where your going to fight the great white critter. Also you can get a map system and give it to the robot person and he will give you a controller which you can use to find other hidden items. These items are also, at least by far, unusable until you get all 3 and then you give all 3 to the gun hermit, since he did ask for those 3 items. You can only get it if you turn off the fans stuff so the fan that is on and blows you away from the grenade is off. Cathulu gives you a tip on that saying "You gonna leave on all those fans? You're going to blow all the grass away!" or something along those lines.

Now I have a huge question. I'll spoiler it even though I don't think it's necessary.

I was told by many you can get the lipstick from Chaco still; however, I don't know how to obtain it. Can anyone assist me on this question?

Jul 1, 2008 at 10:15 AM
I WANT YEN LIN!!!
Linknight said:
I was told by many you can get the lipstick from Chaco still; however, I don't know how to obtain it. Can anyone assist me on this question?
Yea, I remember getting a lipstick in this mod too but as far as I can somehow strangely remember, it was Hasumi's Lipstick. Strangey... And then you give the lipstick to the doctor in Dead End and get something. I feel like checking the scripts now that I know how to interpret them.
And yea again, this thing ain't need no spoiler tags but w.e.

Jul 1, 2008 at 7:59 PM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
:confused: :confused: :confused: Help is needed! :confused: :confused: :confused:

I'm stuck in the area with the knife-guys (I don't know what they're called) and the mushroom guys. This area is right after the graveyard. I think It may be called Genesis: Spirit.

The only problem is that it does not seem to be the same G:S mentioned earlier.

The person in the corner says something along the lines of "You're not supposed to be here." or something like that.

The sign says "There are fungus among us." Is this a hint? Or am I at the end of the demo (ver 3.01)

The dog puzzle seems so easy compared to this!!! Any help, even minor clues would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Jul 1, 2008 at 8:16 PM
Source Splicer, 2nd Class
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
You haven't reached the end of the demo as of now.
Oblivion: Erosion is the actual end.
As for the part of Genesis: Spirit that you're in-
When you kill all of the fungus in that area, a door appears to the right on the the left tower (The one closest to you). The part inside the door is particularly tricky, though... You'll see why when you get there. It's too bad I don't remember the solution to that part, but it may still be shown in pictures a few pages back within this thread.

Jul 1, 2008 at 8:30 PM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
Thanks

I'm off to play again!

Jul 2, 2008 at 1:02 PM
graters gonna grate
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
I'm stuck on the second half of Genesis:Water. Are you supposed to go past the part in the middle with all the deathtraps? I've tried using temp invincibility from the jellyfish to get across, but I have failed every time.

Jul 2, 2008 at 1:51 PM
I WANT YEN LIN!!!
I couldn't remember much of the section in Genesis:Water, but I don't think there's any need to cross through a field of deathtraps. But I remember that you will meet Balrog again and that spot is quite near already to the next section of Genesis.(Light, I think)

Spoiler is my life in this thread

Jul 2, 2008 at 2:16 PM
graters gonna grate
Thanks, but I actually figured it out before I read your reply. I'm not sure if I did what I was supposed to, though. I had to free the large jellyfish from the box, and then use temporary invincibility multiple times from it to cross the deathtraps. Usually a need for temporary invincibility is a sign of a bug in the mod, but there didn't seem to be any other way to get past Genesis:Water.

Anyway, now I'm on to Genesis:Light. Is this where I was supposed to be after Genesis:Water? If so, I probably did do what I was supposed to and there probably is not a bug in the mod.

Jul 2, 2008 at 2:49 PM
Respwnt
wedge of cheese said:
Thanks, but I actually figured it out before I read your reply. I'm not sure if I did what I was supposed to, though. I had to free the large jellyfish from the box, and then use temporary invincibility multiple times from it to cross the deathtraps. Usually a need for temporary invincibility is a sign of a bug in the mod, but there didn't seem to be any other way to get past Genesis:Water.

Anyway, now I'm on to Genesis:Light. Is this where I was supposed to be after Genesis:Water? If so, I probably did do what I was supposed to and there probably is not a bug in the mod.
There is. Dun remember all of em but I made a post somewhere listing some.

Jul 2, 2008 at 9:36 PM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
wedge of cheese said:

Did you try killing said large jellyfish? I believe that's what would open the way forward.
Anyway, yes, that's where you should be.

Jul 3, 2008 at 4:39 AM
Hey guys, I just had this sudden thought: if going through the long way to get to Genesis was tough, then what do you think Shmitz has planned for the battle against Oblivion? o_o

Also, I read somewhere in this thread that Shmitz usually updates in June. When do you think it'll come?

Jul 3, 2008 at 9:57 AM
I WANT YEN LIN!!!
June is over.

It's over. You don't need to tell me.
I hope you're with someone who makes you feel safe...
extract from song "No Distance Left to Run wait.

Sorry, got carried out. Was getting a bit too much addicted to Blur.

Btw, I really couldn't remember any death fields whatsoever in this game. Or at least, there weren't any need for temporary invincibility. If you did need it, then you were doing it wrong :rolleyes:

JacobX891 said:
Wait I can find Balrog? Where? I never saw that square bastard in my entire playthrough!

Great, now I have to go back to Genesis a.k.a. Hell incarnate.
www.wtf.org do you mean? It sounds like you haven't been through Genesis before, but that sentence states you have? Or were you confused with the Genesis:Sky,Spirit,Earth from earlier play?

Jul 4, 2008 at 12:45 AM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
freezit4 said:
Or at least, there weren't any need for temporary invincibility. If you did need it, then you were doing it wrong :rolleyes:
In the Sand Zone, there was one life capsule that required you to use temporary invincibility to get it. I'm pretty sure that's the only time it was needed.

Jul 4, 2008 at 3:17 AM
It's a Sony
"Keep on rollin'!"
So yesterday I decided my old game was irrecoverable so I started a new one. Knowing by now most of the secrets I actually managed to FIND them this time, so I've got the blade, MG, 49HP, and all, and in two days made it over twice as far as I did in my previous runthru... in Genesis: Light right now, it's freakin' hard... got to the Genesis fight, woa wtfx0r... probably oughta head back to the Mimiga Village now that I've got the MG, tackle this later... if I can find the village... safely... Genesis: Water was annoying... I should stop using... ellipses...