Cave Story: Jenka's Nightmare

Mar 18, 2011 at 5:16 AM
/end
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
GIRakaCHEEZER said:
So does that mean it's further from the final version than the version here?

"Yes" is the response I'm expecting, and an opinion I would probably agree with.

What Lunar did is completely different from what this thread is. Sure, he took the base and added a building on it, but in the end his version is just a remake, a completely different version. What he did can be akin to someone remaking a old movie, the new movie is in a completely separate dimension with the old movie still being what it is.

The two should not be compared since they should be thought as two completely different mods each serving a different purpose and having a different story (ending).

Mar 18, 2011 at 12:46 PM
Been here way too long...
"..."
MetaSeraphim said:
What Lunar did is completely different from what this thread is. Sure, he took the base and added a building on it, but in the end his version is just a remake, a completely different version. What he did can be akin to someone remaking a old movie, the new movie is in a completely separate dimension with the old movie still being what it is.

The two should not be compared since they should be thought as two completely different mods each serving a different purpose and having a different story (ending).

Shmitz's ending? What ending is this? :p

But yes, you can certainly tell when you finish Shmitz's bit. The levels become more linear, and the dialogue becomes shallower. :(

Mar 20, 2011 at 11:39 AM
Been here way too long...
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
Should I upload a version of this that I "patched" ages ago?

Mar 22, 2011 at 4:33 PM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
I guess it shouldn't hurt.

Maaaan I forgot just how long it's been since this got updated :p

Mar 22, 2011 at 6:56 PM
Professional Whatever
I heard a post saying my part was shallower in dialogue and more linear.
If you guys so wish, I could make it less linear.
Although I thought the dialogue was pretty good. If someone wants to help, you could PM me.

Apr 26, 2011 at 1:09 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Fffuu--

Look at that post I made a month ago. xD

No, I didn't drop out. I got stuck somewhere in the Labyrinth type area after that all dog teleporter mess...Uh? Somewhere near the
dormant monster X

I had stopped because I was near exams and did'nt want to focus too much on it. :U BUT NOW...No more exams, so I think I can BUCKLE DOWN and get thru that part.

I /WAS/ going to just start the tutorial with my memory but voted against it. >_o

Apr 26, 2011 at 2:39 AM
Professional Whatever
Is that a convoluted way of saying you need help?

Aug 7, 2011 at 9:08 PM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
Can someone help me? I am really stuck in here. I got the blade from some place that is called Genesis. I am know in the place just before you go into the Sandzone. I don't know what to do because if i use the teleporter i am stuck in a wall in the beginning of the Sand Zone. Can someone help me?

Aug 8, 2011 at 1:12 AM
Professional Whatever
Odd, it's supposed to be impossible to get the blade before getting where you are. The fact that the teleporter is messed up is strange. Try restarting the game and play without getting the blade first.
Oh hey, it's the original JN thread. In the future, please put any questions or suggestions in the "Jenka's Nightmare Revived" thread.
If you want to talk about the original JN made by shmitz, this should be the thread to be in.
You are playing JN Revived, aren't you?

Aug 9, 2011 at 1:36 AM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
No, i am playing the original ported by Andwhyisit. If I start playing everything over again then I am pretty much screwed. I am not going to play everything again. Too much work for me. I think its pretty much game over for me.

Aug 9, 2011 at 4:27 AM
Professional Whatever
Wut. Play JN EASY if you can't do everything again. You don't have to miss out.
Andwhy ported it?

Aug 9, 2011 at 6:43 AM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
LunarSoul said:
Andwhy ported it?

But it sounds like he wants to play the original Jenka's Nightmare, not JN *revived*.

Aug 9, 2011 at 6:37 PM
LunarSoul said:
Andwhy ported it?

Yes, I am playing the PSP version. I CAN do everything again, but I don't want to put so much time in it. (again)

Aug 9, 2011 at 11:56 PM
Professional Whatever
Ah, now I'm caught up.
Sorry, there's not much I can do for ya then.
And we all know shmitz'll be a big help. ><