Cave Story: Jenka's Nightmare

Oct 2, 2008 at 8:10 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Has anyone got to the Toroko Soul boss battle in Genesis: Spirit from the Graveyard? I am still trying to get past the flame maze.

Oct 3, 2008 at 3:46 AM
Okay
"The Ultimate Sword of Extraordinary Magnitude"
DoubleThink said:
It was late okay :D
Nice to see that you're taking the effort to keep an eye on these things though.
Yes thank you DoubleThink, I keep read the threads and the posts especially the interesting ones.
Keep posting! and see you in #Doukutsu again :confused:

Oct 5, 2008 at 6:53 AM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
King299 said:
Has anyone got to the Toroko Soul boss battle in Genesis: Spirit from the Graveyard? I am still trying to get past the flame maze.

Look earlier in this forum if you are totally stumped. The answer is there.

Don't worry. The answer is not super easy. There were others like you.

Oct 8, 2008 at 1:58 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Oh hi everyone, don't know if these glitches have been posted yet, but I might as well just to make sure...

1) In the Chimney, there is a slope that if climbed too far, will cause Quote to glitch though the wall and get stuck, forcing the player to exit out of the game.

2) In the Destruction area above Chimney, there is a door in the lower right area that, if entered, will cause the player to end up in the original area of the game, connecting to the Outer Wall, Egg chamber 00, and the Egg chamber? (when the dragons hatched). The clock room is also in this area, but players would need to have some insane speed to get here in time to open the chest.

I love the game, and hope to see it finished sometime!

So far, the game seems 100% possible to do with only 3hp. If you think the Chimney requires you to get hit, go do the Genesis: Spirit first, and you'll receive your answer.

Also, the flame maze was easy once I figured out what was going on there, but the only part in the game that gave me the most frustration was the Gaudi Amigos, mostly because of how you can only kill one at a time, and if he's sitting on top of his buddies, you can't kill any of them.

Oct 8, 2008 at 3:38 AM
It's a Sony
"Keep on rollin'!"
Hmm? Time with the clock room? So far as I'm aware nothing in Cave Story is timed like that; all that matters for opening the chest is getting there on the good ending track. The scripting method is just not built with any sort of timer in it, and the chest appears to be a normal event to me.

Never noticed that slope thing in the Chimney, could you get a screenshot?

And Oblivion: Erosion is not finished. It's mostly a test area. It's where this version of the mod ends.

Oct 8, 2008 at 5:26 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
I beat Toroko Soul (Which was very easy) and got the Nemesis and Machine Gun, and I noticed the song that plays in Genesis:Spirit is actually Bad Beholders theme in the Big Switcharoo.

Oct 8, 2008 at 3:26 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Lyger said:
Hmm? Time with the clock room? So far as I'm aware nothing in Cave Story is timed like that; all that matters for opening the chest is getting there on the good ending track. The scripting method is just not built with any sort of timer in it, and the chest appears to be a normal event to me.
I'm talking about the chest where you find the stopwatch, which is only used if you go into the final area in the normal game. Speed runners get it so they can gloat about how fast they can run that final part of the game.

Lyger said:
Never noticed that slope thing in the Chimney, could you get a screenshot?
p4855-0-jnpreglitch.jpg

This area, standing right there is fine, but if you want one square to the right, you can't go back, and the only thing you can do it jump, which ends with you here:
p4855-1-jnpostglitch.jpg

The only thing you can do now is restart the game from the last save point.

Oh yeah, going back to play reminded me of another glitch. The Genesis Teleporter is glitched, where every time you try to use it, it gives you the address chip if you don't have it already, or if you've already given the chip to Sue.

Anyways... the only area that I haven't done yet would be the egg corridor, mostly because I'm stuck at the door at the end. I'm going to go ponder on how to open it now. :cool:

Oct 8, 2008 at 8:20 PM
It's a Sony
"Keep on rollin'!"
NThief said:
I'm talking about the chest where you find the stopwatch, which is only used if you go into the final area in the normal game. Speed runners get it so they can gloat about how fast they can run that final part of the game.
Yes, I know what you're talking about. But you said "get there in time to open the chest." There is no "get there in time." You could spend ten hours playing up to the Outer Wall, and so long as you save Booster and Curly, you can get the counter.

Oct 12, 2008 at 3:18 AM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
Is this dead? Please say no, but hardly anyone posts here anymore, and I haven't heard of any updates, so I just figured...

Oct 12, 2008 at 9:49 AM
Justin-chan
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
It probably is.

Shmitz doesn't exactly come here anymore to post. :/

Oct 14, 2008 at 5:45 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
When is the full version coming out?

Oct 14, 2008 at 11:58 AM
Justin-chan
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
Everyone totally knows when it's coming out because Shmitz totally still posts here actively and informs us of the final version's release date! amirite?

Oct 14, 2008 at 1:48 PM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
If I remember rightly there was a very big gap between the first and second updates as well. Of course, the forums also moved much more slowly back then so a year or two wasn't that long relatively. Personally I wouldn't think there was any point in doing as much work as he has done on this mod and then stopping.
I wish people would stop asking if it's dead or going to be finished though, I'm not exaggerating when I say I've answered that at least 5 times in this thread already. You guys are just going to have to wait, it's as simple as that :|

Oct 15, 2008 at 3:48 AM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
What do i do in Genesis: Earth? there's a white door but all it does is get quote sad inside some wall in the sand zone.

Oct 15, 2008 at 2:21 PM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
Erm... is it your first time through there or your second? If it's your second you're stuck because you aren't meant to be there. If it's your first... I thought it was fixed or something :|

Oct 15, 2008 at 5:17 PM
first, but i've killed genesis via the water route.

Oct 16, 2008 at 5:05 AM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
Oh right, that place. Erm... sorry, but if you save there after releasing Balrog you're stuck, unless you edit the game yourself. No, it's not meant to happen, but stuff hasn't been fixed yet <_<

Oct 16, 2008 at 1:05 PM
Haven't found balrog yet...
I searched the sand zone, but i couldn't find him!

Oct 20, 2008 at 3:31 AM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
He's not in the Sand Zone...

He's somewhere after Genesis: Water.

I haven't played it for a while so I kinda' forget where he is exactly.