Cave Story: Jenka's Nightmare

Aug 11, 2008 at 10:55 AM
Justin-chan
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
Shmitz has stated that he is going to finish it at some point and I'm not going to explain this another time. If everybody is so eager for it to be abandoned then it can bloody well be abandoned.
Maybe get SP to edit the first post and add this in?

Aug 11, 2008 at 12:52 PM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Don't think anybody actually bothers to read the first post, seeing as every other question is OH NOES I'M STUCK IN OBLIVION HOW DOES I FINISH IT, but eh. I don't wanna put words in Shmitz's mouth but he did tell me that he intended to finish it and he hasn't really stated otherwise. The only way to know the level of progress would be if somebody email'd him, asking in this thread won't do any good if he obviously isn't here to answer people's queries and nobody else knows for certain. Still, I think we could afford to wait a while longer before we start panicking or anything. Woo~

Aug 30, 2008 at 2:12 AM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
So...
It's almost September. Any news/progress on the game?
:rolleyes:

Aug 30, 2008 at 9:27 AM
Justin-chan
The Mighty said:
So...
:rolleyes:
If there were any, it would have been posted.

Aug 30, 2008 at 12:52 PM
Luls
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
The Mighty said:
So...
:p

And I came here hopping that at least some progress has been made but nooOOOoooo. Some guy just likes to bump threads!

Aug 30, 2008 at 1:14 PM
Justin-chan
And I came here hopping that at least some progress has been made but nooOOOoooo. Some guy just likes to bump threads!
Reminds you of your past, doesn't it?

Aug 30, 2008 at 7:31 PM
Luls
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
jcys810 said:
Reminds you of your past, doesn't it?

Lol.

I was new to forums that time. This is the very first forum that I've actually participated in xD.

Sep 6, 2008 at 2:32 AM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
Probably the bet CS mod i've ever played, way better than anything I'm capable of. But in he beginning, your asking a lot when I only have a Polar Star.
Also, I've gone back and battled Toroko like 3 times, plus got the Nemesis equal times, you might want to fix that.
Also, the Genesis telporter spawns =Address Chips= everytime you check it.
Does that mean it's not save safe to use? But anyway, I really look forward to future updates.
One question that really bugs me though is: Why are you sent to the past after Oblivion? Is there some importance to that? Or was that a lack of effort?

Edit- It's been ten days since this post, is this thread dead? Or even worse...the game? :p

Sep 24, 2008 at 8:26 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Duh I hoped for a patch, but nothing there. ;d

Soooo... anyone knows a worth playing mod? I need something new. ;D

Sep 28, 2008 at 3:36 PM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
The maker of the game isn't a regular and like I have said (many times >_>) is not around currently. The next update will most likely be the last one, but it will come in terms of months, or possibly even years. Just wait, there are heaps of other mods to play in the meantime.
...Which you could easily find in the Mods forum >_> Although I will admit it's a bit of a mess.
Project for the Tribute Site Update, maybe?

Sep 30, 2008 at 11:11 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Bad Beholder should do a mod of this game with him in it (With the extra text he says), like he did with the first Cave Story.

Oct 1, 2008 at 12:48 AM
Okay
"The Ultimate Sword of Extraordinary Magnitude"
DoubleThink said:
The maker of the game isn't a regular and like I have said (many times >_>) is not around currently. ..........
Project for the Tribute Site Update, maybe?
game? GAME? GAME?!?!?

Shmitz, the one who made this mod is still around on the net and you can even see his new posts in The Cave Story Journal. Here:
http://community.livejournal.com/doukutsu
Shmitz has a blog web page on Live Journal (on that web site too) which he write and fill in his diaries. I think it is interesting. He said before that his father died and I got sad that time. Here:
http://shmitz.livejournal.com/

It seems that Shmitz is still interested with Cave Story but only with Fan Art. Maybe if we feed back him then I say maybe.... He continue modding!

EDIT: http://www.horizonscape.com/portfolio//?action=game-design
It leads you directly to his stuff including his mod too!

Oct 1, 2008 at 6:59 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
I can't get past the Gauskitiers, they have four seperate life bars and they fire too many projectiles.

Oct 1, 2008 at 12:55 PM
Justin-chan
game? GAME? GAME?!?!?
A mod can be classified as a game. :/
Bad Beholder should do a mod of this game with him in it (With the extra text he says), like he did with the first Cave Story.
He needs Shmitz permission before he can do so.
I can't get past the Gauskitiers, they have four seperate life bars and they fire too many projectiles.
You'll get used to it.

Oct 1, 2008 at 6:44 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
It isn't working, I run out of missiles before I kill the last two, and the blades they throw keep ricocheting off walls and the ceiling and hit me, leveling down my Bubbler and doing alot of damage.

Oct 1, 2008 at 9:02 PM
It's a Sony
"Keep on rollin'!"
Spam the Blade.

Unless you missed it.

Oct 1, 2008 at 11:14 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
I missed it and the Fireball.

Oct 2, 2008 at 5:40 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Nevermind, I played it again and got the Blade and killed the Gauditeers, I am now in the waterway and have no clue what to do. (I activated the 3 controls, but it didn't seem to do anything)

Oct 2, 2008 at 12:21 PM
Justin-chan
Please, use the Edit button instead of making a new post each time no one replies. Unless you have something important to add, not your gameplay progress. :/

It's been a long time since I last played it so I can't really help you.