Cave Story: Jenka's Nightmare

Jul 22, 2008 at 4:08 PM
It's a Sony
"Keep on rollin'!"
I suppose you went through Genesis: Water, from the Reservoir, right?

You meet Balrog and Toroko if you go to Genesis via the Graveyard. It's a bit confusing and I despise the fire puzzle, but...

Just fight Genesis, you can chat with Balrog later.

Genesis was also a rather easy fight, despite all the blocks. o_O

Jul 23, 2008 at 7:04 AM
Source Splicer, 2nd Class
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
Have you tried defeating Genesis without taking any damage? I wonder if it's worth anything if someone can pull it off?

I came close to doing so once, but I got hit at the very end as I was blade spamming while Genesis was retreating back into the wall...

Jul 23, 2008 at 10:50 AM
I WANT YEN LIN!!!
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
jcys810 said:
You know nothing. Thats why you had to ask.
I said I knew how to MYSELF. By curiosity, wanting to know what's in that far side.

Genesis wasn't that hard, but I think playing perfect against her is not a nice thing to try, since she likes appearing from where there is no clue.(and is she a she?)

Jul 23, 2008 at 1:26 PM
graters gonna grate
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
Yeah, it would be really nice if Schmitz followed through on the idea of making the blade available after the spot in Genesis:Sky where you may or may not get it, because I missed it there and Genesis is disgustingly difficult without it.

And BTW, yes Genesis is a she, because of what the Cthulhu in Genesis:Sky said: "She must really believe in you, soldier. Genesis usually isn't this predictable."

Jul 23, 2008 at 5:07 PM
I WANT YEN LIN!!!
So that's how I got that..... I think I fought her using MG (and was kinda fun, but not when it delevels)

Jul 25, 2008 at 10:01 AM
"Huzzah!"
ok ill spek in plane english after i get the blade and get taken to genesis earth the door in genesis takes me to the sand zone but im stuck in the wall what happend?

Jul 25, 2008 at 11:29 AM
I WANT YEN LIN!!!
Hmm this is probably a glitch and I think it has been mentioned earlier. Just search(manually, 53 pages aint that far) through this thread.

Jul 25, 2008 at 11:56 AM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Depends where you got the blade.
If you got to Genesis: Spirit by going through the Chimney (I think...) then that's because that part isn't completed yet (ergo: you aren't meant to be there) and from memory he coded the Sand Zone to seal off after you enter it the first time which is why you're stuck now.
However if you got to Spirit after your first trip through Genesis: Sky, then yeah, this is a bug.

Jul 25, 2008 at 3:54 PM
I WANT YEN LIN!!!
Wait Odin are you talking about getting stuck in the sand or getting stuck because you visited the Sand Zone via Sky for the second time?

Jul 25, 2008 at 5:40 PM
It's a Sony
"Keep on rollin'!"
JacobX891 said:
I don't know how people missed the blade, I still haven't found the path to avoid it =/
There's a hidden door that appears on a platform close to the entrance to Spirit where the blade is, which takes you directly to Genesis: Earth and is a bit easier to get at if you're bad at jumping and timing on the moving blocks.

Jul 26, 2008 at 5:42 AM
I WANT YEN LIN!!!
An example of when you can compliment someone for failing.

But how do you really use that moving block? I always get hurt by that eggy things when I use it.

Jul 26, 2008 at 5:57 AM
"Huzzah!"
freezit4 said:
Wait Odin are you talking about getting stuck in the sand or getting stuck because you visited the Sand Zone via Sky for the second time?
when i go to the sand zone from genesis earth im stuck in a wall and cant move its a bit weiird acctually should i start again

Jul 26, 2008 at 6:15 AM
It's a Sony
"Keep on rollin'!"
Hack your way back to the Mimiga Village. Oblivion doesn't take you anywhere you can escape. I mean, at ALL.

Jul 26, 2008 at 3:38 PM
I WANT YEN LIN!!!
[offense]By the sound of it, it's impossible for him. Somebody just donate him with a profile.dat[/offense]

Jul 26, 2008 at 3:40 PM
It's a Sony
"Keep on rollin'!"
But we'd need to know a good deal of things... like have you beat Genesis, how much max HP do you have, what weapons do you have, what Booster do you have, have you rescued Balrog, etc...

Jul 26, 2008 at 3:45 PM
I WANT YEN LIN!!!
[offense=2]By the sound of it, he haven't beaten Genesis[/offense]

I think you need to explain more of your situation, Odin-kouhai. And please ignore my flamy or trolly lines to have a peace of mind.

Jul 26, 2008 at 8:22 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I need help to finish Sand Zone, i just beated Deconstructor, and i saw in youtube someone get to new area after that boss when he went "mimiga" areas teleport, when it doesnt get me there, so i need help how to get there.

Jul 26, 2008 at 9:46 PM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
Allehelgens said:
I need help to finish Sand Zone, i just beated Deconstructor, and i saw in youtube someone get to new area after that boss when he went "mimiga" areas teleport, when it doesnt get me there, so i need help how to get there.
Feed the 'Red flower' dog until the teleporter next to him/her takes you to the 'Gaudi' teleporter; also, feed the 'Gaudi' dog until the teleporter next to him/her takes you to the 'Red flower' teleporter. :(
Jacobx891 said:
Learn better grammar and maybe I will help you.
I fixed it for you :)

Jul 27, 2008 at 7:57 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Thank you Orangedawg, im in labyrinth now. :(