Cave Story: Jenka's Nightmare

Apr 27, 2008 at 11:28 AM
"Huzzah!"
Jacob here's a vague hint
Your booster isn't all that's needed. There is something else that can move you higher up. What that is you need to learn on your own.
Unless you wanna spoiler which is right here.

Level 3 machine gun pointed down while shooting pushes you upward. You use that which you get by trading your bubbler to that one guy...I forgot his name but he's that square robot from the first game that was a boss a couple times.

On a side note
Please destroy that posts mods
Thank ya.

Apr 27, 2008 at 3:09 PM
Luls
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
yay it be teh gone~

Apr 28, 2008 at 10:59 AM
I WANT YEN LIN!!!
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
Linknight said:
I forgot his name but he's that square robot from the first game that was a boss a couple times.

You forgot his name??? You don't know the brand of the mighty toaster???? You don't know the word BLARGO!!!??? Better be ready for a world war unless you take back your line. nah just kidding, but that guy who asked is that suitcase's fan too you know

And btw, I don't think the chimney is undoable without Lvl 3 MG, you just need teh 1337 skillzes dood. I think I would be able to do it if I am Chad or Crocz or thatworldHellspeedrunrecordholderfromJapan or whateva.

And I hate those guys with little hp but deal memorable damage to us when we hit them or their f*-ing arrows

Yay first spoiler code :p

Apr 28, 2008 at 6:20 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Billy MT said:
>_>;

Check the statue (press down), and a walkway will appear. Follow it, then jump in the moving block. Jump back into the statue, and wait for the block to hit a wall and come back. Ride it now, and dodge a plataform that'll appear when you get close to the new doorway

Well that makes things a hell of a lot easier!
The way I did involved timing it right so that the moving block that goes by the life container didn't get stuck between blocks, and then jumping over the floating-spinning enemy, running past the door, and jumping down onto the block.

Took me infinity tries but I did it.

May 22, 2008 at 4:15 PM
"Huzzah!"
freezit4 said:
You forgot his name??? You don't know the brand of the mighty toaster???? You don't know the word BLARGO!!!??? Better be ready for a world war unless you take back your line. nah just kidding, but that guy who asked is that suitcase's fan too you know

And btw, I don't think the chimney is undoable without Lvl 3 MG, you just need teh 1337 skillzes dood. I think I would be able to do it if I am Chad or Crocz or thatworldHellspeedrunrecordholderfromJapan or whateva.

And I hate those guys with little hp but deal memorable damage to us when we hit them or their f*-ing arrows

Yay first spoiler code :D
I agree, They make it really annoying. They made it annoying just as bad as they made hell annoying in Cave story 1. T_T (Also I called it cave story 1 because this mod is so good I consider it cave story 2 XD) Also It may be possible but you probably need to take a hit or 42. In fact take that back because I seriously believe that there is almost no way to do it without the machiene gun....sad though that you give the bubbler up for it....THATS MY FAVORITE WEAPON T_T but whatever I guess floating when shooting down on level 3 is just as good. Also.....you're incorrect about what Balrog. Mr. Huzzah isn't a toaster or a suitcase. He's a Toastercase. Much like how critters are Raging Pandacoons (panda/raccoon) and how mushrooms are mushuffins (mushroom/muffin) and how jellyfish are metrellyfish. (metroid/jellyfish) Yeah....this what you get when you have yourself and a friend who have to much time on their hands.

LONG LIVE THE TOASTERCASE!

Jun 6, 2008 at 1:27 AM
"Huzzah!"
I got a question.
It reveals some plot and weaponry stuff so I'll spoiler it.
Say if you skip the snake because you know that you will fall and lose it. Will your game glitch when you have to many weapons? Say if I skip getting the fireball, would that would just as well? I'm just curious though that if I get the snake and get every item along the way, sword and fireball and stuff, will the game glitch seeing as I'm carrying to many items? I guess my main question here is: I saved the game before I can get the fireball, and I have the snake waiting in the "Familiar cave?" room, because I never got it or any other power-ups that include the snake increasement, and so should I NOT get the fireball for it will glitch my game if I do, or should I get it because it WON'T glitch my game up.

Jun 6, 2008 at 3:35 AM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
Linknight said:
I got a question.
It reveals some plot and weaponry stuff so I'll spoiler it.
Say if you skip the snake because you know that you will fall and lose it. Will your game glitch when you have to many weapons? Say if I skip getting the fireball, would that would just as well? I'm just curious though that if I get the snake and get every item along the way, sword and fireball and stuff, will the game glitch seeing as I'm carrying to many items? I guess my main question here is: I saved the game before I can get the fireball, and I have the snake waiting in the "Familiar cave?" room, because I never got it or any other power-ups that include the snake increasement, and so should I NOT get the fireball for it will glitch my game if I do, or should I get it because it WON'T glitch my game up.

What exactly are you trying to say?

Jun 6, 2008 at 7:59 AM
Respwnt
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
Fuzz said:
What exactly are you trying to say?
Carrying too many weapons at a time can glitch the game as mutch as I know. He means skipping some weapons early on so that you never lose them, and then collect them again when you return.

Jun 6, 2008 at 8:05 AM
Justin-chan
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
Duplicate the data and try.

Jun 6, 2008 at 3:15 PM
I WANT YEN LIN!!!
What gave you the idea that carrying too mutch will glitch the game?

zeldafan(last post before bump) said:
Also It may be possible but you probably need to take a hit or 42.
Just a guess, are you too a fan of hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy?

Jun 6, 2008 at 3:49 PM
I WANT YEN LIN!!!
I dunno, but 42 and 21(ES!) seems too much frequently used in daily life nowadays.. I know they could just seem to stand out as they are too familiar to me, and I couldn't think of any instances right now, but still..... there's something about these two numbers. Like, 42/2=21 and that's suspicous to me......

Jun 16, 2008 at 11:37 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Now, I must admit I only made this account as a way to communicate to yo all because I'm stuck in this game. I'm in the maze (I can't spell the actual name of it, so forget that) and I know I have to get Critter Juice and do some goddamn loop thing with the doors, but hell, I'm clueless. Would anyone like to spoiler tag a hint or anything for me?

And on a side-note unrelated to the game, my profile won't let me choose an avatar. It keeps auto-selecting the "Don't use an avatar" option.

Jun 16, 2008 at 11:57 PM
Starbound sucked sadly
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Zeld said:
And on a side-note unrelated to the game, my profile won't let me choose an avatar. It keeps auto-selecting the "Don't use an avatar" option.

First of all you need to be a member for a week, and have a post count of 10 for a avatar

Next
This is bad information but (i played this like a year ago) You just need to keep trying the doors in different combinations, yes its hard, but you will finally get it after awhile,....i remember it took me like 20-30 mins of just checking the doors

Sorry for the bad explaination, maybe if i had your save i could do it

Jun 17, 2008 at 12:19 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
xristosx said:
First of all you need to be a member for a week, and have a post count of 10 for a avatar

Next
This is bad information but (i played this like a year ago) You just need to keep trying the doors in different combinations, yes its hard, but you will finally get it after awhile,....i remember it took me like 20-30 mins of just checking the doors

Sorry for the bad explaination, maybe if i had your save i could do it

I guess I just have to do what I did with the puppy teleports.

In other words, randomly screwing around and praying something happens.

And what doors do you mean specifically? I mean, right now my save is in the Store and I'm debating whether to brave the crushing stones of death to get back to those doors that're side-by-side.

Basically, what I'm asking is do I need to check the doors that are near the very beginning of the maze, or the end?

Also, that's kind of odd how you have to have at least 10 posts and be here for a week. Is it some kind of system that signals out the new guys and the veterans? Oh well, I'll probably be posting in this thread for at least a week, because I'm usually very confuzzled.

Jun 17, 2008 at 6:41 PM
Novice Member
"Officially Worth 1 Rupee"
If you keep going you'll eventually come to a room that has three doors, upper left, upper right, lower right. The two upper doors will loop. I don't remember the order but eventually you'll go to another large area which loops back to the upper right and a Cthulu will show up under the upper left door. When he does go in the lower right door to get out.

Jun 18, 2008 at 12:07 AM
Starbound sucked sadly
Zeld said:
Also, that's kind of odd how you have to have at least 10 posts and be here for a week. Is it some kind of system that signals out the new guys and the veterans? Oh well, I'll probably be posting in this thread for at least a week, because I'm usually very confuzzled.

The systems there to prevent people from joining coming for like 1 post and then leaving, wasting space on the gameflaws server with their avatar picture and such.

Jun 18, 2008 at 12:23 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Ah, I get it. It's a way to prevent unnecessary bandwidth rape. Interesting.

Anyway, I did what you said. It was insanely easy after you found out the red markings. I stumbled upon the room with the robot and hermit gunsmith by luck, and I'm glad I did. Now, I just hope I remember how to get back there...

Anyway, I haven't gotten to these "Gaudi-teers" or whatever the hell they're called. I saved just at Maze A, or whatever, and I already know where Maze C is.

Anyway, does anyone know a website or anything where the makers of this game have any information on when a sequel will come out?

And thanks for all the help, xristox.

Jun 18, 2008 at 4:16 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
WOW. Sorry for the double post, by the way.

Those red bastards are IMPOSSIBLE. The platforms they come on disappear, leaving only two at the top that have spikes on them, and they're BIG. Gaaah.... this is going to take awhile.

Ok, come on! Separate health bars?! It's hard enough getting to them with full EXP and HP, but seriously!

Jun 18, 2008 at 5:06 PM
/end
It helps alot if you have the level 2 sword. But yeah they're hard, it took me about 5-10 tries before I beat them.