Cave Story+ Humble Indie Bundle

Dec 18, 2011 at 10:52 PM
Banned
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
Yes, if you go to their link they will give you a redeemable steam key, and you can go on steam and click add new game, then activate product.

Dec 19, 2011 at 4:21 AM
Indie game enthusiast
"What is a man!? A miserable pile of secrets! But enough talk, have at you!"
But, you don't HAVE to use Steam with the humble bundle, you can download them like any other program, save em to your PC and play it that way too.

Dec 19, 2011 at 8:33 AM
Pirate Member
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
GIRakaCHEEZER said:
You pirated the whole bundle just to not support Nicalis? You're hurting other developers as well if you're doing that. You can basically buy the bundle for free anyways, so you're not really doing much.
I only pirated CS+. I recieved the rest of the bundle from a friend.

Dunc2403 said:
I don't quite think you guys understand the point of this. If you buy this, you dont have to give anything to the developers. You can give it all to charity, even! That would be like supporting charity and getting video games in return! Why would you not want to buy this? If you can afford a computer, you can afford to give around 6-7 dollars to charity. Pirating it is like stealing from children. (Which it is, by the way.) Also, I don't see why people don't want to support Nicalis. They are a respectable company, and they have done nothing wrong that I am aware of.

I have different information. I would've felt bad cutting out the rest of the devs just to not-pay nicalis though, not that I could donate at the time anyway.

re: the whole "nicalis ripped off mods" miniconvo in the actual CS+ thread, later that day I got info from a source i consider beyond doubt in favor of nicalis having ripped off the mods, so yeah.

Dec 19, 2011 at 9:13 AM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Malpercio said:
re: the whole "nicalis ripped off mods" miniconvo in the actual CS+ thread, later that day I got info from a source i consider beyond doubt in favor of nicalis having ripped off the mods, so yeah.

Seriousface did send in his mod to them though, this was confirmed (and I heard it from seriousface myself). There was no evidence for the other mods (wind fortress and nemesis challenge and sanctuary attack) so I can't see what you're talking about.

Dec 19, 2011 at 4:25 PM
Been here way too long...
Malpercio said:
I have different information. I would've felt bad cutting out the rest of the devs just to not-pay nicalis though, not that I could donate at the time anyway.

So you don't want to pay Nicalis for making a game that you want to play, even though it is actually easier to buy than it is to pirate.
Fuck you, I guess.

Dec 19, 2011 at 6:07 PM
Indie game enthusiast
GIRakaCHEEZER said:
Seriousface did send in his mod to them though, this was confirmed (and I heard it from seriousface myself). There was no evidence for the other mods (wind fortress and nemesis challenge and sanctuary attack) so I can't see what you're talking about.

I asked Tyrone during beta testing about Wind Fortress... He said Pixel himself designed it :D In case anyone has any doubts...

As for Nemesis Challenge, I didn't ask, but I would imagine it was as well?

Dec 19, 2011 at 10:34 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
X-Calibar said:
I asked Tyrone during beta testing about Wind Fortress... He said Pixel himself designed it :D In case anyone has any doubts...

As for Nemesis Challenge, I didn't ask, but I would imagine it was as well?

I created the Nemesis Challenge, as well as the Sanctuary Time Attack, so I can confirm those are legit.

Dec 19, 2011 at 10:56 PM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
Shmitz said:
I created the Nemesis Challenge, as well as the Sanctuary Time Attack, so I can confirm those are legit.

So YOU'RE the one to blame for the Nemesis Challenge being ridiculously hard near the end. Not that I didn't enjoy the difficulty...
Does that also mean you're to blame for not giving the player the lifepot or the super missiles in Sanctuary Time Attack? Nicalis didn't adjust the times for achievements at all and just based them on normal speedruns.

Dec 19, 2011 at 11:13 PM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
andwhyisit said:
I think this calls for a new user title.

Already done.

Better user title:

Banned

Dec 20, 2011 at 12:35 AM
Offensive User
So I got this Humble Indie Bundle today. After looking at the HIB version of CS+ and its remastered, I decided to import the save file from the Steam version, and I just noticed something extra.

In the Steam version of CS+, the times for the Sanctuary are actually saved in the save file, with one time in the original Story mode and another for Curly Mode. Unfortunately, the times do not appear on the screen.

In the HIB version, the times are actually displayed on the screen, and I found that a bit nifty.
The remastered music for Wind Fortress sounds like something k-wix made a while back, and I think that it almost sounds like Ice Wind Fortress that was made for the Bonus disk of the Cave Story Remix Project (if not exactly the same).

Also, if you play Wind Fortress with the new WiiWare music, no music will play at all.

Speaking Wind Fortress glitches, the Wind Fortress timer glitch is still in this version. Sorry :(

The added .mp3 music includes the music from the WiiWare version, include some other ones that I have never heard of, such as "credit wii," "Ika," and "jenka1b." I dislikes that the music was not looped, and that it did not include the remastered tracks of the Humble Indie Bundle version.

Other than that, the only game that I have played from the bundle so far was Jamestown, which is absolutely worth playing. :D It seems like a good fun idea to me to play a TouHou-style schmup with two or more (unexperienced) players.

Also, Shmitz, thank you for making the Nemesis challenge. When I first saw the appearing structures, I immediately thought "Jenka's Nightmare" (which you also made!). Also, it was a relief to have something difficult to beat after Wind Fortress.
Lastly, @X-Calibar: http://www.horizonscape.com/portfolio//?action=cs-modes for extra proof

Dec 20, 2011 at 4:47 AM
Indie game enthusiast
Well done Shmitz. You made the right choices in 2006 and up :D

Dec 20, 2011 at 8:13 PM
Offensive User
So the games and their soundtracks from the Humble Indie Bundle 3 have been added for those who got the Humble Indie Bundle 4 (and payed more than the average price) today.
Well, I'm psyched.

Dec 22, 2011 at 8:15 PM
Indie game enthusiast
Just so you know... the Steam version of Cave Story+ is now updated with the latest version, including the remastered music and stuff~

Dec 24, 2011 at 12:38 AM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
X-Calibar said:
Just so you know... the Steam version of Cave Story+ is now updated with the latest version, including the remastered music and stuff~

How do you like it?

Dec 24, 2011 at 1:41 AM
daughter of chivalry
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
What else would he be talking about?

Dec 24, 2011 at 5:05 AM
Indie game enthusiast
tyrone said:
How do you like it?

I don't like it...
:heart: I Loooooove it xD

Adding the remastered music was a major bonus...
This new version is currently my favorite. I'm pausing throughout the game so I can just enjoy the remastered goodness, while Quote puts on a little dance...

The only thing we need now, is a RANDOM mode; so each song is chosen randomly from Original/Remastered/Wii ... Er... well maybe not lol

ALSO there's another major bonus in the new version; and I don't know if I've been in the dark about it; and it's been around a long time; or if this is a big surprise :DDDDDDD

IN ANY CASE! It's AWESOME! You know what I'm talking about ;D
I need to PM you something about it though!

Dec 24, 2011 at 5:21 AM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
X-Calibar said:
I don't like it...

This new version is currently my favorite. I'm pausing throughout the game so I can just enjoy the remastered goodness, while Quote puts on a little dance...

The only thing we need now, is a RANDOM mode; so each song is chosen randomly from Original/Remastered/Wii ... Er... well maybe not lol

ALSO there's another major bonus in the new version; and I don't know if I've been in the dark about it; and it's been around a long time; or if this is a big surprise :DDDDDDD

Hmm... updating now. I'm going to have to snoop around a bit for this...

Also, the update is fairly large. Is the music really that high-quality?

Dec 24, 2011 at 5:23 AM
Been here way too long...
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
X-Calibar said:
I don't like it...

Quoted because there's nothing left to say.