Cave Story: Hell's Bells Ring Until Dawn (WORKING WITH IDEAS STILL)

Mar 25, 2013 at 2:34 PM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
Hello. I am currently working on a new mod, at the same time as Save Ctory (I have loads of free time). Currently, it's title will be 'Cave Story: Hell's Bells Ring Until Dawn'. This takes place many years after the 3rd ending. Here's how it's all gonna go out (so far):

"Many years after Quote, Curly, and Balrog left to live in peace, all 3 of them are still living in peace. After all this time, Quote and Curly worked together to reverse engineer HALF of each of their appearance, and with the help of Balrog's (slight) knowledge, they made a prototype child. They named him Comma. They taught Comma all about life, and who he was. However, like his (technical) father, he barely spoke. Then, all 4 of them lived in peace, in a safe area. Then, 3 years after Comma's creation, something really bad happened. Balrog suddenly remembers what Misery told him while they were still under the doctor's commands. She said that whoever kills Ballos, and has/creates a child, will be put under a curse. Curly then notices Quote, with his eyes becoming red...he goes crazy and starts trying to fight everyone. Curly, with the help of Balrog, ties him up, takes his guns, and try to figure out what to do. Balrog then says there's only one way to free him of this curse...a very risky thing to do indeed. They must somehow create a NEW Demon Crown....and put it on Quote."

What do you think? I am developing as I am typing this, and you play as Curly and Comma to make a Demon Crown somehow, put it on Quote, and destroy him. It will suddenly bring him back to life, and lift the curse. If you have any ideas for the game, please tell me. I am hoping to make this not that funny, and more dramatic and epic. It will NOT be as easy to make as Save Ctory, so don't expect updates. I won't give anyone the chance to play until it is DONE. But I WILL post some pictures time to time. Wish me luck, and have a Caverific day! =3

TO DO LIST
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Change The Name On The Title Screen
Edit A Few Sprites
Get Help From People
Edit Music
Code At Least 1 Room Alone

Mar 25, 2013 at 2:40 PM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
oh.... OH! wait... OK, I finished reading. It seems pretty good but are you sure you can make it so you can play as 2 people in the same game? Seems pretty hard but if you can do this, Be my guest. Also I love the storyline but it seems like there is gonna be lots of work put into it. I think you should post this mod really soon!

P.S: I can Beta test it...

Mar 25, 2013 at 2:46 PM
fadoink said:
oh.... OH! wait... OK, I finished reading. It seems pretty good but are you sure you can make it so you can play as 2 people in the same game? Seems pretty hard but if you can do this, Be my guest. Also I love the storyline but it seems like there is gonna be lots of work put into it. I think you should post this mod really soon!

P.S: I can Beta test it...
Well actually, I was thinking about making the "Comma and Curly" concept similar to the Quote and Curly concept. You see...you know how in cave story, the original, you tied Curly to your back with the rope? Well, I was thinking you would tie Curly to your back with the rope in this as well (in some parts). Also, I would be HONORED to have you beta test! =) As soon as I have this thing in a semi-playable state, I can PM you a link. Thanks for viewing, and pictures will be up eventually! PEACE OUT

Mar 25, 2013 at 2:48 PM
cool! Like you draw a baby on the back with a gun! LOL! Make sure she does not shoot you! :) And you should make it so the baby is on back. You know..

Mar 25, 2013 at 2:51 PM
fadoink said:
cool! Like you draw a baby on the back with a gun! LOL! Make sure she does not shoot you! :)

XD ok! I was thinking maybe it would just be curly, only on her sprite, I will make a baby similar to quote on her back. But I DO have one question you may know. well, I forget this one little fact. How do you make it possible to edit sprites again? Don't you remove "pixel" in the Hex or something? If you can answer, thanks. :)

Mar 25, 2013 at 3:31 PM
fadoink said:

Thanks SO much, I can tell you will be very helpful with this mod. I am gonna edit stuff in THIS order. But before I list it, don't blame me for the ordering, blame the OCD. XD

Here it is:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
1. Editing Sprites
2. Stages and crap
3. Coding
4. ???
5. PROFIT SUCKA

But I KINDA have one more little question, fadoink (or anyone...). Which room is the title screen? And if it IS a room, how do I change the song to a different one? (not a custom song, another song in the game.)

Feel free to suggest ideas, everyone! :3

Mar 25, 2013 at 4:07 PM
Sadly the title screen is not a room. You can only change the title screen music with resource hacker.
If you do not know how to do that check the hackin guide somewhere in the forums.

Mar 25, 2013 at 4:22 PM
fadoink said:
Sadly the title screen is not a room. You can only change the title screen music with resource hacker.
If you do not know how to do that check the hackin guide somewhere in the forums.
Ok, thanks!

Mar 25, 2013 at 4:23 PM
Your welcome!

Mar 25, 2013 at 4:26 PM
fadoink said:
Your welcome!
You sir, are gonna get a MAJOR cameo in this. Not just in the background or something, but a character that is crucial to the story. =DDDDDDD

Mar 25, 2013 at 5:01 PM
Interesting, the idea does seem a bit far-fetched but still I won't judge a story of anything until I have actually seen how it is executed. Also to change the title screen music and to do any real changes you would have to do some ASM hackng. Check the 'Grand Gallery of Modding Tutorials' if you are curious on how to do something. Here is the link to the thread all about title screen hacking. Good luck and have fun.

http://www.cavestory.org/forums/threads/871/

Mar 25, 2013 at 5:02 PM
PixelVortex said:
Interesting, the idea does seem a bit far-fetched but still I won't judge a story of anything until I have actually seen how it is executed. Also to change the title screen music and to do any real changes you would have to do some ASM hackng. Check the 'Grand Gallery of Modding Tutorials' if you are curious on how to do something. Here is the link to the thread all about title screen hacking. Good luck and have fun.

http://www.cavestory.org/forums/threads/871/

Thank you. I may have about 3 or 4 things that are troubling, but once they are taken care of, I'll be fine! I am gonna add a to do list as well, so people know how far I got.

Mar 25, 2013 at 5:10 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Why isn't this in the cave story modding subforum

Mar 25, 2013 at 5:26 PM
Noxid said:
Why isn't this in the cave story modding subforum
Because, it's still in development, and I plan to put the final copy in that sub-forum. So until I'm finished, it's here.

But one thing....could SOMEBODY go on espernet IRC, and join #cavestory? I would like to talk to someone about this for further help and things.

Mar 25, 2013 at 5:33 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
I think the correct answer is "I don't know what the subforums are for and I didn't bother to see that there's an ideas and development section under CS modding" so I'm going to move it.

Mar 25, 2013 at 5:47 PM
Noxid said:
I think the correct answer is "I don't know what the subforums are for and I didn't bother to see that there's an ideas and development section under CS modding" so I'm going to move it.

Sorry...didn't know that was there :rolleyes:

Mar 26, 2013 at 3:35 PM
Sorry I was off and did not answer. I was looking at the title screen hacks and finnally made the 3 slot cave story files. It took so long to do it but now... YAYA!!

Mar 26, 2013 at 8:00 PM
Dunc2403 said:
Okay wait wait
Creation and destruction
I see that and think Genesis and Oblivion
Maybe go with something a bit more original
I have honestly never seen anything in my life with that name. I know that genesis and oblivion are, but not "Genesis and Oblivion". But just to make sure, I will change the name.