Cave Story FanArt

Old topic!
The last post in this thread is over 60 days old. Posting in this thread will be considered a bump, so please make an attempt to be courteous if you go ahead with it.

If the last post is over 6 months old, it may instead be a better idea to start a new topic. If you aren't sure about what to do, feel free to ask a staff member for help, or try to locate a 'general questions'-type thread if it exists in this (sub-)forum.
Aug 7, 2012 at 2:39 AM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
Herp derp.

Aug 7, 2012 at 2:51 AM
Been here way too long...
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Do you have any proof that this piece of shit is even a Mimiga Oh you drew it

Aug 7, 2012 at 2:57 AM
Sure doesn't tell me anything about what needs improving!

Aug 7, 2012 at 6:14 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
There is something vaguely masculine about the face that is kind of weirding me out when combined with the body
Also human-like feet on a mimiga but I guess that's more a stylistic preference maybe?

Aug 7, 2012 at 7:26 AM
Yeah, it's a stylistic thing. Follows from my assumption that humanoid feet distribute weight better than cutesy furry footpaws. Looking back at it though, I still kind of buggered the feet. And the hands. Grah.

The face design is a preference of mine; I'd be happy to draw something more traditionally feminine though.

Aug 7, 2012 at 7:45 AM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
The hands and feet don't bother me but now that I look at it more the legs don't appear to quite line up with the torso properly

Aug 7, 2012 at 8:42 AM
Only Love, Maximum Love, Forever
Awesome stuff dude.
I think it took a few seconds of getting used to, but I dig the style you have going on in terms of proportions.
Honestly I can't think of anything else to say; I probably should have waited for a good night's sleep before posting a critique but oh well I like it and you'll have some criticisms from me tomorrow.

Also nice to meet you.

Aug 7, 2012 at 3:11 PM
A Reluctant Balrog's Waifu
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
I'm so, so, so, so sorry if this has already been posted. I've already looked through all 300 pages of this post and I really don't have the energy to do it again.

Is Balrog being sexually assaulted by Ballos or...

But seriously for a moment, a lot of these Japanese fan art pieces that feature 'the cast' make me laugh. Because Ballos is usually just there, chilling and not giving a shit.

Aug 7, 2012 at 4:43 PM
Been here way too long...
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
I'm so, so, so, so sorry if this has already been posted. I've already looked through all 300 pages of this post and I really don't have the energy to do it again.

Is Balrog being sexually assaulted by Ballos or...

But seriously for a moment, a lot of these Japanese fan art pieces that feature 'the cast' make me laugh. Because Ballos is usually just there, chilling and not giving a shit.
But--- Ballos in here looks dead. He's not able to give a shit. :S

Aug 8, 2012 at 9:01 AM
Awesome stuff dude.
I think it took a few seconds of getting used to, but I dig the style you have going on in terms of proportions.
Honestly I can't think of anything else to say; I probably should have waited for a good night's sleep before posting a critique but oh well I like it and you'll have some criticisms from me tomorrow.

Also nice to meet you.
Thanks, Manwhore (I presume that's what your avatar is anyway), よろしくね. Round, stocky-ish little buggers are my thing. Here's to that critique also.

some kinda work in progress thing because yeah

Aug 8, 2012 at 11:45 AM
Thanks, Manwhore (I presume that's what your avatar is anyway), よろしくね. Round, stocky-ish little buggers are my thing. Here's to that critique also.

some kinda work in progress thing because yeah
aaargh, I was meant to say the same for your earlier contribution, but I seriously love your art style and your unique way of drawing mimiga. :heart:

Aug 8, 2012 at 12:45 PM
Danke schön! :toroko2: I'm glad you like it, "unique" is one of the more satisfying compliments I get thrown at me every so often. Hoping someone has some more technical-critical input too, it's all good!

So... sleepy. Need... creepypasta.

Aug 11, 2012 at 4:53 PM
Hey. I actually have a contribution now.

Yay. :heart:

Aug 11, 2012 at 5:43 PM
bloated doushe
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
I really do like your spritework. Have you considered joining our (nearly abandoned) Pixel Art Collab game? Winknodyeah

Aug 11, 2012 at 5:46 PM
I really do like your spritework. Have you considered joining our (nearly abandoned) Pixel Art Collab game? Winknodyeah
Ah, I appreciate it. And I don't know anything about it, but if you really think I can be put to any use for something like that, I'd be more than happy to try it out. :)

Aug 11, 2012 at 10:36 PM
In case you haven't come across it in your lurking, the collab thread is here. I would have liked to have tried my hand at it, but I doubt that my pixel art skills would be able to contribute to the project in a constructive way.

Oh, and nice Balrog .gif, by the way. He looks so very chipper.

Aug 12, 2012 at 10:30 AM
In case you haven't come across it in your lurking, the collab thread is here. I would have liked to have tried my hand at it, but I doubt that my pixel art skills would be able to contribute to the project in a constructive way.

Oh, and nice Balrog .gif, by the way. He looks so very chipper.
Thanks for the link! I hadn't seen it. Mainly because the parts of the forum I actually read into with depth were this one and the "Theories" section.

Thanks very much. :) He's adorable.

Aug 12, 2012 at 1:59 PM
Pirate Member
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"

Aug 12, 2012 at 7:10 PM
bloated doushe
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
See, this is why art is more important than lifting. This is beautiful. I am curious as to why you have the adidas logo there though

Aug 13, 2012 at 7:11 AM
Not anymore
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
This is the first piece of fanart I've posted on these forums.

It's Curly holding the life pot and wearing the silver locket.