cave story challange.

Mar 10, 2011 at 7:14 PM
"Huzzah!"
last cave - hidden with sword only speed run ! :toroko:
ive done 1'30'02 i think it was.
its on my stream channel livestream.com/voyce .
why dont you give it a try?

http://www.mediafire.com/?tn8hentvjvjpq0n
heres a link to doukutsu.exe and profile.dat
the exe has the nikumaru counter starting on last cave (hidden)
the profile dat is a save with the sword before the cave.

edit - ive now done 1'15"5

Mar 10, 2011 at 7:48 PM
Hyperbolic
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
Cool, nice achievement again, I`ll watch it tomorrow (in a hurry now). Could you beat the Doctor or the Undead Core with Bubbler only? There is no Curly there. Or you can use ducky shooting lvl3 Nemesis only instead against them. Your choice.

Mar 10, 2011 at 7:51 PM
"Huzzah!"
trickybilly said:
Cool, nice achievement again, I`ll watch it tomorrow (in a hurry now). Could you beat the Doctor or the Undead Core with Bubbler only? There is no Curly there. Or you can use ducky shooting lvl3 Nemesis only instead against them. Your choice.

i believe i can. my problem is the 3hp. not the lame weapons.

Mar 10, 2011 at 7:56 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
I have a fun challenge for you. See if you can beat the game in as few jumps as possible.

http://www.mediafire.com/?fdzjjfhufmz

Just replace regular Doukutsu.exe with that and I am pretty sure it'll run. If you'll do it, I will too :toroko:

"Beating" entails defeating Ballos.

Mar 10, 2011 at 7:59 PM
"Huzzah!"
Noxid said:
I have a fun challenge for you. See if you can beat the game in as few jumps as possible.

http://www.mediafire.com/?fdzjjfhufmz

Just replace regular Doukutsu.exe with that and I am pretty sure it'll run. If you'll do it, I will too :toroko:

"Beating" entails defeating Ballos.

that would be a very long challange.
how about starting with a boss hehe

Mar 10, 2011 at 8:11 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
Well you're not supposed to do it all in one sitting :/

I'm just wondering how many jumps does it take to get to the center of an island prison.

Mar 10, 2011 at 8:20 PM
"Huzzah!"
Noxid said:
Well you're not supposed to do it all in one sitting :/

I'm just wondering how many jumps does it take to get to the center of an island prison.

well its a challange that in order to beat someone elses score it will take you alot of time and restarting...
but its very original :toroko:

Mar 10, 2011 at 10:12 PM
Tommy Thunder
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
I would love to try some of these challenges, but I do much better on my Wii, so I can't download any challenge mods, let alone actually record it (haven't used my Capture Card in awhile).
trickybilly said:
Could you beat the Doctor or the Undead Core with Bubbler only? There is no Curly there. Or you can use ducky shooting lvl3 Nemesis only instead against them. Your choice.
Yeah this would be pretty cool. Level 3 Nemesis would be nearly impossible, but Bubbler, yeah.

Mar 13, 2011 at 5:48 PM
Hyperbolic
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
Challenge: Can you get ALL the hearts which appear when you talk to Chaco after beating the doctor? I have always missed 1...can you get them all?

Mar 13, 2011 at 6:21 PM
Been here way too long...
As far as the jumping challenge goes, there's definitely a certain strategem to it. It is better to waste a jump to get the life capsule so you can sit upon the evil door rather than having to jump four times to kill it. I got twenty jumps for the first cave. Balrog'll be a challenge. :rolleyes:

Edit: AAAAAAAND It tually just took one jump to beat the rog. Three if you count jumping to get the health refil, zero if you think that skipping the fight is allowable, which it totally isn't.