Cave story(Bad Ending Sequel)

Feb 8, 2009 at 7:38 AM
Hax on....Hax off....
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
Demo:http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=3f671870988258c24012e8015643d9c8dde958bd2b07ecad

It's nothing particularly Special yet. I hope to learn more about hacking with weapons. The Main Character is an owl that pixel made but never used.
I haven't quite learned how to put screenshots in posts so i'm sorry about that

You'll also notice that the save points are spirit dogs
The Bosses aren't very special either cause so far, they are only a few of the original bosses with different sprites that I made(which are pretty crap :o)

It will tell you when the demo reches the end so if there doesn't seem to be anywhere to go, there will be you just have to look. I hope you enjoy it.

Edit:There may still be some things that i haven't fixed so please tell me if you're having problems

Edit:I've decided to abandon making this mod cause i'm just not very happy with it and it's not all that great anyway
Cause it's a sequel i don't really feel like I can change too much cause then i wont be like as much a sequel to cave story anymore. I'm gonna start making another mod completely unrelated to the original cave story cause then I can really change anything

Feb 8, 2009 at 7:50 AM
Been here way too long...
"The Ultimate Sword of Extraordinary Magnitude"
It seems you forgot the link.

Feb 8, 2009 at 8:37 AM
Hax on....Hax off....
oh >.< that was stupid of me i was pretty sure i put it in but i'll edit it now

Feb 8, 2009 at 9:36 AM
Source Splicer, 2nd Class
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
Not to sound hateful, but...

Wow, it's going to take me awhile to download all 484 files from the Data Folder & subfolders manually (Since it won't let me download the folder itself)... Maybe you should try putting all of the mod's files into a Compressed (Zipped) Folder to package it all in one download...

Also, funny how accessing the download link automatically causes me to login on my account on MediaFire, though I imagine that has to do with that site itself...

Feb 8, 2009 at 10:46 AM
Hax on....Hax off....
Ooohhh thanks that's a huge help cause i've never used media fire before and it'll be much quicker to upload

Feb 8, 2009 at 2:39 PM
In front of a computer
"Man, if only I had an apple..."
Bad Beholder said:
Also, funny how accessing the download link automatically causes me to login on my account on MediaFire, though I imagine that has to do with that site itself...
It probably set a login cookie last time you logged in.

Feb 8, 2009 at 3:07 PM
I WANT YEN LIN!!!
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
ok now I tried that thing expecting to say pretty crap, but wow. An owl. And some dramatic dialogbox sprite and some cool dialogue but your choice of tracks are a bit off. The Laby song fit well there, but the Curly song for the third room ain't working well just because there ain't much enemies there. I suggest Laby for the 2nd and 3rd room, Sand Zone track for the 4th, and the Curly at fifth is just nice (I hate that song now. pretty design eh :D)

And the bossfight was rather annoying than hard, I forgot to save. You misplaced some of the save points there :p

Feb 8, 2009 at 7:32 PM
graters gonna grate
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
Nice job so far, I hope you finish this!

A couple bugs...

It seems you messed up the ending, because I got to the Tundra, and there was a dialog with Emusk, and then it seemed like there should have been a boss, but there wasn't, and you also forgot to use an <FOM to restore focus to the player after the dialog. I added the necessary <FOM, and the went up the path to the left, except it made my computer freak out and keep repeating the fade out animation over and over. I edited the script, fixing a typo (you said :TRA instead of <TRA), and then the path worked. It led to a weird looking place with all these colorful blobs and a picture of Toroko. I tried interacting with Toroko, and going off the edges, but nothing happened so I'm assuming this is the end of the demo.

Also, when you get the machine gun, the <GIT is wrong (it shows the arms barrier instead of the machine gun).

Feb 9, 2009 at 6:30 AM
Hax on....Hax off....
That's wierd it worked fine when i submitted it but i'll try again
As for the other wierd things like getting the <GIT wrong i'll probably fix all that up for the next demo

Feb 9, 2009 at 12:59 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
you know the one where you get the fire ball? when i try looking at it gives you some life capsule and it when i try looking at it again it gives a life capsule again and again, and again... until i got 80+ life...

Feb 9, 2009 at 5:05 PM
Luls
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
time.X.300 said:
you know the one where you get the fire ball? when i try looking at it gives you some life capsule and it when i try looking at it again it gives a life capsule again and again, and again... until i got 80+ life...

It seems that you has forgotten teh flagz

Feb 10, 2009 at 8:37 AM
Hax on....Hax off....
That's wierd cause i was pretty sure i fixed that

Feb 12, 2009 at 10:29 PM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
The whole thing is very jerky, I never know why I am where I am or how I got there or what I'm supposed to do. The gameplay is average, and there a lot of bugs. Still, it's an enjoyable play.

Feb 13, 2009 at 6:31 AM
Hax on....Hax off....
Well yeah like i said, it's nothing particularly special but i'm glad you enjoyed it