Cave Story: Anniversary Project

Jan 29, 2019 at 8:01 PM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
[updating years later because i felt like it to say this has long since been cancelled because it never went anywhere due to criticisms over on discord, so I switched it from a remix project to an animation project which effectively killed it immediately lol]

This is the Cave Story: Anniversary Project!

Goal?: To have several animators to work together and retell the game's story by having multiple talented fans animating it, all for the game's 15th anniversary that will be coming soon. No, this isn't a reanimation project you see everywhere on Youtube. What happens in each scene is determined by the animator as long as it stays in focus for the main story.

Requirements?: None, really. Anybody with any amount of animation talent can join in. If you like the game and at least have some software that can animate or pseudo-animate (slideshows/animatics are allowed as well!), you can help! Sprite animations, hand-drawn, digital, flash, anything in-between is allowed.

Other stuff: I am hoping for this to be released by Cave Story's 15th anniversary, but if the project needs to be delayed (animation takes time) it's alright. Your animation doesn't need to have any voices, sound, music or anything. If you do add sound though, have it only be sound effects or voices as I will edit in music. I would expect each scene to be around 10-30 seconds. This will also be based on the Best Ending, so if you are animating a part of the game that has a Best Ending requirement, please include it!

If you're interested, just send me a DM on Discord (I'm Aqua the Yoshi#9413) and I can give you a private discord server link for the project.
Have any questions? Feel free to ask them.

One last thing, this was originally planned to be a remix project. This was eventually scrapped after a lot of people said there were enough remix projects and I decided to rework this into something original.
I know it isn't typically a good idea to just randomly start a remix project when you aren't very well known, in fact I originally wanted this to be somewhat private to only my friends and some talented producers I know so it would be a surprise release, but work started slowing down and going nowhere quickly so I had to resort to making this public.
This is being prepared a year in advance because I don't think this will really pick up speed/get popular like the other remix projects did, but all I want to do is start something like this because I like the game and 15 years old is definitely a good milestone

Oops, I didn't even say what this was about.
Basically, this is a remix project that'll celebrate the game's upcoming 15th anniversary. This is planned to have a remix of a track for each song in the OST so it's a complete remix of the game's soundtrack. I doubt it'll get the full soundtrack remixed but I can hope at least lol
This is for people with musical experience, are fans of the game, wanted to take part in one of the previous remix projects but couldn't and would like to celebrate the upcoming 15th anniversary of the game!
The music you make for this can be any style as long as it's a remix of a song from the game's soundtrack. You can even use ORGmaker if you'd like! I would like to keep away from lyrics though as I just don't think that would feel right in a project like this, but that's just me.

If you are interested in taking part in this, just send me a DM on Discord (I'm Aqua the Yoshi#9413) and I can give you a private discord server link for the project.

Also, if you have any remixes you've already created, please don't submit them. It's a preference to have the remixes be new. Remaking or editing a remix you've already made is alright but I just want the remixes to be new.

Last edited:
Jan 30, 2019 at 3:30 AM
Stoned Member
"All your forum are belong to us!"
I want someone to submit that "King has a seizure" org from one of those other remix projects.

Edit:
Alright since people are treating this seriously I'll throw in an org remix I have.
Meltdown 3
This is Meltdown mixed with Meltdown 2.
Sand.wav
This is Meltdown 2 in the style of Mugeneko.

I have like 20 more sand zone remixes on my computer, I think there might be something wrong with me.

Last edited:
Jan 30, 2019 at 4:58 AM
Org Discord Admin
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
This looks very interesting, I might join in.

Are there any rules regarding which tracks can be accepted for this project? Perhaps a goal, or a guideline? As far as I understand it, the album is a collection of remixes.

Jan 30, 2019 at 5:06 AM
War criminal
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
A good question is are beta music acceptable? (i.e. People of the Root, Wind Fortress, Snoopy Cake, Pier Walk, Meltdown 1, Cave Story (PiyoPiyo), etc)

Jan 30, 2019 at 3:25 PM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
I want someone to submit that "King has a seizure" org from one of those other remix projects.

Edit:
Alright since people are treating this seriously I'll throw in an org remix I have.
Meltdown 3
This is Meltdown mixed with Meltdown 2.
Sand.wav
This is Meltdown 2 in the style of Mugeneko.

I have like 20 more sand zone remixes on my computer, I think there might be something wrong with me.
I'll check them out later, it's nice you already have a few on your computer.

This looks very interesting, I might join in.

Are there any rules regarding which tracks can be accepted for this project? Perhaps a goal, or a guideline? As far as I understand it, the album is a collection of remixes.
A good question is are beta music acceptable? (i.e. People of the Root, Wind Fortress, Snoopy Cake, Pier Walk, Meltdown 1, Cave Story (PiyoPiyo), etc)
The goal is to have pretty much the entire Soundtrack remixed. This album is a collection of remixes. Pretty much as long as you made it and it's a remix of a Cave Story song you can submit it. And yes, beta music is allowed.

Jan 30, 2019 at 4:55 PM
2dbro
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
here are some i've made previously

Jan 31, 2019 at 8:29 PM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
I have changed this up. This is now an animation project as the remix projects are just overdone here for cave story, so I felt this time it deserves changing up and this has never been done for Cave Story either, so I think this would work
mods/admins/somebody else or something I'd like this thread moved to a better forum as music wouldn't really fit for this anymore

Feb 28, 2019 at 7:27 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
I would love to contribute in any way possible. As far as any art form, I suck. However, I would love to help.