Cave story+ All Stars

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 19, 2018 at 9:44 AM
War criminal
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
You are Siriosly?
This is Cave Story + Modding. (Not Cave Story)!
While it is hypothetically okay to distribute the new, custom MyChar sprites, including the other graphics from CS+ is not, due to legal issues. May I suggest uploading the images that only show the custom characters?

Samus Curly and Misery would likely have to be removed though, since they were originally made by Nicalis.

Also, graphic edits aren't typically seen as mods either, just to give you a heads up here.

Jul 19, 2018 at 9:46 AM
Org Discord Admin
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Кажется, мне нужно объяснить что-то важное.
Компания Nicalis (которая создала Cave Story +) не хочет, чтобы графики и текстуры из Cave Story + использовались где-нибудь. Вообще. Так получилось, что, по закону, использование материалов из Cave Story + в своей модифицированной игре запрещено.
В прошлый раз, когда кто-то использовал текстуры Cave Story + в своей модификации игры (которая была бесплатна, да и вроде не пиратка), компания Nicalis засудила создателя и потребовала удаления.
Короче говоря, здесь только работают над Cave Story. С нынешними инструментами всё легче, и есть специальные модификации, которые позволят использовать ваши файлы с персонажами.
П.С.: Cave Story (обычный) стал более гибким в модификации. Там теперь возможно будет создать меню смены персонажей (намного легче, чем в Cave Story +), и можно использовать файлы такого же хорошего качества. Самое главное - не используйте материал из Cave Story +.

Last edited:
Jul 19, 2018 at 12:23 PM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
Но я же не перемещаю спрайты из Cave Story + в Cave Story
моя модификация только для платной Cave Story +!

Jul 19, 2018 at 1:39 PM
Org Discord Admin
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Это понятно, ничего плохого пока не сделано.
Я пытаюсь предупредить о следующем:
1) Если следовать по закону, то придётся как-то прислать спрайты через установщик или другую программу, если хотите прислать свои работы через интернет. Я не особо знаю о установщиках, но без них придётся будет присылать сами спрайты и заменять нужные файлы самому, что можно сделать, но неудобно (и, возможно, долго). Присылать саму папку прямо из игры с уже изменёнными данными (имеется ввиду папка, где находятся все спрайты Cave Story+) нельзя, это нелегально.
2) В этом форуме не особо разбираются в Cave Story +. Я только знаю, что zxin что-то делал в этой игре, честно скажу, но большинство разбираются только в бесплатной версии. Создать меню для смены персонажей можно только пока в бесплатной версии, причём установщик не потребуется, но в Cave Story + намного больше проблем в которых, возможно, никто не разберётся.

Jul 19, 2018 at 2:08 PM
Deliverer of Sweets
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
Yo it's nice what you are trying here but there are a few things that you really should be aware of.

1. Cave Story+ mods are not really popular because they aren't easy to share, and are less accessible since not everyone has bought it.

But what's more importantly here;
2. Cave Story+'s assets, including music and spritesheets, are copyrighted. Without explicit permission from Nicalis themselves (You're probably highly unlikely to get that for this), you are not allowed to share their spritesheets whatsoever.
It doesn't matter wether you are moving these to the original free version of cave story or not, you are still sharing pieces of their spritesheets. (at least as far as i've seen, correct my if i'm wrong, anybody)
If you still want to share the parts of the spritesheet that you made yourself, and just black out the stuff you didn't make.
A honestly better solution would be to just do this for the free version of cave story, alternatively use Clownacy's Modloader to have 2x res graphics so you can still make spritesheets on the same resolution as Cave Story +, as the original game's spritesheets still can be shared.

I'm talking with what i can remember so correct me if i'm wrong.

Jul 19, 2018 at 2:39 PM
Org Discord Admin
Честно скажу, я не знаю, почему для игры The Binding of Isaac разрешаются моды. Но мы точно знаем, что с Cave Story + совсем другая история, и Nicalis не разрешает распространять её материал, хоть в каком-либо виде. Разные отношения к разным обществам, наверняка.

Jul 19, 2018 at 2:46 PM
Nicalis don't love Cave Story Fans =(

Last edited:
Jul 19, 2018 at 3:27 PM
2dbro
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
Cave Story modding has already got to the point where we can do everything that you can do in CS+ in normal Cave Story instead. If you'd like, you can use Clownacy's mod loader to use your custom 2x graphics in vanilla Cave Story. Just make sure that if you intend on releasing said graphics you don't include the default CS+ graphics with them.

Jul 19, 2018 at 5:09 PM
Thanks You.
and
I can use 4x Sprites? =)
p365240-0-bzctkc4gkdk.jpg

Aug 6, 2018 at 5:45 PM
SONIC STORY!
I need Create mod for Cave Story(Original)
to SAGE 2018.
(Sonic Amateur Games Expo )
But Please!

How make Random Enemy to Levels?
First Cave
Enemy.Random(1,5)
EggCorridor
Enemy.Random(5,10)
For Roguelike Gameplay
and
New Expirience!?

p365395-0-of2ieb4gbi8.jpg

Last edited:
Aug 8, 2018 at 9:49 PM
Deliverer of Sweets
why game
Cave Story (Original)
lab don't watch my sprites!?
I need Create Character's Select
When you handle with tiles if you go beyond tile 255 the game decides to loop back to 0. So if you have a larger tileset they probably will just not be accessible.

Aug 8, 2018 at 9:54 PM
When you handle with tiles if you go beyond tile 255 the game decides to loop back to 0. So if you have a larger tileset they probably will just not be accessible.
How CS+ Make It?
MyChar.png

Aug 8, 2018 at 9:57 PM
Deliverer of Sweets
Not sure what youre asking but this rule i mentioned mostly counts for tilesets, not spritesheets

Aug 8, 2018 at 10:01 PM
Not sure what youre asking but this rule i mentioned mostly counts for tilesets, not spritesheets
How Change this Rule?

Status
Not open for further replies.