Cave Story 3DS Discussion

Nov 29, 2011 at 11:21 PM
"Huzzah!"
What's the difference between normal and easy mode? So far, everything is the same. (i'm in the labrynth)

Nov 29, 2011 at 11:22 PM
Tommy Thunder
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
linkruler said:
What's the difference between normal and easy mode? So far, everything is the same. (i'm in the labrynth)

They probably made easy mode the same as it was on the Wii version: you take much less damage, your weapons level up faster, and enemies are harder to kill.

Dec 3, 2011 at 1:00 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Good afternoon, thread.
So I'm in the middle of making this video review about cave story and I'm going to end it on a poor note. Infact, I really don't like the game!

I think the character animation is sub par in some places and passable in others.

Close to nothing new was added that I can find, unless they're so incredibly ridiculously secret that I can't find them. I mean, there was supposed to be a new character and weapon, and I got a prinny cap... Nis america may as well have personally come into my house, slapped me in the face, took cave story BACK and peed on my rug while I stood there staring in shock.

And lastly... You can just find a better cave story fix elsewhere. I mean, the games gonna come out on steam with a whole new level and new game modes. PLUS the graphics in that retain class and charm yet are totally new.

Edit: I forgot to mention that I'm posting here in the hopes that somone will convince me otherwise. Cause I really do love cave story.
Also, in hopes of clarification, I don't *hate* the game as a stand alone game. But I do think it's maybe a 7/10 when cavestory is a 10/10. What I'm saying is that it's the version of cave story I enjoyed least for twice the price...

Dec 3, 2011 at 1:20 AM
"Huzzah!"
The only reason you say that is because you aren't a true cave story fan. You are such a disgrace (to me) for saying that

Dec 3, 2011 at 1:25 AM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
linkruler said:
The only reason you say that is because you aren't a true cave story fan. You are such a disgrace (to me) for saying that

Or maybe you're just a biased fanboy.

This version had great locales and music in spots, but it was hit-or-miss, and I'd agree that the animation and character modeling was atrocious.

Make sure to mention Cave Story+ in the review, so people don't go thinking Cave Story itself is a bad game. :heart:

Dec 3, 2011 at 1:26 AM
Tommy Thunder
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
linkruler said:

Really?... You make it seem like that if you don't like the game, you are automatically not a Cave Story fan. I myself found it to be the worst version released. No extra content we haven't seen before, and glitches.

Dec 3, 2011 at 2:29 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Mr.Traveler said:
This version had great locales and music in spots, but it was hit-or-miss, and I'd agree that the animation and character modeling was atrocious.

Make sure to mention Cave Story+ in the review, so people don't go thinking Cave Story itself is a bad game. :heart:

Yeah, I like the locales as well. I thought they were really great at times, infact! But the game only has one thing going for it. It's in 3D. And the characters and their animations look terrible. And the music is on par with the original tracks, but you can't use the original tracks!

I'll definitely mention that cave story is a fantastic game, and that cave story + is more than worth it, but I just don't think cave story 3D is worth it WHEN you can buy better versions of the same game cheaper. I'm not talking to people who love cave story, then I reccomend it. I'm talking to most people who don't know what cave story is, and I say they're better off starting with the wii ware or, better yet, cave story plus.

If your deeply in love with cave story and have to see the locales in 3D, well, that's a different story.

linkruler said:
I forgot to mention in my original post: I'm only here for someone to convince me I'm wrong cause I love cave story. So if someone has a differing opinion, please voice it.

But, unfortunately ,I can't tell someone in my review "So yeah, anyone who doesn't like this game isn't a cave story fan, and is also a disgrace. And all opinions that aren't in favor of this game are biased".

Jan 6, 2012 at 5:13 PM
So in Time Attack, does the game not save your best time? I finished Time Attack, and my time displayed in the upper left corner of the game's opening screen, but then nothing is there when I go back to that screen. And I guess if the game doesn't save your time, it's safe to assume there's nothing to unlock by getting a good time (like different title screen music)? If all of this is correct, that's pretty disappointing.

Jan 6, 2012 at 9:53 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
emayer said:
that's pretty disappointing.

Yes, it is, isn't it
welcome to every nicalis release of cave story ever

Jan 8, 2012 at 4:58 AM
I wouldn't go that far. But it does kind of defeat the purpose of having a time attack mode without saving your time. Though now that I think about it, I think that was the case with the WiiWare version, too...

Jan 8, 2012 at 5:03 AM
Tommy Thunder
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
I think that was the case with the WiiWare version, too...
Yeah, I'm pretty sure it was too. I can only really use the DSi version to keep my Hell times; I even find it better than the PC version because whenever you die in Hell, you respawn with all your weapons at B1. I think it's the most convenient :heart:

Mar 13, 2012 at 2:40 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I acualy have a 3DS. I'm selling it. LOL just kidding...... :awesomeface: :awesomeface: :awesomeface: :awesomeface:

Mar 14, 2012 at 2:29 PM
Only Love, Maximum Love, Forever
Oh so we're doing novelty accounts now?
I hope worst_answer_possible isn't taken.

Mar 30, 2012 at 1:45 AM
I was actually depressed with how it turned out. There was no Wind Fortress, some of the NPC animations looked unfinished, no Hero's end music, or the White and Toroko's theme songs. But I did have fun with that glitch... and by the way. Why did they include the beast fang? I found it when I used the glitch.

Mar 31, 2012 at 5:31 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Just got it and it is awesome! The fact that I don't have a 3DS with which to play it, and thus, can't, is entirely irrelevant. :rolleyes: