Cave Story 3DS Discussion

Feb 11, 2011 at 8:33 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Re: Cave Story 3DS Announced!

Wow, It's like the good God almighty, Jesus, and Mary too descended from the pearly gates of heaven herself and formed this moment from cinnamon buns and Mimigas. I am too happy for words. This is what dreams are made of.
maury.gif
p120880-1-sdecgj.gif

diph.php
diph.php

diph.php
diph.php

diph.php
diph.php

diph.php

diph.php

diph.php

diph.php
diph.php

I am a very happy camper.

Feb 11, 2011 at 8:49 AM
Been here way too long...
"Life begins and ends with Nu."

Welp, there's Best First Post of 2011. And what's more, he waited two years to do it.
Unfortunately, no amount of dancing gifs could possibly express the joy of Cave Story 3D and Cave Story 2, but dammit if you didn't try with all your heart. Welcome to the forums.

Feb 11, 2011 at 9:00 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"

Is the game out yet?
This is going to be the longest wait of my life.

Feb 11, 2011 at 9:33 AM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"

Pokesmashfighter said:
Is the game out yet?
This is going to be the longest wait of my life.
Dude, the 3DS hasn't even been RELEASED yet. Of course it's not out. :debug:

Though, it is a "launch window" title, so...

Feb 11, 2011 at 10:02 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"

How about now?

Feb 11, 2011 at 10:19 AM
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"

diph.php

Feb 11, 2011 at 11:24 AM
Starbound sucked sadly

I think i just came

Feb 11, 2011 at 1:33 PM
Hyperbolic
"What're YOU lookin' at?"

Just looked at the big headed Quote and thought "this is a killer robot" - made me smile. He can`t even balance that big head...although it`ll be fun to see the CS 3DS, especially a SEQUEL. Besides the fetus-shaped Quote the graphics look awesome.

Feb 11, 2011 at 2:52 PM
"Huzzah!"

Ok the only thing i dont like about this, is that i now have to own a 3DS. I would joke with people about it, the latest gimmicky crap from Nintendos rear, but now, the fact is, i have to buy it. It's no longer a question.

It's kinda like if they mentioned that Klonoa 2 Lunateas veil was being remade on 3DS. They remade the first one on Wii. I'm a slave to the franchises i'm afraid.

Its just terrifying how much money i'll be inevitably paying for the 15000th new model of the same DS, which probably has less actual power, technology and actual fun behind it than your average Japanese scientific calculator.

As for the game, yeah concept art looks pretty terrible. I think most of the members here could do better holding the pencil between their teeth. But as for the screenshots and the promises, looks kinda nice.

Feb 11, 2011 at 4:29 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
I was planning to get a 3DS anyway since my original DS is more or less tanked.
Isn't it only supposed to be like $250 anyway? Doesn't seem like a bad price, I mean that's around how much the original one was at release.

Apparently the 3DS is coming out like this summer?
So I guess it won't be a long wait unless *cough* delays *cough*

Feb 11, 2011 at 4:44 PM
Hey.
"In Soviet Russia, graves keep YOU!"

Yeah, I planned on getting one anyway, though my Lite isn't broken. :o This just makes me want one more than before. :J

Feb 11, 2011 at 6:15 PM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"

Miles_Valentine said:
Its just terrifying how much money i'll be inevitably paying for the 15000th new model of the same DS, which probably has less actual power, technology and actual fun behind it than your average Japanese scientific calculator.

You do realize that the 3DS is NOT actually a DS, right? It's power is comparable to a Wii or even above it, whereas the DS is only about as capable as a Nintendo 64. Also, you can "shut off" the 3D, without losing any of the graphics, there's a slider on the side for that, not to mention that it's going to have a Virtual Console (like the Wii, but with Game Boy and Game Boy Color games at the minimum), be compatible with DSi applications, two cameras on the front to allow you to take 3D pictures, a 3rd camera on the front so you can take pictures of yourself [or use your face in a game], has the flat equivalent of a control stick, a motion sensor, augmented reality support, a messaging service that works through wifi, AND a gyrometer all built-in, not to mention that the screen resolution is going to be much better than the DS'.

Compare:
p120891-0-mariokartds20050817115222352.jpg

p120891-1-e32010mariokart3dsscreens20100615115214829640w.jpg

p120891-2-nintendodslite2x.jpg

p120891-3-legendofzeldaocarinaoftime3dsscreenshot.jpg

Noxid said:
I was planning to get a 3DS anyway since my original DS is more or less tanked.
Isn't it only supposed to be like $250 anyway? Doesn't seem like a bad price, I mean that's around how much the original one was at release.

Apparently the 3DS is coming out like this summer?
So I guess it won't be a long wait unless *cough* delays *cough*

Actually, it's going to be out March 27th in the US. There's going to be a LOT of huge titles in June though, with Animal Crossing 3DS, Mario Kart 3DS, Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3DS, Kid Icarus: Uprising, Star Fox 64 3DS, and Super Monkey Ball all coming out on the same day, 6/2.

Feb 11, 2011 at 7:07 PM

Pretty sure the delays Noxid was talking about are Nicalis delays, not Nintendo delays. Nicalis time is even slower than Valve time.
T3mp0 said:
Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3DS,
Well, fuck. Now there's no question about buying a 3DS.

Feb 11, 2011 at 7:44 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"

With a new Paper Mario, Star Fox, and Cave Story, who can resist?

Feb 11, 2011 at 8:35 PM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."

Not to mention Kid Icarus.

This game looks like win and I totally am buying it when I get my 3DS. And ZOMFGWTFBBQ A SEQUEL??!!

Feb 11, 2011 at 8:57 PM
daughter of chivalry
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"

Ocarina on 3DS is acutally making me want it more than Cave Story.

Feb 11, 2011 at 9:07 PM

I don't know if I agre with you about the mimiga village being too dark fabulous. Instead of reducing contrast, I think what'll happens is that firstly it'll make it feel like it's actually in a cave, and secondly, it'll make the outer wall and balcony feel like an orgasm. So much dark, so much claustrophobia, and then LIGHT!

Feb 11, 2011 at 9:44 PM

p120897-0-33.jpg

Yep, it looks like we're getting the chibi one [not that it's a bad thing, I personally thought this style fits Cave Story's personality more] , I bet Igor, Curly, and Misery will look better when we see the models, as this one does the concept art for Quote a lot of justice.

Feb 12, 2011 at 1:21 AM
daughter of chivalry
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"

Quote looks cute and less Tim Burton than I thought he would.

I am curious to know how the not-so-big-headed/adult characters will look like. Like Zazuma, Itoh, Milforin, and the Doctor. I'm having trouble imagining a chibi Kazuma.

Well, guess I should keep my mouth shut and just wait. This is getting very, very interesting..