Cave Story 2?

Sep 27, 2015 at 8:33 PM
Deliverer of Sweets
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
3) Pixel draws inspiration from the guy who made Jenka's Nightmare.
You do realize there are different versions of Jenka's nightmare?
Are you talking about the one who started the mod only to abandon it, or one of the people who finished the mod?

Sep 27, 2015 at 8:45 PM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
You do realize there are different versions of Jenka's nightmare?
Are you talking about the one who started the mod only to abandon it, or one of the people who finished the mod?

Whoever finished it, I guess.

Sep 27, 2015 at 10:34 PM
But I thought that was intended...?
I suppose, but it's just weird for your character to jump as if he/she is on another planet when the game clearly takes place on Earth. At least games like Super Metroid kind of justified their weird-ass jumping physics.

Sep 27, 2015 at 10:35 PM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
The jumping physics are mostly floaty because the game was designed to be played at 60fps, not 50 (but the freeware version plays at 50fps). Cave Story+ and other releases that play at 60fps feel significantly less floaty because of it.

Sep 27, 2015 at 10:51 PM
Been here way too long...
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
The game being loaded to the brim with fetch quests, the moon-like jumping physics, the good ending that you would probably need at least one if not two or three walkthroughs in order to get on your first playthrough, etc.
Fetch quests - yeah that one's legit but I wouldn't day it's loaded to the brim
Jump physics - ...that's a flaw?
Can't get the best ending on your first play through - Jesus fuck why is it so damn hard for you people to understand that you're not supposed to get the best ending on your first playthrough? There's a reason the game is littered with hints on how to get it, after all.

Sep 27, 2015 at 10:56 PM
Its dark in here
"Deaths: 4000"
The game being loaded to the brim with fetch quests, the moon-like jumping physics, the good ending that you would probably need at least one if not two or three walkthroughs in order to get on your first playthrough, etc.
there was nothing wrong with the fetch quests, and each one had a sort of uniqueness to them. playing games where you fall fast when you jump and can only jump a little less than your own height aren't fun.

Sep 27, 2015 at 10:57 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
I suppose, but it's just weird for your character to jump as if he/she is on another planet when the game clearly takes place on Earth. At least games like Super Metroid kind of justified their weird-ass jumping physics.
Well, you are on a giant floaty island, maybe that would affect the gravity to some extent?

Sep 28, 2015 at 2:06 AM
Based Member
3) Pixel draws inspiration from the guy who made Jenka's Nightmare.
I heavily disagree with you on this point. Jenka's Nightmare is an impressive mod, no doubt, but Pixel doesn't have to take inspiration from some mod someone made of his own game in order to make a good sequel to his own game. It was Cave Story that inspired Jenka's Nightmare, not the other way around. I certainly hope you're not insinuating that you think the creator of Jenka's Nightmare is superior to Pixel. I'm also going to have to disagree with you with an extra passion because you specified that you think Pixel should take inspiration from one of the two people who made "finished" versions of Jenka's Nightmare, rather than the original creator himself.

Sep 28, 2015 at 6:25 PM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
Can't get the best ending on your first play through - Jesus fuck why is it so damn hard for you people to understand that you're not supposed to get the best ending on your first playthrough? There's a reason the game is littered with hints on how to get it, after all.

I think it'd be fine if it took you only 1 normal ending playthrough to figure it out, but the clues are all so cryptic and scattered that it'd take you 2 or 3 playthroughs at the least to figure it out on your own, I'd think.

Sep 30, 2015 at 6:00 PM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
I'm a bit conflicted on a sequel to a game that had a nice ending with no plotholes in sight. Cave Story was fun, but... was anyone really screaming for Cave Story 2? What I'm looking forward to is a prequel about the events before Cave Story, when Quote and Curly battled against Miakid(o).

Sep 30, 2015 at 7:13 PM
I'm a bit conflicted on a sequel to a game that had a nice ending with no plotholes in sight. Cave Story was fun, but... was anyone really screaming for Cave Story 2? What I'm looking forward to is a prequel about the events before Cave Story, when Quote and Curly battled against Miakid(o).

That's exactly what I was thinking; however, the game did have a lot of side-plotholes in it, which a prequel would probably do a better job of cleaning up than a sequel would.

Sep 30, 2015 at 7:14 PM
Deliverer of Sweets
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
Sep 30, 2015 at 7:17 PM
War criminal
I can think of one: What happened to Mr. Little after Quote forgot to take him to his family? Was he kidnapped forever? Did his family die of famine just because he didn't show up? Find out next time...in CAVE STORY Z!!!

Oct 1, 2015 at 11:51 PM
I can think of one: What happened to Mr. Little after Quote forgot to take him to his family? Was he kidnapped forever? Did his family die of famine just because he didn't show up? Find out next time...in CAVE STORY Z!!!

Apart from kind of wanting to know what in the hell happened to Jack, I would also like to actually see, in person, what Ballos did to his homeland, among other...little things like that.

Oct 1, 2015 at 11:54 PM
Veteran Member
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
Apart from kind of wanting to know what in the hell happened to Jack, I would also like to actually see, in person, what Ballos did to his homeland, among other...little things like that.
:momo::momo::momo::momo::momo:We all know what you want to see happen with Jack.:momo::momo::momo::momo::momo:

Oct 2, 2015 at 12:59 AM
:momo::momo::momo::momo::momo:We all know what you want to see happen with Jack.:momo::momo::momo::momo::momo:

I've already shipped him with King, no need for it to become canon (even though it most likely secretly already was canon). What I really want to see on the actual game(s) is his real family/friendship ties with King and Toroko, how he escaped (if he did), how he actually got his glasses, etc.

He's actually a rather strangely interesting character with a truly massive amount of unexplored story potential, which (apart from him naturally being very cute and adorkable) is the main reason why I completely fell in love with him all the way back on my very first playthrough of this game. <3

Though yes, him sleeping with Chako would be very hot OwO

Last edited:
Oct 2, 2015 at 1:17 AM
tem go to colleg and make u prouds!!!
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
He's actually a rather strangely interesting character
no
no he really isn't
he's a random NPC whose main reason for existence is to block the gate to the cemetery temporarily and occasionally provide story information
he is about as significant as the character's mother in pokemon

Oct 2, 2015 at 1:21 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
I bet he likes FNAF too

Oct 2, 2015 at 1:41 AM
no
no he really isn't
he's a random NPC whose main reason for existence is to block the gate to the cemetery temporarily and occasionally provide story information
he is about as significant as the character's mother in pokemon

In this case, I just enjoy the irony of making such a minor character seem major. Also, I just prefer him that way XD