Cave Story 2?

Feb 25, 2015 at 11:18 PM
tem go to colleg and make u prouds!!!
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
Bionicobot said:
I just really wish that Pixel could make a new game...
It's not like it's been years since he's made a new game. Kero Blaster came out just a little while back, the man needs some time. Making games isn't exactly at the top of his list of priorities.

Feb 26, 2015 at 4:03 AM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
GUYS

IMG_20150226_060129.JPG

Could it be?
Super 1001 Spikes Turbo?
That means?

Feb 26, 2015 at 4:20 AM
tem go to colleg and make u prouds!!!
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
no
it's an update

Sep 24, 2015 at 7:10 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
It has been several years ... has not gone Cave Story 2, suppose we fans have been waiting for the second part of this great game Why no Cave Story 2? .. I do not know if you know anything about this comment.

Sep 24, 2015 at 7:21 PM
Veteran Member
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
I'm afraid it's never going to happen. It was hinted at Pax South, but that was just a joke. But if you have not already, you should get Kero Blaster. It was made by the same guy who created cave story and is quite fun.

Sep 24, 2015 at 7:40 PM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
This has been discussed many times... there most likely won't be a Cave Story 2.

Sep 24, 2015 at 7:46 PM
War criminal
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Cave Story 2 is coming out on September 31st, 2017, during a leap year, when the planets in the solar system align.

Sep 24, 2015 at 7:53 PM
Deliverer of Sweets
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
By the time Cave Story 2 becomes a thing, Half Life 3 will be out for years.

Sep 24, 2015 at 8:39 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Sep 25, 2015 at 2:39 AM
lol
Modding Community Discord Moderator
"All your forum are belong to us!"
I see Cave Story 2 like a Mario game where Bowser dies for good and Mario gets an actual kiss from Peach, it'll never happen. Unless the planets do align and God descends and gives Pixel like a million dollars (Probably a billion if God was in a good mood).

But if there were a Cave Story 2, it'd beg the question: What plot would Pixel go for? I've seen mods like Lost Land where it brings the story to a greater depth with character development while keeping it very similar and well done. And the mod currently in progress Beneath the surface where I'd assume it takes place on or "Beneath" the surface. But otherwise it'd be hard to predict where Pixel would take it, plus most characters and their stories are resolved, death or not.

Sep 25, 2015 at 4:56 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
By the time Cave Story 2 becomes a thing, Half Life 3 will be out for years.
You wish. Half Life 5 maybe?

But yeah, it ain't happening. Pixel has said numerous times over the years that he has no plans for a sequel. Pixel has made only one game sequel in his entire life, and that was Pink Heaven, and only because he wrote an ambiguous ending to Pink Hour in order to lead into it.

Last edited:
Sep 25, 2015 at 9:36 PM
Its dark in here
"Deaths: 4000"
And the mod currently in progress Beneath the surface where I'd assume it takes place on or "Beneath" the surface. But otherwise it'd be hard to predict where Pixel would take it, plus most characters and their stories are resolved, death or not.
that's not a mod.

the problem is that I don't think Pixel has any interest in making a sequel to cave story.

Sep 27, 2015 at 10:51 AM
lol
Modding Community Discord Moderator
"All your forum are belong to us!"
Well I'm not personally not sure if it's a mod because I'm always conflicted with multiple reasons.
But it begs the question: Why not Cave Story 2? Is it because there isn't enough plot ideas to work with? Too much character developments ended? It just lingers endlessly and annoyingly.

Sep 27, 2015 at 7:51 PM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
I'm honestly not sure if this game needs a sequel. Bravo to the creator if he manages to make one, but I sincerely doubt that it will live up to, let alone top, the original unless:

1) All of the infamous gameplay flaws of the original game are seriously addressed.

2) Pixel somehow manages to come up with a plot as genius as the one he wrote for the original game, or perhaps even more so.

3) Pixel draws inspiration from the guy who made Jenka's Nightmare.

4) Pixel composes a soundtrack that is at least three-quarters as good as the one from the original game.

I could go on with this list, but we'll probably be here all night. Let's just hope that the sequel doesn't turn out feeling tacked-on and unnecessary. That would be wise indeed.

Sep 27, 2015 at 8:12 PM
Professional Whatever
infamous gameplay flaws?

Sep 27, 2015 at 8:15 PM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
infamous gameplay flaws?

The game being loaded to the brim with fetch quests, the moon-like jumping physics, the good ending that you would probably need at least one if not two or three walkthroughs in order to get on your first playthrough, etc.

Sep 27, 2015 at 8:15 PM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
The game being loaded to the brim with fetch quests, the moon-like jumping physics, the best ending that you would probably need at least one if not two or three walkthroughs in order to get on your first playthrough, etc.
Those are mostly legitimate flaws, but I'm not sure they're note-worthy enough to be "infamous".

Sep 27, 2015 at 8:20 PM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
I still love the game though
No but in order to be "infamous" flaws, they should be flaws so bad that they're well known by a lot of people, perhaps even more so than the game itself. Like if you said "Cave Story" and people were like "Oh yeah, that game with all the fetch quests and the impossible to get best ending", those flaws would be infamous. That is, if it was those flaws that people remembered more than anything else.