Cave Story 2?

Jan 25, 2015 at 3:20 PM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Seriously guys, it isn't real. We clarified all that on the last page.

Jan 25, 2015 at 3:42 PM
Forever 12
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
Welp, real or not, I'm still waiting for Cave Story: Beneath The Surface

From what I've seen, that game looks like a true sequel

Jan 25, 2015 at 6:02 PM
tem go to colleg and make u prouds!!!
Speaking of which now he has to cancel it because cave story 2 totally officially confirmed
we're all waiting tsuba

Jan 25, 2015 at 8:55 PM
Perpetually out of it
Oh no the pressure
What am I going to do

Jan 25, 2015 at 11:37 PM
"Huzzah!"
We are over-reacting. I think it was stated that pixel changed his mind? (He's not going to do it?) Ignore this, I fail.

Jan 25, 2015 at 11:46 PM
thinks dogs are cool
"All your forum are belong to us!"
illiteracy &knuckles

Jan 26, 2015 at 10:42 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I don't know why you people are frowning upon this? The fact that this simple indie game, constructed for four years by Pixel alone, has been loved for an entire decade, is beyond amazing. You should all be ecstatic over the fact that a sequel is most definitely in the works. Pixel will most definitely be working on it, so the heart and soul is still there, this time he just gets some extra help to make the time it takes for it to come out even sooner. Not to mention they could make this sequel look graphically beautiful, beyond what we think Cave Story could possess.

So I suggest this to, you my fellow Cave Story fans: Appreciate that there are people who want to keep this game alive, and create new stories to carry on it's legacy. Shame on you for moping about it.

Jan 26, 2015 at 10:56 PM
Professional Whatever
TOO MANY TIMES
WE HAVE DISCUSSED THIS
TOO MANY TIMES

Jan 26, 2015 at 10:56 PM
tem go to colleg and make u prouds!!!
Cave Story 3D said:
most definitely
this is a joke right
this whole post is a big sarcastic joke and i'm just really oblivious?

Jan 26, 2015 at 11:55 PM
Member Title
"All your forum are belong to us!"
A friend sent me this article, so I came to the CSTSF to see what you guys thought. I agree in stating its existence is dubious at best, but I am also willing to suspend my disbelief. I don't know how I would feel about a prequel/sequel to Cave Story. The closest comparison that comes to mind is the anime Cowboy Bebop. Adding more content to the original tale could disillusion us (the audience) to the charm of the original (Also see: Cave Story DS et al).

Jan 27, 2015 at 12:05 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Thatnamelessguy said:
this is a joke right
this whole post is a big sarcastic joke and i'm just really oblivious?
Am I missing something? What did Pixel say about a sequel?

Jan 27, 2015 at 12:07 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
Cave Story 3D said:
Am I missing something? What did Pixel say about a sequel?
"It's not going to happen"

Jan 27, 2015 at 12:08 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
It'd be silly if they weren't doing any collaboration with Pixel for a sequel. Even to some degree he'd have to give feedback.

Jan 27, 2015 at 12:32 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Cave Story 3D said:
I don't know why you people are frowning upon this? The fact that this simple indie game, constructed for four years by Pixel alone, has been loved for an entire decade, is beyond amazing. You should all be ecstatic over the fact that a sequel is most definitely in the works. Pixel will most definitely be working on it, so the heart and soul is still there, this time he just gets some extra help to make the time it takes for it to come out even sooner. Not to mention they could make this sequel look graphically beautiful, beyond what we think Cave Story could possess.

So I suggest this to, you my fellow Cave Story fans: Appreciate that there are people who want to keep this game alive, and create new stories to carry on it's legacy. Shame on you for moping about it.
You missed the photo that marks this rumour as utterly false. This is someone's joke that has been spread around by wishful thinking.

It should be noted that Pixel works best when he is creating something new. His working process creates a naturally evolving game that constantly changes throughout development rather than a game that follows any developmental roadmap. So a sequel would be ill suited to how Pixel builds games.

Plus a sequel has been asked about to the point of being downright annoying. There is also the matter that Pixel has said that he has "no plans" for a sequel, more times than I am ever willing to count.

Not to mention that some of us wouldn't want to see a sequel be restricted by deadlines and feel incomplete as a result.

Jan 27, 2015 at 7:45 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I actually was admittedly giddy when I heard about the PAX news. Then I saw the screenshot and it fell apart, not to mention if it were real, I'd assume it would mostly be by Nicalis themselves and just sorta feel like another fan-sequel.

I'd love for a real CS2, but with how old it's become and how uninterested Pixel apparently is (could've sworn he said he wanted to before, though) it just feels like asking for HL3, Chrono Trigger 2 or even a Mario RPG sequel all over again. And worst case scenario we still have modding going on anyways.

Though who knows. It looks more like a joke, though wishful thinking also says it could be a teaser-within-a-joke as has been done before. I guess the best thing to do is keep expectations low and just continue like normal.

Jan 27, 2015 at 8:17 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Better if CS developers could release a source code to modding more. Always if someone wants release secong game (sequel/prequel) it always finish for thinking about releasing 3rd, 4th... part. This is annoiyng. So please don't release CS2 developers....