Cave story 2

I need a modding team, is anyone up for it?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 30, 2020 at 1:02 AM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
?

i didnt work

Jun 30, 2020 at 1:10 AM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
This.png
Trade the Npc Set 1 or 2 for NpcPriest.
Npc set 1 is Priest
Npc set 2 is Ballos

Jun 30, 2020 at 1:12 AM
"Huzzah!"
most entity sprites only display if their spritesheet is set to the map, excluding ones in NpcRegu and NpcSym

so for example, misery's default entities (floating/standing) will show up no matter the map's settings, because they're stored in NpcRegu, but, say, her possessed form won't, because that's in NpcMiza (someone could probably explain this better but yeah ¯\_(ツ)_/¯)

Jun 30, 2020 at 1:13 AM
War criminal
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
most entity sprites only display if their spritesheet is set to the map, excluding ones in NpcRegu and NpcSym

so for example, misery's default entities (floating/standing) will show up no matter the map's settings, because they're stored in NpcRegu, but, say, her possessed form won't, because that's in NpcMiza (someone could probably explain this better but yeah ¯\_(ツ)_/¯)
Adding onto this, if you're unsure which entity reads which bitmap, you can always refer to Npc.tbl feature in CE or BL. This can be especially useful if you wish to use entities that aren't typically seen in the same map together and see if you can make them fit or not, or even change their assigned bitmap to.

Jun 30, 2020 at 1:17 AM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Adding onto this, if you're unsure which entity reads which bitmap, you can always refer to Npc.tbl feature in CE or BL. This can be especially useful if you wish to use entities that aren't typically seen in the same map together and see if you can make them fit or not, or even change their assigned bitmap to.
good to know

ok but what if i made both tilesets priest and it doesnt work

Jun 30, 2020 at 1:23 AM
War criminal
if you want to see what i did so far can you give me your email address
*ahem* Asking for someone's email address is kinda a red flag, and you can just post the link to the mod here, anyway. Here's a few file hosting sites that you may use.

Also, please use the Edit button instead of making consecutive posts after your last without proper reason. It shouldn't be taking 3 people who isn't a moderator to tell you so.
p373646-0-0jgna1.png

Jun 30, 2020 at 1:24 AM
this is what i did so far

but eli was right about tile sets and when it was set on priest all the mimigas looked weird
also the ballos head by the graveyard freacked me out
the curly booster thing was just a joke and im gonna remove it

*ahem* Asking for someone's email address is kinda a red flag, and you can just post the link to the mod here, anyway. Here's a few file hosting sites that you may use.

Also, please use the Edit button instead of making consecutive posts after your last without proper reason. It shouldn't be taking 3 people who isn't a moderator to tell you so.
p373646-0-0jgna1.png
i thought it cost money, sorry

Jun 30, 2020 at 1:35 AM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
for example, in MediaFire compile the folder in zip or rar

Jun 30, 2020 at 1:46 AM
I guess I could make an email that everyone uses so we dont have to keep sending each other stuff
right now im uploading the mod to my drive which i made a new email today
but if you dont want to remeber the username and password here you go https://drive.google.com/drive/my-drive

Last edited:
Jun 30, 2020 at 1:49 AM
"Huzzah!"
...or you could just use discord

Jun 30, 2020 at 1:51 AM
i have discord but it looks like no one else does

Jun 30, 2020 at 1:52 AM
War criminal
i have discord but it looks like no one else does
If only there was a way to build some sort of server on discord to invite people over with a specialized link.

Jun 30, 2020 at 1:52 AM
I already made a server i have the invite

is anyone gonna join?

please do

Jun 30, 2020 at 10:53 AM
"Huzzah!"
Can I just quote a post I really like that was typed in a very similar situation?

"nobody wants to help you

don't try to argue with me, this is an irrefutable fact
people may say they'll help you, but they really don't want to

if you want your mod to exist, you need to actually make it yourself

because, again
nobody wants to help you

accept that as fact and do it yourself "

Now, it seems that times have changed, but still, sometimes a "nudge in the right direction" is what you need.
Of course that message counts if you don't have any experience and you're trying to get someone who doesn't know you to work with you(uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh, yeah, never seen that before.)
To be honest, I think the strongest point against this is that you may as well give up on the project 5 minutes into it because it's too hard, or you have another commitment, etc...
I might be totally wrong though, since you said that you have made mods before. If that's true, can we see them? If not, may I suggest you start with something a little less ambitious than a Cave Story 2 mod?
I want to conclude by saying that I have nothing against you, in fact you kind of remind me of myself(just a little) when I first started.

Jun 30, 2020 at 7:31 PM
Can I just quote a post I really like that was typed in a very similar situation?

"nobody wants to help you

don't try to argue with me, this is an irrefutable fact
people may say they'll help you, but they really don't want to

if you want your mod to exist, you need to actually make it yourself

because, again
nobody wants to help you

accept that as fact and do it yourself "

Now, it seems that times have changed, but still, sometimes a "nudge in the right direction" is what you need.
Of course that message counts if you don't have any experience and you're trying to get someone who doesn't know you to work with you(uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh, yeah, never seen that before.)
To be honest, I think the strongest point against this is that you may as well give up on the project 5 minutes into it because it's too hard, or you have another commitment, etc...
I might be totally wrong though, since you said that you have made mods before. If that's true, can we see them? If not, may I suggest you start with something a little less ambitious than a Cave Story 2 mod?
I want to conclude by saying that I have nothing against you, in fact you kind of remind me of myself(just a little) when I first started.
thats not really true the first cave story game actually had a team, and it pays of when (hopefully) people thumbs up are game

Jun 30, 2020 at 7:37 PM
War criminal
thats not really true the first cave story game actually had a team
Except Pixel had the games to show he can not just only manage making a fully fledged game like Cave Story, but also show he can hold a team.

Jun 30, 2020 at 8:30 PM
Except Pixel had the games to show he can not just only manage making a fully fledged game like Cave Story, but also show he can hold a team.
i want to hold a team but Ive never had one I only wanted one because there was NO WAY I could do this alone..

Also I deleted my mods on accident, Trying to save space on my computer, I could remake them but.....

Last edited:
Jun 30, 2020 at 8:31 PM
Deliverer of Sweets
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
i want to hold a team but Ive never had one I only wanted one because there was NO WAY I could do this alone..
Have you considered starting out with a project with a more modest size than a full on sequel.

Jun 30, 2020 at 8:39 PM
yes I have made mods before like I said but now I want to atleast try to make a sequel, if it fails for some reason (It wont because I have good modders with me) then I will Try to start over.... I really want to make a sequel

Status
Not open for further replies.