Cave Story 2: Rise of the First Son, My Forum Book

Mar 24, 2011 at 1:34 AM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
This is my forum book, I will update it every once in a while, you can comment on it if you want, I will try to respond:

Cave Story 2: Rise of the First Son

By Royal Tyler
Original Game By Daisuke Amaya

You're going to have to know the whole story of the original game to understand this, this is a follow-up to the best ending.

Chapter 1: Back to the Island

Curly’s Narration​

Me, Quote, and Balrog where planning to leave our cozy surface home we built all by ourselves by a pond in the woods around noon, and arrive in the newer Mimiga Village at dawn. We just had lunch, and I eagerly scarfed down my food to leave as early as possible. I was swaying my legs back and forth on the bench by the house rapidly impatiently waiting for Quote and Balrog to finish eating.
“Can you eat any slower?!” I exclaimed from outside the house.
“We’ll be there soon enough,” Quote yelled calmly back from inside the house.
Quote had always been quite and layback when I was more chattier and adventurous. I don’t know how that could possibly make a couple, but hey, I guess opposites attract.
I waited and looked at the pond and the garden by the house. When we first arrived the garden had came as a later idea. Sometimes in the early morning when the grass was wet with dew ducks arrived in the pond. Balrog, being his jolly self, fed the ducks with bread we stored in the cabinet on these mornings. The pond also had fish that would jump right out of water at times in mid-summer. Some days Quote would go fishing when this happened and one time we even ate them! I don’t get how two robots and a toaster can eat fish without frying, but I guess anything is possible.
Our house was yellow with a blue roof, and had big double doors to get in in the front. The grass was lush and had grey smooth stones on them to get to the front door. I thought of these things to pass the time away and eventually they came out and where ready to fly.
Balrog had a large sleeping bag strapped to his back. At the Mimiga Village there was a small motel and Balrog could not get inside. He thought of going to find a place to sleep outside the buildings of the Mimiga Village where nobody would think he was left behind luggage at night. He was planning on sleeping in Sandaime’s farm and telling him in advanced. Me and Quote where going to rent a room at the motel for the night and then we would all meet up in the morning. We had talked to Mahin, Kanpachi, and Lily on our computer.
Lily was a mimiga raised near Grasstown and recently moved to the Mimiga Village to meet more people. The Mimiga living at the Mimiga Village use the teleporter computer to talk to people outside the village and the island. We reserved a room because there are only three rooms there and we would hate having to find someplace else.
We also had the Map System and a small digital camera along with water, chips, bread, and cereal incase we got hungry. The Map System was for if we got lost, and the camera, well you can probably guess that. We had planned on staying a week. Last time we went to the island it was only for 3 days and the major reason was to go to King and Toroko’s funeral. A lot of mimiga there cried. I admit I got a little teary when they were saying Toroko’s prayer. Quote layed down King’s sword on his grave.
But we are leaving now. Me and Quote got up on Balrog. I sat on the left side of Balrog’s top far enough so that my feet where not in his eyes. Quote layed his head down on Balrog’s rolled up sleeping bag on the right side.
“Are we ready?” Balrog asked when we both got on.
“Yep,” Me and Quote responded simultaneously.
“HUZZAH!!!” Balrog then exclaimed joyfully as we took off into the sky. There was a slightly bumpy jump and then we went into a smooth glide. Balrog had boosters equipped to the back of him to allow him to jump high and rise when flying. I looked down at the house as we flew into the air. I liked looking from heights seeing how things got smaller and smaller. The first time we flew AWAY from the island I was kind of worried deep down inside and Quote looked slightly unsure. But the first time we left our surface home I didn’t feel worried.
We got higher and higher in the air, and as I looked at the clouds and down below I felt more anxious to arrive at the island. I was mainly anxious to see my children, or you could say the mimiga children I took care of. Misery had been at the funeral for King and Toroko (They were on the same day) and told me that they were all alive and well. When I was away they were sent to a place in Grasstown where they were taken care of by Chaco and Santa. I didn’t get to see them though because we didn’t have enough time and we all wanted to get home. We were tired; we didn’t have a place to sleep because we weren’t aware of how much the island changed. But now we knew that, and we had a plan, it was going be a vacation. A good vacation.

************​

We arrived at the island around late afternoon, 4 or 5ish if you know what I mean. We were on the stone white balcony and were going to visit Misery. We walked along the grass and stone until we arrived at brownish gray shack Misery had redid to make her own. Professor Booster originally used it as a study place but after the Demon Crown was destroyed he moved to the surface and now Misery lives here. When we got to the front door it flew right open surprising use all.
“HELLO!” Misery exclaimed, “I sensed you all were coming.” From the back of me and Quote we heard Balrog.
“Aaack!” He yelled irritated “Help me up please.” Quote and me grabbed on to his sides and Misery helped grabbing on to the top of his head. We then all gave as much force as we could to push him up, me and Quote being functioned for using brute force, and Misery using some of her magic to get more push power. Then in a couple seconds he rose back on his feet.
“Don’t scare me like that,” Balrog said in an aggravated tone.
“Oh, don’t be like that, I was just excited to see everyone,” Misery replied joyfully. Ever since the Demon Crown was destroyed she had been much more happy and lively. I think she was starting to care a little bit more about island too. Being a slave the crown had made her depressed and sometimes made her fly into a complete rage she had told us, but now she was free.
She had brought inside the small shack and she went over to the counter and took out 4 cups. Balrog entered by side walking, like a crab. The shack was small, yet it was clean and had that cozy homey feeling that you get in your own home. I was looking around her house when all of a sudden I heard running water.
I looked back at Misery and 4 teabags fell into the cups out of nowhere, 1 per each cup. She was making tea! She then put her hands in some sort of ninja symbol, and it looked as if she was concentrating hard, but the back of her head was facing me so I couldn’t tell. After a couple seconds, steam was rising from the cups! Misery couldn’t do anything like that before, or at least I think so. Quote looked impressed too, but Balrog didn’t. I think he knows Misery well and would know about this. After a minute or two Misery took out a plate and put the cups on them. She then took the plate over and put it on the table we were sitting at.
Misery sat down too, and right when she did Quote spoke up.
“How did you learn to boil water like that!?” He asked surprised.
“Oh that,” She replied, “I’ve been studying magic ever since I became free of the crown thanks to you and Curly. Magic can come in handy in almost any situation, heck; my mother wouldn’t have even bothered with magic if it wasn’t for that reason!”
“What are working on now?” I asked interested.
“Fusion,” She simply stated. We were all in shock now,
“WAIT, WHAT!” Balrog exclaimed, “What kind of fusion are you talking about? I’m impressed.”
“Ha, It’s really nothing.” She replied humbly “I’ve tried hard on metal fusion but I haven’t quite done it yet, it requires intense heat and it is hard to do two spells at once, because doing a spell means thinking intensely about that one thing, and it’s hard to think of heat and fusion at the same time. I have done dead wood fusion though; combining living things is a whole new subject and doing that goes much later.”
“Can we see?” we all asked eagerly at the same time.
“Ha,” she laughed “Ya, after tea.” We chatted about other things as we drank our tea until it was gone.

************​

Misery’s Narration​

“Meh, I’ll bother with fusing the legs back later,” I replied to them as they gathered around the half-sized table. Four pieces of wood gathered around on the top of the table, I was planning on making the shape a square because the last time I made the same legs an X. I felt like trying harder and being unique.
“Are you ready?” I asked them with slight eager.
“Yep” Balrog replied with Quote and Curly having the slightest delay.
“Ok then."
They looked down at the table with wood about to move as I closed my eyes. I then rubbed my hands together as I imagined four long rectangles. The first two slowly moved together and then made a 90% degree angle. I hope this happened in the world outside my imagination, I was always worried with newer techniques in front of guests. I then imagined the other two doing the same as the others. I then thought hard as the last unconnected ends connected together making a square with a large square hole in the center.
I slowly opened my eyes and there it was on the table!
“Yes!” I exclaimed with triumph as they looked in awe, I did it! It was easy!
“Wow!” They all said simultaneously.
“I’m keepin’ this one!” I exclaimed.
“What about the legs?” Balrog noticed.
“Ah, I’ll get extra wood for it and fuse em’ later,” I replied wanting the simple square badly. I had a good idea to use for. For a gift.

************​

Curly’s Narration​

We were just about leave when all of a sudden Quote was rummaging through our bag of supplies. He took out the Map System but quickly put it back in. He then took out the camera.
“Let’s take a picture.” He responded on taking it out.
“Yeah, good idea,” I replied.
We all gathered by Misery and we placed the camera on the counter.
“Bleep! Ching…” It went as it took a picture. We were about to leave out the front door when Misery stopped us.
“Wait!” She responded.
“What?” We answered in a regular way.
“Take the square, you can use it as a picture frame!” She handed Balrog the square being the last to leave.
“Thanks!” We replied with a slight unexpected happiness.
“Where are you headed?” She asked. “To the Mimiga Village."
“I can take you there easily.” She concentrated again for a quick second, and then all of a sudden the scenery changed. We were in the Mimiga Village instantly almost!
“Thanks, Bye!” Balrog replied after we arrived.
“Glad to help, Bye!” She responded, and then she was gone. It looked as though she evaporated. We looked at where we were when she was out of sight; it looked like we were in the center of Mimiga Plaza. The Mimiga Village really had grown ever since we the war. They said, the last time we visited, that they expanded it because now there was no threat of it being destroyed. It made sense.
We decide to take a walk around the Village. We had sometime to spare because we were there an hour early. There was a clothes shop, a toyshop, and a food vendor in the Plaza. There was also a small arcade with about 5 games; the people on the surface had donated them all. I think one was even donated by Sue and the rest of her family. Close by to the Plaza was a small sports field. The Mimiga made the their own game. It looked like a combination of Basketball and Soccer. I think there were ten mimiga playing the game. They were all unrelatetable, but I think I saw Mahin by the food vendor, having an argument with the owner. We continued down the path, we saw a small fancy restaurant, well compared to the mess hall it was small, a park, a couple houses, a large public bathroom (I guess there wasn’t a lot of bathrooms in the Mimiga Village) the motel we were going to stay in (we had to be in by 7:30 for them not to cancel our room, and we would have to repay the small fee. It was 6:20 now so we had lots of time), a couple other places, and at the end of the circular path that connected back to Mimiga Plaza was Mimiga Heights.
It was a tall tower that was light brown and had dark brown letters painted of the building saying the name.
We went in seeing Jack there by a dark wood office desk; it wasn’t rude just to walk in because the double doors were see-threw glass. Upon coming in Jack raised his head.
“Oh,” He responded, “It’s you.” He put his head back down to do some paper work, but then all of a sudden he stopped writing and looked up again.
“Oh my god it’s you guys!” He exclaimed with joy.
“ I didn’t even now you guys were coming here, it was all a surprise!” He added to his last comment.
“We knew you would be surprised so we didn’t say anything,” I explained to him.
“Well that’s nice, here, I’ll reserve a room for you at the motel.” He offered.
“We already reserved a room.” Quote simply stated, he stole the words right out of my mouth.
“That was a good idea, there are only 3 rooms there; I bet you know.”
“We do; that’s why we reserved a room.” I replied. We expected him to say something back, but he paused for a second instead.
“Do you have a Map System with you?” He then asked, almost randomly.
“Sure, why?” Quote responded.
“When did you get it?” Jack asked.
“The first time I arrived in the Mimiga Village.”
“Oh that thing, that’s very out of date, take this.” Jack scrambled threw a cabinet in his desk and took out something that looked slightly larger than the Map System we had, but that was because the screen was bigger. It was also slimmer. He handed it to Quote.
“Take this, it is updated and is even in color! My friend Achida found an old one and updated it. He made 5! He took the basic microchip and edited it; this is the one he edited. The other ones he made from scratch, copying the basic structure. This one works better than the rest, or at least that’s what he told me. I think they are all good! He’s a computer wiz!” He elaborated.
“Thanks! This will help me navigate the island. The last time we came I checked the old Map System and it showed how the island looked before.” Quote explained.
“Don’t mention it, but hey, I have a lot of paperwork to fill out because this new guy named Baron is going to live here in Mimiga Town. We can talk later if you want, ok?” Jack explained back, he was being nice though. I wouldn’t like somebody talking to me when I had to do a lot of work, but he was generis when saying this, he wasn’t angry.
“Sure.” Quote replied. We left and when we did Quote turned on the new Map System.
It was updated! It was colorful as Jack said, and you could see the whole town. They renamed they place Mimiga Town. You could chose if you wanted a side view or birds-eye view. It even had a GPS!
“We have about 45 minute to spare before we have to go to the motel, It’ll probably take us 30 minutes to eat, and then 10 to get to the it.” I theorized as I looked over the Map System.
“Let’s go to the restaurant, I don’t feel like having something simple.” Quote replied.
“Ok then let’s go!” Quote then tapped the restaurant we had seen when we arrived.
“Travel Time: 2 minutes at average walking speed taking shortest route, less than 1 minute taking a motor mobile at average speed taking shortest route. Continue?” The machine had said in a monotone computer voice. Quote tapped another thing that said yes. All of a sudden a yellow path appeared on the screen, showing were to go. We followed the path at a slightly fast pace. When we got to the front of the restaurant the device said in the same voice as before.
“Welcome to your destination.” We got there in around 1 minute and 45 seconds; the thing was pretty accurate. We all tried to get inside, when all of a sudden I heard a smash from above me. Me and Quote looked up, the doorframe was too small for Balrog to come in!
“Oh, do you want to go to the mess hall?” I asked him.
“Nah, you two can go in.” He replied.
“No, it’s okay, we can all go to the mess hall.”
“No really, I insist, I won’t take no for an answer.” I sighed.
“Okay.” Me and Quote went in as Balrog went the other way. We really owed him a lot. He saved our lives in the Sacred Grounds; He moved the rock in the Labyrinth, and many times he lost the chance to go in places because of his size, and it wasn’t even his fault. Now for humans and other creatures, it was their fault, but Balrog was made that way, large. I really felt like doing something for him. I think Quote felt that way too, but I really didn’t know about that. I decided not to think about it now, but I would later.
Me and Quote sat at a table that was near the back away from the large windows. A Mimiga couple was sitting near us by another round table. A waiter came up very shortly after we seated. He paused for a second, but then went on walking. We were probably the only people he say who WEREN’T Mimiga.
“Hello, I am Cody and I will be serving you today, here is you menus.”
“Thank you.” I replied as he handed us a set off two menus, which were light brown. The had the name of the restaurant on them in fancy Italics ‘Ammon’s Diner.’ It was a nice name if you ask me; it was the one of the only places I had seen in the Mimiga Village that didn’t have the word ‘Mimiga’ in their title. Cody walked away and I looked threw my menu. As I flipped threw some of the items, some unusual, some ordinary, I found something that struck me.
“They sell Fuzz Core here!” I yelled, surprised noticing how loud I was. The guy from the table heard me, and was just about to yell back me with anger when he then noticed I wasn’t a mimiga, and I would be surprised.
“Oh yeah, they do, it’s delicious, it just melts in your mouth like cotton candy. It’s great with orange flowers.” He said admirably.
“Thanks.” I responded back, more quietly then last time. Quote looked at me and told me what he was ordering.
“I think I’ll get the Chinfish Ribs.” He told me.
“That sounds good too, but I’m gonna get Fuzz Core Barbeque.” I replied back.
“I wonder if Kanpachi caught the Chinfish?”
“I wouldn’t be surprised if he did.”
“I know but that thing is HUGE compared to a mimiga, especially one like Kanpachi.”
“Yeah, but he caught me after the Living Waterway incident, didn’t he?”
“I know that, but a fish swims, puts up a struggle, and the Chinfish is about the size of me.”
“How would you know that?” “I saw one when I was getting Toroko’s Necklace in the Reservoir.”
“How would yo-,“
“Ok, if we keep talking like this, we are going to get in an argument, and then we are going to pull out our guns.” I felt slightly childish after that one, so I decided to stop talking about it.
“Sorry,” I replied back.
“It’s okay I just didn’t want you, me, or anybody else getting hurt, and that’s why I had to end it like that.” “Okay then, let’s just try not to go somewhere like that again okay?”
“Okay.” Our waiter then came up again shortly after our agreement.
“What drinks would you like?” He asked politely. I had never thought about that; I quickly came up with a decision.
“I’ll just have water.” He then looked over to Quote.
“I’ll have that same.” He simply replied. Cody took out a small note pad and wrote something on it, most likely water.
“And have you thought about food?” He asked after writing. We told him what we decided on before. After writing down something else he looked back up. He paused for a second in that same questioning way like last time.
“Would you like some flowers on that?” He then asked letting it come out. I thought; the other mimiga did say they were good. I’d try them.
“I’ll have some orange,” I replied making up my mind. He looked over to Quote like before.
“No, I won’t.” He wrote down some more and left.
“Why’d you get flowers?” Quote asked, almost shocked.
“I felt a little adventurous, I felt like trying something new.”
“Hmm! I didn’t get some because I didn’t want to not like it in the end. Though I would choose blue if I had to pick.”
“Really, Why?” Our conversation continued from there, until our food came up.

************​

“Here is your food,” He announced as he placed the food down. He walked away after putting it down into a door near the front window.
I got a tender looking meat that was a slightly dark red, sort of roundish, and was covered in a thin layer of a liquid that sort of looked like maple syrup, but darker. There were also orange petals that were around and on top of the meat. Quote’s ribs had some bones poking out, and the meat had a slightly darker color than mine. I decided to pick up a pick up and orange petal and try it. I picked one up from the rim and looked at it for a second. I then threw it in, chewed on it some, and swallowed it. It had a slightly spicy, yet a slightly, almost sugary taste too. The after taste was smooth and quenched the fire of the spice. You can tell I am over dramatizing the taste, but it tasted good.
The middle of the table had 4 sets of silverware rapped in napkins. 2 of the sets were blue with white stripes and read “Traditional.” The other 2 were red with the same white stripes and read “Surface.” I was going to use the Surface silverware but I wanted to see what the Traditional looked like. There were 3 utensil all made of metal. One was long and thin and looked like a small spear but the tip was long, it most have covered one third of the utensil. The next one looked a lot like an ice cream scooper but the holding part of it pointed right out and was thin. The last utensil looked like a knife with a slight curve in the bottom. I wrapped the silverware back up in the napkin and traded it for the surface. Quote had just started eating and was paying attention to his food. I took out the knife and cut a piece of the meat. It almost felt like thin air when I cut threw it! I took the piece with the fork and tasted it. It tasted a lot like lamb, but with a hint of spicy and sugary too. I only had lamb once in my life but I remember it tasting good.
We took around 20 minutes to eat and we talked about the taste after the meal. Quote was very interested in the taste of the orange flowers. He even had one! There were some left on the plate, he seemed to enjoy it.

************​

Cody had later come out after we were done eating.
“The chef would like to speak to you.” He had stated, “It seemed as though it was very urgent.” I was surprised and then curious; why would the chef like to see us?
“Sure, that would be fine,” Quote had answered interrupting my train of though. We followed Cody to a door in a wall next to the entrance. The walls in the diner were a dark blueish – purple and then I had just noticed how clean the whole place was. The walls had a slight shine and the grayish – blue tiles had some reflectiveness to them. The entrance had white tiles and there was some carpet near the entrance. The kitchen was even tidier than the dinning area; I couldn’t think anything could get cleaner! I was surprised for all the mimigas that could walk in the diner there were only 3 that actually worked in the kitchen. When I was eating I only saw 2 waiters; only 5 mimigas worked here! Well there must have been a cleaning crew too, so maybe not that. All of the mimigas in the kitchen wore blue slightly long robes, black shirts, and a red name-tag with white letters. They all wore different pants though. The first mimiga I saw was named Borris, and looked a little bit like Itoh. His left ear had a brown spot on it and he wore dark green baggy pants. He was cutting up some dark brown meat with a large metal knife. The next mimiga was Lily! I guess she had 2 jobs, working at the motel and the diner. She looked kinda like Toroko but mostly Sue. She had a yellow elastic tying up some hair on the top of her head. Her eyes were mostly green with a slight hint of blue and she wore light blue jeans. She smiled as she dropped some yellow flower petals in some sort of soup that was in the middle of cooking in a large metal pot. A marvelous aroma filled the air when she did, it smelled like meat, vegetables, and broth with a slight reminisce of vanilla. Lastly we came to Ammon. He looked like Jack and a little bit like Kanpachi as well but with slightly longer ears and legs. The fur on his head was in long tufts and was tinted brown. Cody had let him know we were there.
“Ammon, Quote and Curly are here!” Ammon looked up from throwing the exoskeleton of what looked like a basu, the large bugs that lived in the Egg Corridor, in the trash and then seemed to mouth to himself ‘Oh my god it is actually them.’ Cody left and Ammon introduced himself.
“Hello, I’m Ammon, and it is great to see you, I hoped it wasn’t a bother to come back here.” I then replied.
“No, no, not at all.”
“So did you guys really save the island?”
“Well we couldn’t have done it with the mimigas and the others on the island.”
“No, don’t glorify us, we didn’t do anything.”
“No, really, you all helped us push on, and if it weren’t for King and Arthur than none of you would be here when we so much as learned of the island.”
“Oh, okay, but it was great to meet, I only learned of you recently.”
“Bye.”
“Goodbye, hope to see you again.”

************​

We left the restaurant at around 7:00, so we had plenty of time to get to the motel. When we left Balrog was already there waiting. It was starting to become dawn though; the lights had already turned on.
Mimiga Town was beautiful at night. All the buildings had a bright yet soft glow that lit-up the stone pathways with a peach colored light. Sure, there were no stars to look up at, but you always had a sense of safety there. I was also always comfortable when in the Mimiga Village.
"How was your dinner?" Balrog asked in a kind tone when we walked out.
"Oh it was good," I replied back "How was your's?"
"It was good, they had a lot of Pignon meat there, but they also had Behemoth Liver, which looked a lot better than a giant mushroom being on my plate so I had that."
"Did you see any mimiga that we know like Kanpachi or Sandiame?"
"I saw Mahin and Kanpachi, I got to talk to Kanpachi but not Mahin."
"How was he?"
"He sounded good, he even said he caught 2 chinfish the other day, 2 in one day!"
I eyed quote smirking when I heard this and I saw him laugh under his breath.
"Well," Quote had then broke in "Should we go to the motel, we will probably be there around 7:10 if we go now."
"Yeah," I responded "It would be safe just to let them know that we are here."
I paused for second then added to that.
"Plus I am pretty tired after the flight and everything."
"Okay then, I am too."
Quote unstrapped the small leather backpack tinted yellow. He stored the camera, the map system, my Nemesis, the Spur, the Bubbler, the Machine Gun, and most of what he had gotten from the island in our adventure. He still wore the silver fish necklace he got from Toroko, though. At the funeral he was trying to decide to put it on Toroko's grave or not, but he decided to keep it. He kept the end of it in his tank top because he wanted to keep it concealed. Only me and Balrog knew of it, though I think Misery may know so too.
Now that I think of it when we left the island the first time he let me put some of my equipment in his bag. When we found the forest we wanted to built our house in we had slept by a campfire for multiple nights. The next day, after we arrived there I had remembered putting my stuff in his bag. I got his bag and looked for my Nemesis, Machine Gun, and Fuel Rods. As I looked threw the bag Quote seemed to notice me and then orbit me nervously. I asked him what was up with him, while gesturing with my right hand and searching threw the bag with my left. Then I felt a silky cottony like fabric I seemed to remember touch my left hand. I pulled up the fabric and it was my panties! I had worn this specific par most of the time because I liked how they looked and felt, I was looking all over for them on every single day after Quote left my house. He was such a pervert! I stopped talking to him for a couple days after that but eventually gave up and started talking to him again.
Quote kneeled on the ground as he searched threw the bag and pulled up new the Map System almost instantly. He put in the command to go to the motel and then it spoke in the same voice as before.
“Travel Time: 12 minutes at average walking speed taking shortest route, less than 1 minute taking a motor mobile at average speed taking shortest route. Continue?"
Quote hit continue and the path on screen quickly showed up. I noticed how the paths we walked on lit up with a light blue. It was because the color in me and Quotes eyes glowed because of LCD that usually stayed blue. Balrog's eyes lit up with white LEDs that always stayed that color. I looked slowly back and forth between the handheld device and the lit up ground and wondered if life would be any better being human if I had a choice.
I sometimes felt like there was information that robots could not grasp and I wondered if humans could grasp it. I also wondered if life would be simpler at times. I mean as a human in the same situations that I have already been in. I knew as a robot with metallic skin I had gotten injured less badly. But I also knew humans felt injury differently. As a robot when we had injury we just get kind of discouraged depending how bad the injury was, and as I human, well, I don't understand. I had asked Sue one time what it was like to feel pain, but, she could not explain. It seemed strange, robots seemed to know what more things were than humans.
There are somethings that you see everyday, but you don't specifically know how to define it, for instants color. You see color everyday, but, it is not really there. It is not energy or matter, so, what is it? Life is also another thing that falls in this category. What is the meaning of life? That is what has been asked since the beginning of time, no life-form has ever answered this, and they probably never will.
There was no need to think about this though. We were about to approach the motel soon.
Mimigas still walked the town, but less than what we arrived at 6:00. The street lights were actually never needed, they were actually just there for humans and others who could not see in the dark. Mimigas could see in the dark, or at-least better than humans could. I had seen how humans could not see in the dark on the TV we had in the living room. Robots could see in the dark, though when it started to come to that everything grew with a slight tint of green. At the moment nothing was green, though it could start at any time, I could just feel the tint starting to seep in.
We had now arrived at the motel. I knew it would get really awkward from here; because of Balrog having to leave of course.
The Map System had spoke.
"You have arrived at your destination." It said dully. Quote tapped something on the screen and the device turned off. He then reached to his back to put the device in the bag.
The motel was, as you could have guessed, rather small. It seemed to stick in a wall of the dark brownish gray rocky cavern with a slight tint of green do to some very small plant life that grew in almost every cavern of the floating island. These green plants I had seen grew most abundant on the ceiling of the cavern, though I could not see them now because it was completely dark. I had seen mimigas have to scrape these small plants off the bottom walls of the cavern because they made the village slightly, unpleasant, when they grew in large bunches. The upper walls of the cavern where so high up though it was no use to have to try and scrape them off.
The motel's walls were made of a dark wood, and the roof was flat and made of a sort of stone I could not explain, painted blue, though some of the saturation was lost. The motel had windows on it's right side, which gave off a homely glow. Above the front door there was a sign made of gray iron with black letters carved in it that read 'The Mimiga Motel.' Why did every place have to have the word 'Mimiga' in it's title? The front door was a single door, and was made of surprisingly clean glass.
Lily was not there at the moment, but Mahin and Kanpachi were. Both of them had not noticed us yet; they stood behind a light colored wood counter with very smooth by the looks of it, white with slight patterned swaying lines of gray, marble tile on top of it. The floor inside was made with the same tile, though I could see the hall leading to three rooms was floored with light red carpet. Not pink, but a red that lost some saturation like the roof had. I could see the roof was never meant to loose it saturation though, the carpet was meant to be like that. I could not see the back wall of the hall at my current view, though the walls were like the outside walls, a dark brown wood. There was round whitish yellow lights on the ceiling of the hall. The ceiling of the whole motel was completely light sky blue and with rough bumps on it. There was a metal grayish blue door behind the counter as well, but I was not as curious about it as much as I was for me and Quote's room.
Balrog was behind Quote and me when he had stopped my focus on the inside of the motel.
"So I guess I will be going now?" Balrog had said with a questioning tone.
Me and Quote turned to face him. I did not know how to respond to that. If I said 'Yeah I guess' it could offend him, though that is all I could think of saying at the moment. There was no offer I could make at the moment either, unless it was 'We could go back to the house' and we weren't gonna do that now, we had gone so far.
At this point I think Quote noticed a nervous look in my face, though I did not feel too nervous, and Balrog didn't notice anything either, because if he did he would have apologized for almost nothing, being the kind of person he was. Balrog had always been quite joyful and careless, though he never wanted to hurt anything unless he was plain out forced to. He actually grew fearful I have noticed when he hurt something emotionally, thinking it would never like him again or something like that, and he grew with despair and incredible sadness when he hurt something physically when he never meant to. He seemed to grow less; confident, after leaving island, maybe because of not being under the demon crown, maybe because of knowing he would never have to fight much anymore, I don't know.
"Oh, yeah, I guess so. Though we will meet up again tomorrow. Okay?" Quote had asked after taking a quick look at me.
"Okay then." Balrog said back, though he seemed to notice something. He paused, and then left down the large light tan stone path leading to Sandaime’s farm.
I know it was going to be awkward. In moments like this Balrog's confidence showed in a bad way. He loved the people he had grown close to a lot, though he made it awkward at times like this.
Quote seemed to notice my head being hung down with a slight red glow under my large blue robotic eyes, my eyelids coving them in a way to make them look rounded down at the top. Along with my mouth drooping ever so slightly.
"Hey, don't be upset, he will cheer up. Plus it is only one moment in our lives." Quote had replied to my body poster.
I rose my head to look at him, though my face was still the same.
"Are you sure?" I questioned.
"Mmhm." Quote went while slightly nodding his head.
My face grew a smile, and my eyelids no longer drooped across my eyes. Though, the blush was still there. All of a sudden his face grew a slight blush on it and his smile grew bigger.
All of a sudden my body urged me towards him, and my brain followed. I almost leaped towards him; yet he still stayed standing, even for something as unexpected as that. My arms were around him and my head was hung over his right shoulder. I hadn't realized what I had done till now, and my face burned red hot.
Quote's arms were over mine, though his arms weren't around my back;and his face was even redder then mine.
The ground beamed an amazing crimson.
All of a sudden his blush grew less, his face went from shock to a small smile with eyelids closing over eyes drooped, and he put his arms of over my back.
We were enwrapped in a tight hug for what mere seconds seemed like minutes. I know this is always said, but it is true.
After that long while we unwrapped and faced each other. Our faces were still bright red, Quote looked at the ground, his black hair over his face and his face remained the same, though his eyes were open and his left hand scratched the back of his head.
I looked up at the sign.
I would remember this place.

************​

We had just walked in the motel and we had both forgotten about the scene. Mahin and Kanpachi were arm wrestling, there was not much work to be done probably. Kanpachi forced Mahin's arm and hand on the in facing side of the table.
"YEAH!!! I WON!!!" Kanpachi said as he jumped up high in the air, pointing at Mahin and almost hitting his head on the rough ceiling. That would hurt.
Mimiga could jump insanely high compared to how high humans could jump. Quote and me could also jump as high as the mimiga because of powerful pistons in our legs. This came in great handy when jumping across heights and getting to ledges. Though the Booster still came in great handy. With the Booster, almost any high could be obtained, even if you were a human!
In the middle of jumping Kanpachi seemed to notice us.
"Oh it's you guys! You are really early you know that? It's onlyyy..." Kanpachi lengthened the Y as he looked at a clock with a brownish silver metal rim around it that was round to the right of him. There was an hour, minute, and second hand, each one red, blue, and white. The numbers were in white roman numerals, and the dashes were white too.
"7:13!" Kanpachi shouted surprised.
"You guys are here early!" Mahin added.
"Well, after we did all that we had to today, not only Curly and me, but also Balrog as well were all tired." Quote had replied.
"Yeah, I bet! You had to pack, eat, fly over here, and eat some more! How is Balrog anyway? I hope he was not upset." Mahin responded sympathetically.
"Oh he is good, he wasn't upset. He is sleeping at Sandiame's Farm, which seems like a pretty peaceful place to sleep. We also saw Misery." I said back.
"Oh, how is Misery?" Mahin asked.
"She is doing pretty well too. She has learned a lot of magic recently." Quote replied.
"She even knows how to fuse things!" I added on.
"WOW!!! THAT'S SO COOL!!!" Kanpachi exclaimed, jumping high again.
"Yep, she has seems to have learned a lot." Quote replied. There was silent pause in us all. I know silence in groups can often be awkward, but this time my body seemed to take it in. I was more tired than I thought.
"Well, you could go back out, or you could go to your room now, it doesn't matter." Kanpachi said reminding us of our options.
"I think we'll be hitting the hay now." Quote responded, he did sound tired as he spoke.
"Well we won't stop you. You know you're room is number 2, right?" Kanpachi reminded us again.
"Mmhm." Quote sounded back as we both walked towards the hall.
I noticed as we walked in the room that there was a teleporter in the back! There was a golden plate on the top of the it with black letters on it that read 'Main Square.'
I also noticed that room had the some plate above it that read there numbers.
The inside of the motel room was impressively clean! There was not objects that were to impressive, but it was well organized and clean.
The bed was a queen sized double bed as we expected. The blanket on the top was thick, and mostly white but also had small black and white stripes. There was two big white pillows, and one small black pillow in between the two.
There was a dark smooth mahogany quarter circle shaped drawer with 3 sections and a small shiny blue radio on top of it. The other side had the same thing but no radio, instead an alarm clock. The radio was too small to present the time.
We all agreed that we would meet up when we woke up. If one of was not outside the place we slept, we would go to the other's place and wait. We would be sure to meet up with each other if we all woke up at the same time.
There was a large drawer in front of the bed, made of the same color and texture mahogany.
The middle part was thin and flat with nothing on it. I could just tell if a lot of wait, probably 75 pounds, was put on that middle section than the drawer would break. That part was probably for putting stuff on, like a laptop.
The left part was almost identical to the shelves on the sides of the bed, but rectangular. There was nothing on top of it. It probably had the same purpose as the middle part.
The right part was the same as the left part, but with a regular sized reddish black telephone on top of it. The phone was to the to the right side in the port, leaving the buttons to be on the other side. There was directions on how to put in a number on the number side of the phone.
The carpet was tan and the walls were white with lines in them. The left side of the bed had one of the same two windows on the right side of the building. All the rooms probably had a window in them except the 3rd room, do to the end of the building being in the wall.
The ceiling was white, though rough exactly like the hall. There was a single light in the room that was also like the lights in the hall.
While I was walking around the room and looking over it Quote took of his brown boots and put them on the right side of the bed along with his yellow bag. He took off his hat delicately along with the silver fish necklace. He put the necklace on the empty drawer, placing his hat on top of it.
"Are you coming to bed too?" Quote asked quietly.
"Oh, yeah." I responded in a regular tone.
I kicked off my shoes. I was happy and at peace. I knew nothing bad could happen on the island now that the demon crown was destroyed and could never possibly come back. And if something bad did happen, it wouldn't be too bad, the worse that could happen was that maybe the Guadis could come to the Mimiga Village threw teleporters, and that was very unlikely because the only place there was a teleporter was Chaba's shop, and even though he was a Guadi, he was nice and would probably try and stop the other Guadis from getting to the teleporter for that reason. And he had guns to protect himself to so he could use his guns to stop them.
I got under the blanket, rested my head on the pillow, and closed my eyes.
Little did we know the new adventure that lay ahead of use.

Author's Notes:

Please reply if you see an error, I will gladly edit them, I hoped you enjoyed reading this. You can reply about anything involving the story, actually. I will try to update as soon as I can.

Next Chapter (If I ever get this one done): A Frenzied Balrog!

Yes, there will be a little bit of Quote X Curly in this, not much but some. If you can't deal with it then don't read it. There is also other character development too so don't worry.

Mar 24, 2011 at 6:06 AM
"Huzzah!"
only had time to read a few lines.
first chapter - quite instead of quiet
and from the looks of it... its pretty awesome

Mar 24, 2011 at 10:22 AM
Demon taming, headphone wearing, casanova
"All your forum are belong to us!"
Please make the next chapter soon im liking this fanfic and want to see the next chapter.

Porfavor haz el proximo capitulo pronto me esta gustando esta historia i yo quiero ver el proximo capitulo.

Mar 24, 2011 at 7:09 PM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
DAISUKE Amaya.

Not Diasuke.

:l

Mar 24, 2011 at 7:20 PM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
Rashno said:
DAISUKE Amaya.

Not Diasuke.

:l

Thanks, I am going to try to type this for 2 hours today all of you so I may be done with this chapter AND the next, so come back later on today it may be updated. Oh, and it's going to be an adventure book if your wondering.

Mar 24, 2011 at 7:42 PM
Tommy Thunder
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
Wow! this is possibly the most incredible fanfic I've read in my entire life (Even better than Teers in the Rane!). Can't wait for Chapter 2!!1!

Mar 25, 2011 at 7:06 AM
Been here way too long...
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
Grammar Nazis will murder you D:

Mar 25, 2011 at 9:24 PM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
Vercci said:
Grammar Nazis will murder you D:

Why? Where did I get my Grammar Wrong? Oh, and I was sick yesterday, I am almost done with Chapter 1, but I don't want to post it till I'm done.

Mar 25, 2011 at 10:05 PM
Only Love, Maximum Love, Forever
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Tpcool said:
Wow! this is possibly the most incredible fanfic I've read in my entire life (Even better than Teers in the Rane!). Can't wait for Chapter 2!!1!

Agreed.

Mar 25, 2011 at 10:47 PM
Hyperbolic
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
A question. Is the size of a post maximized? It could pose a technical difficulty to you in the future if so. Write some more hundreds of pages and the book is done :p

Mar 28, 2011 at 2:50 AM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
I updated today, I'm still kinda sick. I'm over my dad's half the time, and the book is on my mac which is strictly kept at my mom's, and that's why I can't work on it alot. I'm amazed at how much I've done though, I wrote one book for fun one time and it was in total about as long as this, and that was the whole book. But that book sucked monkey ballz.

Apr 14, 2011 at 2:50 AM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
Hey you guys, sorry about not updating in a while, I have had a lot of work to do involving science and ELA. I would understand why any of you are mad at me, and probably nobody is checking my book anymore. I will put a ton of updates next week though, so be checking. This is because April Vacation, and I may even get the book close to finished, though I shouldn't be saying that, being my perfectionist self. But as I said, check up, and I'm sorry.

Apr 14, 2011 at 3:04 PM
Hyperbolic
Good luck m8

Apr 20, 2011 at 12:23 AM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
Guys, I may be canceling this, just because I am not as into doing it as I was before, I'm sorry you guys for pussying out, but I can't write this without it being five thousand pages long. Well, not five thousand, but you get the point. I feel so bad doing this, I truly HATE abandoning my ideas, but I really have to. It is a real problem I have, the real good ideas I have such as this never get out on paper. If I can do anything to have you guys know the story I will. I am considering doing a shortened version of this, but that will become me writing WAY to much. What could also happen is I write the shortened version, and I look at it, and I think it's shit. That is what happened to the first, and only book I wrote. A problem I have now that I didn't have before was that I procrastinate WAY to much, that is why I haven't gotten this updated recently. The whole time I was just jerking around looking up all kinds of things on the internet. I did have to work on a science experiment, but let's face it, I DEFINITELY DIDN'T have all my time consumed by that. I hate myself for this, I'm sorry you guys.

Apr 20, 2011 at 12:26 AM
Tommy Thunder
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
royaltyler said:
Guys, I may be canceling this, just because I am not as into doing it as I was before, I'm sorry you guys for pussying out, but I can't write this without it being five thousand pages long. Well, not five thousand, but you get the point. I feel so bad doing this, I truly HATE abandoning my ideas, but I really have to. It is a real problem I have, the real good ideas I have such as this never get out on paper. If I can do anything to have you guys know the story I will. I am considering doing a shortened version of this, but that will become me writing WAY to much. What could also happen is I write the shortened version, and I look at it, and I think it's shit. That is what happened to the first, and only book I wrote. A problem I have now that I didn't have before was that I procrastinate WAY to much, that is why I haven't gotten this updated recently. The whole time I was just jerking around looking up all kinds of things on the internet. I did have to work on a science experiment, but let's face it, I DEFINITELY DIDN'T have all my time consumed by that. I hate myself for this, I'm sorry you guys.
Awww...:pignon2:

Apr 20, 2011 at 12:28 AM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
:pignon2: :p :( WHY DO I DO THIS!!!
p123556-0-crying.gif
p123556-0-crying.gif
p123556-0-crying.gif

Apr 20, 2011 at 12:25 PM
Creating A Legacy...
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
Yo man sup?

Apr 20, 2011 at 3:00 PM
Hyperbolic
royaltyler said:
:( :( :( WHY DO I DO THIS!!!
p123556-0-crying.gif
p123556-0-crying.gif
p123556-0-crying.gif

Well you`ll get famous if you finish it. You`d be that guy "who has written a whole Cave Story book" :)

Much better title than I have for sure "The crazy doctor guy who spams these forums..."

(I`m not actually crazy just bored) :p

Apr 20, 2011 at 6:46 PM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
:) :) :)

Thinking of that I may continue, I think I may continue. I may have just been down becuase I have not finished chapter 1, plus becuase I don't have a thought for the middle of the book, only the beginning and the end. Okay you guys, I will continue the story, thanks TB. You really helped.