Cave story 2 DEMO

Jul 11, 2013 at 12:25 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Hi every one, I made a mod, a follow to cave story 4th ending, beceause in this mod, King and Toroko aren't dead.
Download link
<removed 4 virusez>
The full version will be posted before 5 august.
Enjoy, and give me some feedback.

Jul 11, 2013 at 2:58 PM
Based Member
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Oh hey, wow, a mod that regards the events of my fourth ending! Thanks for seeing such value in it, I really appreciate it! I'd love to play your mod, but the first time I tried to download it, my anti-virus software detected malicious software attached to DoConfig.exe, and when I tentatively tried it two more times just to see what would happen, I was told the page was no longer available. Any chance of re-uploading it?

Jul 11, 2013 at 6:05 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
HaydenStudios said:
Oh hey, wow, a mod that regards the events of my fourth ending! Thanks for seeing such value in it, I really appreciate it! I'd love to play your mod, but the first time I tried to download it, my anti-virus software detected malicious software attached to DoConfig.exe, and when I tentatively tried it two more times just to see what would happen, I was told the page was no longer available. Any chance of re-uploading it?
Will this work?
<removed 4 virusez>

Jul 11, 2013 at 7:23 PM
Based Member
I'm able to download it all right now, but then when I scanned the rar file, I got this:
CaveStory2virus_zps3812dea4.png

I'm not going to touch this until you upload a clean copy.

Jul 11, 2013 at 10:03 PM
Forever 12
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
HaydenStudios said:
I'm not going to touch this until you upload a clean copy.
I agree, just for my own safety.

Jul 11, 2013 at 10:10 PM
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
Making a clean copy would be a bit hard, because his computer seems to be infected with a worm. The worm altered the .exe file so it will spread to anyone executing the file, but i doubt it was with any malevolent intent on his part.

On the other hand, i've searched "salicode" and i first found a semi-recent post from someone getting false positives on this virus with avast. So i really don't know if it's just false or not...

Jul 11, 2013 at 10:37 PM
Tommy Thunder
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
ElecMaw said:
On the other hand, i've searched "salicode" and i first found a semi-recent post from someone getting false positives on this virus with avast. So i really don't know if it's just false or not...
Well, I just scanned it myself and Kaspersky says it's also bad.

Jul 12, 2013 at 4:14 AM
Amaya
Discord Group Moderator
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
False positive or not, Sality really isn't the type of virus you want to mess with. It is pretty much Grand Overlord of all viruses :balrog:

I definitely wouldn't want to take the risk. Good luck trying to get rid of it, I don't think I'll be touching that link until it's definitely confirmed free of Salicode.

Jul 12, 2013 at 6:35 AM
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
I've just tried it out too, and yeah it's bad.

In fact, when i scanned the .rar file with MalwareBytes the mod just vanished from it's folder (EDIT: I think it was my other scanner interferring and got rid of the .rar file) and i got a notification salinity was detected and quarantined, so that's just a bit worrying.

Jul 12, 2013 at 6:52 AM
Professional Whatever
Yeah see I'm not sure why you guys would continue to download it after the first issue with virus detection and not just leave it be

Especially since you KNOW that it's a vicious virus

Jul 12, 2013 at 12:52 PM
Forever 12
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
Quote Hell Master, Maybe you should try some Anti Virus disenfecters like Microsoft Security Essentials.
Just suggesting.

Jul 13, 2013 at 12:18 PM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
Quote hell master said:
Hi every one, I made a mod, a follow to cave story 4th ending, beceause in this mod, King and Toroko aren't dead.
Download link

The full version will be posted before 5 august.
Enjoy, and give me some feedback.
Your program have virus, they right. I tired for your download I only check, I got anit-virus as well.

Jul 13, 2013 at 7:28 PM
Been here way too long...
I have a hunch OP isn't coming back. If the speculation that a worm infected the exes is true, it means such a worm is on his computer actively infecting everything else, and it's surprising his computer didn't burst into flames upon trying to run any editor, the original exe, this exe for testing, and the internet browser itself.

There's also the fact that this topic is his only posts on the forum at all, which leads me to speculate that either he deliberately infected the exes under the intent of passing it to us, or he created these exes under file names similar to the original game to cause something malicious to occur when run.

Either way, whether bystander or active virus passer, I think a moderator should probably delete both download links until OP can upload a clean exe (if at all).

Jul 14, 2013 at 4:18 AM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
I'll try this on my Virtual Machine, if you'd give me the download link.

Jul 14, 2013 at 4:39 AM
Based Member
ChimeApple said:
I'll try this on my Virtual Machine, if you'd give me the download link.
There's still a link in the quote in EddieERL's post a few posts above, so you can download that.

I'd be interested in seeing what happens.

Jul 14, 2013 at 4:45 AM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
p171053-0-cbcbjzbbcznbcznbzmbxcznbxcnbzcnx.png

Think of it as you will, Windows 7 Ultimate won't let me bypass an event such as this. I'd only assume this is a virus that reroutes internet servers via proxy. That's my analysis of course, a professional may be able to continue such a request. (No pun intended...)

However, I've noticed the file size is a little small. This would support a claim such as rerouting servers via proxy. I'm sure the Cavestory executable would go unedited, leaving the address to work on something in the background.

Jul 27, 2013 at 2:23 PM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
I have another computer wich hasn't any anti virus, so I tried your mod on it, and I can say that this game is AWESOME!! :orangebell: :mahin: :droll: :pignon:
The end of the demo was very surprising, and I think some of the theories in the forum helped you.
Anyway, great mod, can't wait to see the full version. :toroko:

I have another computer wich hasn't any anti virus, so I tried your mod on it, and I can say that this game is AWESOME!! :orangebell: :awesomeface: :pignon: The end was very surprising, and I recognize some of the theories in the forum.Anyway, great mod, can't wait to play the full version. :mahin: :debug:

Aug 5, 2013 at 6:48 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
quote789 said:
I have another computer wich hasn't any anti virus, so I tried your mod on it, and I can say that this game is AWESOME!! :orangebell: :mahin: :droll: :pignon:
The end of the demo was very surprising, and I think some of the theories in the forum helped you.
Anyway, great mod, can't wait to see the full version. :toroko:

I have another computer wich hasn't any anti virus, so I tried your mod on it, and I can say that this game is AWESOME!! :orangebell: :awesomeface: :pignon: The end was very surprising, and I recognize some of the theories in the forum.Anyway, great mod, can't wait to play the full version. :mahin: :debug:

There's no viruses, Right?

Aug 5, 2013 at 8:22 PM
Giving it my all and shooting for the moon.
Modding Community Discord Admin
Vinnis said:
There's no viruses, Right?
There are viruses...

quote789 just didn't use common sense and instead infected his whole computer...