Cave Editor Display Problem

Jul 9, 2009 at 3:20 AM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
With all the problems some people are having with getting CE to display correctly, I have made a little test program to hopefully help me solve the problem.

Link

If every works fine you should end up with a window like this:
diph.php

Basically what it does is displays an image in one of the 3 methods I use in CE. If you get a 0 instead of a 1 next to one of the boxes it means that the function failed. There's also a CImage compatibility button to let you know if your OS supports CImage at all (the program will probably crash on execution if it doesn't, but just in case).

I guess that's it. I made a minor change when creating this image display test that might fix the problem. If you are having errors getting CE to display correctly, give this a try to help me figure out what's wrong.

Jul 20, 2009 at 7:41 AM
Hax on....Hax off....
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
I'm trying to switch to Cave editor and yes, I have this problem. I tested the program and everything worked except for "Using DrawPart" on the second program in the link.

It also said Cimage was supported. So I'm not all that sure what could be wrong

Jul 20, 2009 at 3:55 PM
Hoxtilicious
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Yeah it doesn't show a 1 on the DrawPart() function but it draws an image there anyway.

Jul 20, 2009 at 7:49 PM
Cold Agony of Resolute Vacuum
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
Uncy Dave said:
I'm trying to switch to Cave editor and yes, I have this problem. I tested the program and everything worked except for "Using DrawPart" on the second program in the link.

It also said Cimage was supported. So I'm not all that sure what could be wrong

Right-click your desktop > Properties > Settings > Set "Color Quality" to 32 bit, if possible.
If you can't make note of the number ie. 16, 24.

If the above didn't work, under the options pane of one of the more recent versions, enter the above number into the space provided.

Jul 21, 2009 at 12:04 AM
Hax on....Hax off....
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
Yes!
Thanks for that!
CaveEditor is working perfectly now!