Cave Con 2011

Oct 14, 2011 at 6:07 AM
Been here way too long...
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
We're holding a Cave Story convention, featuring everyone's favourite forum members! You're not invited, of course. That would be silly.

It is taking place tomorrow (or today, depending on where you are). It is being held at Fort Lace. Special guests are:
Me
WD
Yakkers
Noxid
And Lace is hosting this glorious nexus of charisma.

We won't be doing anything Cave Story related, just hanging out and bein' buds. I just called this Cave Con 2011 because I need a name and it was catchy.

Now I'm sure you're all dying to know details about this convention that you're not invited to and just found out about. That's why I (and maybe the other four people!) are going to keep you updated, so that you can feel like you're right there with us! We're going to be having way more fun than you, though, so just try to imagine what that's like. I want the forums to feel involved in this event, because they are the reason it's happening. We wish more of you guys could come, but you don't all live in New England/have loads of money.

So as I have made clear, the meetup hasn't happened yet, but since I live in the ass end of Canada, it's going to take me a while to get to Fort Lace. That is why I am typing this in the Vancouver Airport! It's an overnight flight to Montreal and then to Boston. Totally worth it though. Plus, seeing Vancouver from the sky at night was cool!

Ha ha I made you all read a blog post.

I'll let other members of the forums tell you about their travels if they want. I'm getting a bit tired from all this excitement and I don't remember how I planned on making this post cool.

Oct 14, 2011 at 6:28 AM
We did a survey to see which members lived where and how far they were willing to travel. Even if you had filled it out (or wait, did you, I can't remember), you wouldn't have gone all the way there.
But we wish you did, so that's why this thread is a thing.

Oct 14, 2011 at 6:34 AM
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
Sounds fun.

Oct 14, 2011 at 6:51 AM
A old relic from older days
"..."
I am unaware of this survey, you bastards clearly hid it from me so I'd be alone. I slave all day over a hot paint.NET to supply you guys with a mod and this is how you repay me?

Screw this, I'm outta here. (╯ಠ_ಠ)╯︵ ┻━┻

Oct 14, 2011 at 7:19 AM
daughter of chivalry
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
Cripplechair said:
I am unaware of this survey, you bastards clearly hid it from me so I'd be alone. I slave all day over a hot paint.NET to supply you guys with a mod and this is how you repay me?

Screw this, I'm outta here. (╯ಠ_ಠ)╯︵ ┻━┻

....really? v__vc

Oct 14, 2011 at 7:50 AM
"..."
WD said:
....really? v__vc

Yes. I'm horribly offended that you didn't invite me to a fictitious location because of an innocuous survey I didn't know about, and now I'm leaving the forums because of it. Hope you're happy.

Oct 14, 2011 at 7:53 AM
daughter of chivalry
Well...alright then. I'm sorry you feel that way.

Oct 14, 2011 at 8:18 AM
"..."
Oh lordy I really hope you're just playing along, of course I'm kidding.

Oct 14, 2011 at 9:19 AM
daughter of chivalry
Oh dear god you scared me D:< Don't do that again!

Oct 14, 2011 at 10:57 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
I would call it MiraiCon because that's the name I've had in my head for years now.

Oct 14, 2011 at 12:26 PM
"Huzzah!"
I would have loved to come, but i'm unemployed and British... And i cant swim.

It would have been awesome to meet you guys in person. Well have a great time and remember to use protection ;3

Maybe there will be an opportunity sometime in the future, heres hoping ^^

Oct 14, 2011 at 1:28 PM
http://imgur.com/EuvCtsQ
"In Soviet Russia, graves keep YOU!"
damn you all and your non lack of money

if you don't have all the fun, I will be disappoint in you all
ALL THE FUN
ALL OF THEM

Oct 14, 2011 at 1:36 PM
Pirate Member
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
Why not invite me.

Oct 14, 2011 at 4:54 PM
I'm pretty sure we invited everybody who frequents irc and did the survey. I believe you said that you were poor and Lithuanian.

And desu you fail at snarkasm.

Oct 14, 2011 at 5:35 PM
Only Love, Maximum Love, Forever
Aw I'm kinda jelly I'm not gonna be there >:
West coast and also being 16 is lame, but I only have to do the latter for 2 months and the former for 2 years.
I'll see you guys eventually D:

Also well played, Cripplechair.

Oct 14, 2011 at 5:37 PM
Damn thing hasn't started yet and I'm ready to sleep until Monday.

Important points:
-Trudeau airport is a shithole. Wait, that's not true. I thought it was a shithole until I landed in Boston.
-Logan airport is an actual shithole.
-Who the fuck sleeps on planes, that is shit's for narcoleptics. I got one hour of sleep.
-Been feeling nauseous to various degrees since then. I was so tired and hungry that I forgot that I packed food, and the starvation may have contributed to this. I do not get airsick, and it got worse while I was in the airport.
-Equal Exchange Cafe is right across from North Station and it has delicious cookies and hot chocolate. Also delicious wifi.

Walking and riding around Boston has really helped the nausea situation. It's a neat place, and, ironically, the only place so far I've been able to get fresh air. It smells like the ocean, but not the gross seaweed part of the ocean. That shit is nasty. There's a dense fog hovering right above the city, so all the taller buildings disappear into it. Pretty cool. Too bad it's so dirty here. Oh, and people have Boston accents.

Did I mention there was a red alert at Trudeau when we landed? There was a thunderstorm, and although we landed in it, we weren't allowed to port in it. We sat on the tarmac for a while. That's what a red alert is. Fun time to feel sick.

I just thought I'd tell you about my day, since I spent most of it close to throwing up.

Oct 14, 2011 at 5:41 PM
Only Love, Maximum Love, Forever
Sudden onset nausea is best nausea

Oct 14, 2011 at 6:22 PM
daughter of chivalry
@Lace: I'm going to use the "it was late and I was tired" excuse

@Fab: Bawlls...well at least you're feeling better and...goddammit you're in Mass now. That's so cool. Enjoy those annoying-ass accents.

@Sexplosive: I don't even need money :D

Oct 14, 2011 at 6:30 PM
/end
Captain Fabulous said:
but you don't all live in New England/have loads of money.

I'll be there!