Camera Trouble

Oct 13, 2016 at 1:23 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I looked around the web a little and found only a couple of posts mentioning the camera, most praising it for its interesting way of following the character so that he's 3/5's of the way across the screen rather than directly in the middle. I've been slowly whittling away at this game, but I haven't been able to beat it due to the camera making my dizzy every time I have to switch direction. I was wondering if anyone else has been experiencing this and what their solution, if any, was. I personally have simply played until I felt dizzy and then stopped there for the day.

I'm playing the steam version of Cave Story+. I've heard of dizziness can come to people who play first person games and I've never gotten dizzy playing anything like that. Dizziness connected to 2d games is a lot harder to research ostensibly because the former is a lot more prominent.

Oct 13, 2016 at 2:04 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Do your eyes follow the player character or do they continue to train on where the player character was? Maybe you need to defocus your eyes during the camera transition, or temporarily focus them on something on your screen or surroundings that doesn't move.

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2016 at 5:04 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Now that I think about it, I believe my eyes focus on the area just in front of the character so when I turn a lot, like when platforming, my eyes end up ping ponging back and forth a lot. I'll try variations of where I focus and see how that works.