Bubombgi Chess +

Feb 22, 2015 at 12:13 AM
Assistance
"All your forum are belong to us!"
"Bubombgi Chess +" plays much like the classic Bomberman games, along with a new puzzle-like spin on it. In BBGC+, the objective is simple. Break all the blocks in the room as quick as you can, then proceed to the next one.

Screenshots:
p194176-0-aca31359fa6ea872818f31d2ca42df1a.png
p194176-1-ae0dd32ccb5136d4d6e541b1a6d22c04.png

Gameplay Snippet Video:

3 Room Demo:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/au49hubqmy38q4i/bombu.zip?dl=0

~Full Demo coming soon~

Feb 22, 2015 at 5:49 AM
Amaya
Discord Group Moderator
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
It looks cute, and I do enjoy Bomberman gameplay. I'll try it when I get home. ^.^

Feb 24, 2015 at 12:25 AM
Assistance
Polaris said:
It looks cute, and I do enjoy Bomberman gameplay. I'll try it when I get home. ^.^
Sounds good!

Feb 24, 2015 at 12:35 PM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Everything seems to be working as intended in the demo. Pretty fun, and the art is nice.

Feb 26, 2015 at 11:57 PM
Off-screen redemption arc
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
I think this is the first time I've ever seen you type something and not scroll down to immediately see "This thread had been closed to further posting,", DT.

Feb 27, 2015 at 8:31 AM
Amaya
Discord Group Moderator
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
Did I mention that I was literally lost in the mountains for a week and only just got home? Because that's totally how it went! >.>

That aside, though...I really like what you've got so far! Starting the game is snappy and the whole thing has a stylish flair to it. Aesthetically it's pretty cute and pleasing (though I had a bit of trouble learning where I could and couldn't walk at first, mostly in the second level), and mechanically it worked as I expected with a surprise in the way explosions and bullets trigger other bombs. Maybe I haven't played enough of these sorts of games and that's a standard convention, but I liked it. Overall it's quite solid and I noted no flaws, like DT said - I look forward to playing the full demo! ^_~

Feb 27, 2015 at 10:27 AM
Assistance
Everything seems to be working as intended in the demo. Pretty fun, and the art is nice.

Did I mention that I was literally lost in the mountains for a week and only just got home? Because that's totally how it went! >.>

That aside, though...I really like what you've got so far! Starting the game is snappy and the whole thing has a stylish flair to it. Aesthetically it's pretty cute and pleasing (though I had a bit of trouble learning where I could and couldn't walk at first, mostly in the second level), and mechanically it worked as I expected with a surprise in the way explosions and bullets trigger other bombs. Maybe I haven't played enough of these sorts of games and that's a standard convention, but I liked it. Overall it's quite solid and I noted no flaws, like DT said - I look forward to playing the full demo! ^_~

Thank you! It's a pleasure to have you guys try it out!

I would like to note that the current demo available is by no means polished and there was alot of work to be done.. >_<

Here's some upcoming changelog/additions:
-The splash screen no longer ends out of pressing any key. Instead, main controls for the game will tab out of the splash screen to provide a better sense of gameplay understanding.

-Title screen is updated, in which includes a in-game controls guide and options menu to toggle sounds/gameplay modes.

-Some sprites are reworked/recolored.

-An "overworld" has been added as level selection.

-Controls have been modified. Holding shift no longer toggles bomb placement aiming. Instead, holding Z will toggle it. Pressing X will place a bomb. This decreases the chance of accidentally getting yourself stuck while you move if your ring/pinky finger is left resting on the shift key.

-Movement is slightly tweaked, eradicating a strange bug that allows the player to fly across the room while running and placing bombs at the same time.

p194182-0-ebsmyxj.gif

-An experience system has been added. Break a block, and a transparent exp shard will come out. Complete the room to collect all your hard-earned shards for experience. Be quick, because shards will disappear if you leave them out for too long. As you level up, you earn more bombs to place and stronger firepower. Shards will disappear faster the higher level you are.

-Levels will be reset if you die.-

-A dying animation is added.

-Some music tracks are added.

-A complete zone for once, with a boss(?)

Feb 27, 2015 at 10:39 PM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
The screen size was like
p194183-0-qbl8vgb.gif

But the sprites were awesome. I especially enjoyed the bomb "laughing " animations and the trail effect.

Feb 28, 2015 at 1:41 AM
Assistance
Anuken said:
The screen size was like
p194183-0-qbl8vgb.gif

But the sprites were awesome. I especially enjoyed the bomb "laughing " animations and the trail effect.
Full-screen will be available. :)