brainstorming thread until next update

Sep 2, 2008 at 1:44 AM
Lurking in the Shadows
"No! Don't OPEN that DOOR!"
since progress has been slow the last few weeks, and a serious lack of updates,(btw, gm got a new computer), i didnt want people to lose interest, so if you have any ideas, please share:)

Sep 4, 2008 at 7:31 AM
Lurking in the Shadows
Well I've been checking daily for a little over a year now and I'd really like to bring up a couple questions that haven't been updated in a while. An announced release date would be pretty epic to get around to right now. What kind of projected day for completion could you guys throw out right now though?

And in hopes of furthering the project; what kind of assistance could help complete the game at this point? I mean other parties contributing to you, not just more free time which isn't possible to donate sadly.

Sep 5, 2008 at 3:30 AM
Lurking in the Shadows
im sorry, but i have no idea how long it will be til the release. due to his dead laptop, gm wasnt able to work on the game for a few months. i dont know what part hes working on right now, and i dont think even gm knows how much longer itll be. just be patient is all i can say. it will get finished.

right now, i think maybe some monsters or environments would be nice. i could use some inspiration for some sprites. who knows...maybe your graphic will make it into the game! contact gm if you want to help.

Sep 6, 2008 at 5:33 AM
Lurking in the Shadows
Ha! A release date... Ahh, that's a good one. ;)

Anywho, would it be possible integrate more (or new) "friendly" monsters? Like the shiny bee was in the original? I always thought that was a good idea, except that a bee is kind of a lame partner to have.

Also, hi. I've been following the Zelda3C project for a good six or seven years now... Figured I'd might as well register for the forums.

Sep 7, 2008 at 6:43 PM
Lurking in the Shadows
i like the friendly monster idea, but it would have to be somewhat versatile. part of the magic of the good bee is that it could be taken anywhere in a bottle. unless, the monster followed you, it'd have to be something small. and since you cant enter houses with things following you, itd almost have to be used in a dungeon. if anyone has any ideas for some friendly monsters, please throw them out here.

btw, cacophony, welcome!

Sep 7, 2008 at 6:50 PM
Lurking in the Shadows
oh man i just got a brilliant idea! what if there was a puzzle in a dungeon where you had to find enough of these friendly monsters to stand on switches to open up new doors. you couldnt reach the switch on your own, so you had to find this monster to stand on the switch, almost like kiki the monkey from lttp. and while the thing was following you, enemies would attack you more ferociously. that would be a cool addition!:D

Sep 14, 2008 at 1:16 AM
Lurking in the Shadows
Sep 18, 2008 at 6:10 AM
Lurking in the Shadows
I would like an RSS feed for the diary, so it would be easier for me to check =D
or an e-mail notification =D

I'm never good with ideas much in my opinion, so yea I'll have to think on this =D

Sep 20, 2008 at 7:28 PM
Lurking in the Shadows
How about an enemy that moves around the room when you do, but when you throw a boomerang or fire rod at it, it bounces the shot in the direction it's facing.

Oct 6, 2008 at 1:20 AM
Lurking in the Shadows
cmon people, i know ur reading this! WE NEED MORE IDEAS!

Oct 7, 2008 at 2:10 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
darkprince909 said:
cmon people, i know ur reading this! WE NEED MORE IDEAS!
Sorry, I normally just PM Reshaper with my ideas because of this:
Reshaper256 said:
To be fair, if you post your idea here you probably won't get much feedback, as I don't want to spoil anything for anybody else.

But I like your friendly monster idea.

Oct 7, 2008 at 4:09 AM
Lurking in the Shadows
well if thats the case, could u pm me about ideas or anything else? after all, im a part of this project too. ;)

Oct 24, 2008 at 5:03 AM
Lurking in the Shadows
Talked to GM today.

The project is still moving along, and I'm about ready to start working on some projects myself again. There's not much to say besides that, nothing I can give away. I plan to brainstorm and chat with GM again over the weekend, so maybe we'll get some stuff done.

Thanks to everyone for being patient with us as we juggle hacking and life!

Oct 24, 2008 at 8:17 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Reshaper256 said:
The project is still moving along, and I'm about ready to start working on some projects myself again.
OMG, yay! Update drought period is almost over! :D

Any plans to start the updates thread back up again?

Oct 24, 2008 at 4:13 PM
Lurking in the Shadows
Once I have some actual news to post, then yeah, the update thread will return. Again, thanks for being patient with us. :)

Oct 25, 2008 at 1:23 AM
Lurking in the Shadows
No news is good news!
Or was it no news is bad news.
or "No news is no news"

Nov 2, 2008 at 4:52 PM
Lurking in the Shadows
Hi everyone!

I've been keeping up with thread messages as they appear in my email, but my forum password had been tucked away and forgotten. I finally took the time to find it so I can reply to a few things. :)

There have been lots of good ideas in this thread, especially concerning friendly sprites that follow you. A while back, Reshaper256 and I discussed this idea and wrote down several character concepts. Once sprite creation is more 'streamlined', we can try some of these out.

A few of the characters from this time period that Nintendo has already established are Error, Bagu, and Queen Seline. Error is an undeveloped character from Zelda 2, unless you count all the hilarious jokes on the web. Bagu, also from Zelda 2, made an appearance in one of the Valiant comics' stories, as Link's big, mean friend. Queen Seline is the ruler of Calatia and a capable sorceress.

I could see either of the guys throwing rocks at enemies or even swinging a sword or axe. Seline could turn enemies into frogs, as seen in Valiant Comics. I also have plans for Zelda to follow you at some point; it would be nice if she could be helpful during that time. But no promises, as I don't know if this kind of AI will be possible.

I've received requests in the past for several OoT characters, by the way, but I can't include them. Quest for Calatia takes place in much later time period, long after the rise of Ganon. So no Saria, no Darunia, no Ruto, etc.

As for the limitation of sprites not being allowed to follow you indoors, that's just an attribute placed on some of the Zelda 3 sprites. The frog/dwarf will follow you into his own shop, of course, and Zelda has no problem coming back in from the rain.