Booster's Lab - It's Pretty Good Now

Feb 17, 2019 at 11:23 AM
War criminal
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Can also just go back to the original music (and maybe sound) lists from CE? No offense to whoever made the new ones for BL, but there shouldn't be a reason why the fanfares and game over theme should be shown nameless if they weren't broken on Wistil's lists.

Feb 20, 2019 at 11:21 PM
Giving it my all and shooting for the moon.
Modding Community Discord Admin
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
Can also just go back to the original music (and maybe sound) lists from CE? No offense to whoever made the new ones for BL, but there shouldn't be a reason why the fanfares and game over theme should be shown nameless if they weren't broken on Wistil's lists.
I made the new sound lists.
I also made Dixon new music lists that he never used.

It's very easy to edit them if you want something different. It's just a simple text file.
I believe this was all already fixed awhile ago on the github. I know it ain't much but we should probably wrap up a 5.1 release with all the quality of life stuff that was already done by leo and such.

Mar 1, 2019 at 9:16 AM
War criminal
Hey, so I found an issue that was previously mentioned (though specifics weren't really given), but is never fixed, while trying to look at the stage.tbl file for CS+.
p368621-0-hll45y.png

Ignore the window style, I'm still using Windows 7.
Basically, its stage.tbl loader is broken, it's been almost a year and this issue wasn't properly addressed or fixed!

Mar 1, 2019 at 10:31 AM
War criminal
I've used Leo's version, but some other stuff got broken (like the guides unable to load at all and it doesn't allow deletion for all rooms in the game), so i switched back to v500 because of it

Mar 2, 2019 at 4:52 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
well I put together a release of the latest changes on github
you can download it here: https://github.com/taedixon/boosters-lab/releases/tag/0.5.1.0

I also took the time to add "create entity" to the right-click menu of the NPC window.
I hope this works ok lmao
I'll update the OP once someone can confirm the builds aren't completely trash

it's a bit sad that it got so tedious to work on but i s2g it takes me half an hour just to put together a release, there's no tests that let me know if i broke something crucial, and so much of it is very old and clunky code to me now. I hope that at least this can serve as a useful tool for the community in its current state. maybe one day somebody will take the mantle and make a new editor that learns from all our mistakes... the cycle continues

Last edited:
Mar 16, 2019 at 4:41 AM
War criminal
Yeah yeah, I'll go and teach myself Java so I can fix it myself, I'm just pissed off at this error existing whenever I open up a guide...
p368783-0-yy9qfc.png

Mar 16, 2019 at 3:19 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
That's a pretty strange issue and I can't actually reproduce it at all. As far as I know this has always just kind of "worked fine" on both windows and linux

Mar 18, 2019 at 8:07 AM
War criminal
Maybe Windows XP has an abusive relationship with double forward-slashes?
I use Windows 7, actually. I just happened to have a custom XP skin over everything

Sep 20, 2019 at 10:26 AM
War criminal
Okay, so I apologize for the bump, but I seriously thought this issue was fixed previously, because some Leo40Story decided to fuck up Booster's Lab and deleting all vanilla maps would cause this issue.
p370890-0-2uxuo5.png

And this would just break the executable far more than Sue's Workshop ever would.

Considering their recent inactivity, there's a very likely chance that neither Leo or Noxid will bother to fix this issue, and I've given v510 such a huge chance, but there are more issues this version has been giving me than fixing compared to v500. And tbh, I feel that v500 should be the version people should be using (except for Mint, cuz she's full on committed to the broken double click feature prior to v450). You're not gonna lose anything important by taking a step back anyway ("Export Stage.tbl" will work just fine for mods made in CSE2E anyway, so).

Edit: In the meantime, I guess I have to work on my mod all over again from scratch, since Olly won't open up the severely corrupted exe file, so this will be fun trying to scoop it out with HxD!

Last edited:
Sep 21, 2019 at 8:03 AM
Deliverer of Sweets
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
I've been using 0.5.1.1 and the only issue I have is that it doesn't properly detect doubleclicks which I guess is kind of an issue but it could just be Java being bad.

Sep 21, 2019 at 8:25 AM
War criminal
Leo's still alive. The version of post-v500 that I have (still labelled v500) works fine for whatever as far as I know, so I could try giving you a copy of that if you'd like...
I can try it out, yes. Though tbh, even if that does work out for me, that setback is probably not gonna let me be able to enter something for Modcon. :(

Sep 22, 2019 at 4:31 AM
War criminal
Ah well, you should just be reprogramming CSE2 because this year's modcon is going to be a programming contest not a modding contest anyway.
It took me a whole 5 years to sorta learn ASM, I do not wanna learn C for the sake of a contest. And Bionicobot is gonna be the only entrant anyway.

Feb 23, 2020 at 5:36 PM
Novice Member
"Officially Worth 1 Rupee"
Has anyone ever released Booster's Lab projects with just the layout's of normal cave story rooms? Fine if they didn't, just curious before I do some stuff. Not sure the best way to see the layouts of normal Cave Story rooms either.

Last edited: