Booster's Lab - It's Pretty Good Now

May 24, 2017 at 6:19 PM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
I'm gonna sound stupid, but how do you open a .jar file?

May 25, 2017 at 4:22 PM
War criminal
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
I'm gonna sound stupid, but how do you open a .jar file?
Well, you need to place your hand on the lid and carefully twist it counter-clockwise. Once you hear the pop, it's safe to remove the lid. And that is how you open a .jar file.

May 31, 2017 at 3:08 AM
Novice Member
"Officially Worth 1 Rupee"
Sorry to ask such a simple question, but whenever I try to open Cave Story after editing it in Booster's Lab, it immediately gives an error and closes. This is the info it gave on error:
C:\Users\Uzerro\Documents\Cave Story Deluxe\BoostLab_0500\CaveStory\data\Loading.pbm,0
C:\Users\Uzerro\Documents\Cave Story Deluxe\BoostLab_0500\CaveStory\data\MyChar.pbm,0
C:\Users\Uzerro\Documents\Cave Story Deluxe\BoostLab_0500\CaveStory\data\Title.pbm,0
C:\Users\Uzerro\Documents\Cave Story Deluxe\BoostLab_0500\CaveStory\data\ArmsImage.pbm,0
C:\Users\Uzerro\Documents\Cave Story Deluxe\BoostLab_0500\CaveStory\data\Arms.pbm,0
C:\Users\Uzerro\Documents\Cave Story Deluxe\BoostLab_0500\CaveStory\data\ItemImage.pbm,0
C:\Users\Uzerro\Documents\Cave Story Deluxe\BoostLab_0500\CaveStory\data\StageImage.pbm,0
C:\Users\Uzerro\Documents\Cave Story Deluxe\BoostLab_0500\CaveStory\data\Npc\NpcSym.pbm,0
C:\Users\Uzerro\Documents\Cave Story Deluxe\BoostLab_0500\CaveStory\data\Npc\NpcRegu.pbm,0
C:\Users\Uzerro\Documents\Cave Story Deluxe\BoostLab_0500\CaveStory\data\TextBox.pbm,0
C:\Users\Uzerro\Documents\Cave Story Deluxe\BoostLab_0500\CaveStory\data\Caret.pbm,0
C:\Users\Uzerro\Documents\Cave Story Deluxe\BoostLab_0500\CaveStory\data\Bullet.pbm,0
C:\Users\Uzerro\Documents\Cave Story Deluxe\BoostLab_0500\CaveStory\data\Face.pbm,0
C:\Users\Uzerro\Documents\Cave Story Deluxe\BoostLab_0500\CaveStory\data\Fade.pbm,0
Would this have anything to do with converting all the .pbm to .bmp?
I feel like I'm missing something really simple here.

May 31, 2017 at 3:13 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
You need to allow the editor to save changes to the executable which will convert the file extension used in the game to bmp. The editor will auto-rename the files and attempt to set the extension in the same step but if you decline to save changes to the exe then it's not going to change the filenames back.

Aug 4, 2017 at 12:29 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
noxid help me

Attachments

• cam sume une holp mee.png
    cam sume une holp mee.png
    13.7 KB · Views: 11
Aug 4, 2017 at 12:43 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
did you unzip the program before attempting to run it

Aug 4, 2017 at 1:25 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Aug 4, 2017 at 1:48 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
you may have an incorrectly configured JVM. If you can, try launching the program either from the command line or with a .bat file using the command
Code:
java -jar BoostLab_XXXX.jar
where XXXX is the version number in the filename.

Sep 18, 2017 at 12:54 PM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
Help me please)
How to make "Curly AI" in First cave?
i want create cave story + 3x AI Coop (different characters)
p360328-0-340fb46672bddb0bf02bb292e2c230b0.png

Last edited:
Sep 20, 2017 at 6:09 PM
CSE Discord Admin
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
Help me please)
How to make "Curly AI" in First cave?
i want create cave story + 3x AI Coop (different characters)
p360328-0-340fb46672bddb0bf02bb292e2c230b0.png

I don't know how to make it but you should first try to examine TSC scripts in the Labyrinth (the section with Curly's AI) to know how it works. Also NPCs have only one texture, so you will have to create new NPCs with Noxid and Carrotlord's Tutorials (It's SUPER complicated, so start by Carrotlord's tutorial except if you are monster in ASM hacking).

Last edited:
Sep 20, 2017 at 9:54 PM
"Huzzah!"
You should probably put questions like these in the Quick Modding/Hacking Answers Thread

Anyway, the Curly AI only works for shooting at enemies that were in the Labyrinth
This has been said before, but I'll say it again anyways:

How Curly detects which enemies to target is based on code that is in the AI of the enemies, not the AI of Curly herself. That is, every enemy that she can shoot at runs a small piece of code to tell her where they are. So to make her shoot at any non-Labyrinth enemy, you would have to edit the AI of the enemy you wanted her to be able to target, not her AI.

Sep 20, 2017 at 10:16 PM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
very thanks.

Oct 31, 2017 at 12:22 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Hey, got Booster's Lab recently, and I noticed it said 'CS+ Mods'. Tried opening the CS+ executable, no luck. Got any ideas to help?
I'd appreciate it alot.

Oct 31, 2017 at 12:30 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
Hey, got Booster's Lab recently, and I noticed it said 'CS+ Mods'. Tried opening the CS+ executable, no luck. Got any ideas to help?
I'd appreciate it alot.
you need to load stage.tbl

Nov 2, 2017 at 11:43 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Thanks a lot man!

O shet just forgot one thing, do I load the CS+ executable?

Last edited by a moderator:
Nov 2, 2017 at 11:56 PM
Based Member
No, you load stage.tbl like Noxid said in his post. Once you do that, you shouldn't need to load the CS+ executable.

Nov 2, 2017 at 11:57 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
No, you load stage.tbl like Noxid said in his post. Once you do that, you shouldn't need to load the CS+ executable.
Ahh, too confused. What I am guessing at the moment is that where it says load, I click it, then have it open all files???

Nov 3, 2017 at 12:03 AM
Based Member
Ahh, too confused. What I am guessing at the moment is that where it says load, I click it, then have it open all files???
Basically yes. If you select stage.tbl, then it will load the corresponding mod as if you've selected a corresponding mod's EXE. The reason (or at least, I'm presuming the reason) why Noxid designed it this way is because there are different mods within a CS+ directory that you might want to load up in Booster's Lab. For example, if you want to load up the regular story mode, you'd browse to your regular CS+ directory/data/base/stage.tbl. If you wanted to load up some other mod in Booster's Lab, such as the Nemesis Challenge, you'd go to CS+ directory/data/Nemesis/mod/stage.tbl. If the mod you want to modify does not already include a stage.tbl file, but you want to load it up in Booster's, just copy the one from base into the mod folder, and then you'll be able to open the mod up in Booster's Lab.

Nov 3, 2017 at 12:09 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Basically yes. If you select stage.tbl, then it will load the corresponding mod as if you've selected a corresponding mod's EXE. The reason (or at least, I'm presuming the reason) why Noxid designed it this way is because there are different mods within a CS+ directory that you might want to load up in Booster's Lab. For example, if you want to load up the regular story mode, you'd browse to your regular CS+ directory/data/base/stage.tbl. If you wanted to load up some other mod in Booster's Lab, such as the Nemesis Challenge, you'd go to CS+ directory/data/Nemesis/mod/stage.tbl. If the mod you want to modify does not already include a stage.tbl file, but you want to load it up in Booster's, just copy the one from base into the mod folder, and then you'll be able to open the mod up in Booster's Lab.
I had a feeling. But if there's a way I can change the name when you enter the certain zone, I would REEAALLLY appreciate it.
I have so much problems...