Booster's Lab - It's Pretty Good Now

Mar 5, 2012 at 11:25 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Okay
The red and lighter red checker pattern has the same problem as the pink one though. Could you include an option to change the colour to whatever we want? I'm sure it doesn't matter that much, but what if I was making a mod that takes place inside the human body?
Cave Story Explores the Human Body. Coming this fall. Starring Ms. Frizzle and Balrog.
There's a lot going on in that script editor, I don't understand it, but I'm going to hope it's fairly easy to pick up on. The grey highlighting confuses me. What's that? Download the latest version? Ha don't be silly I'm a busy person.
There is a colour picker for the background of the tileset. The default is dark grey but I changed it once during testing and never bothered to switch it back.
The grey highlighting is supposed to indicate when your text will go "over the limit" i.e. if it's grey then your line is too long. However Nicalis' scripts are all different and don't use a fixed-width font so I am not sure how to figure that.

Mar 12, 2012 at 12:55 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
diph.php

Needs More Tutorials

New version up

not that anybody

caaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sss s.....

Mar 12, 2012 at 4:21 AM
Been here way too long...
ಠ_ಠ
If you want us to be your alpha testers, just say so.

Mar 12, 2012 at 10:48 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
It's still too early to perform comprehensive testing because there's simply too much that isn't done yet
What I need is feedback about the design and user interface so I know what's a problem before it becomes a problem, and before I am too deep to be fiddling with high-level elements like buttons and windows.
As it is now I'm just making the editor the way I like it which may or may not be reflective of other people's expectations

Mar 12, 2012 at 1:33 PM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Sorry. I lurk too much these days. *shakes head*

Mar 17, 2012 at 1:59 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Just a question, does anybody know why every window thats not the main window is completely black?
If ANYbody knows what I'm doing wrong please let me know.

Mar 17, 2012 at 6:05 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
What dunc said.
I don't own a mac so I can't really test what happens on one. If your java is out of date, make sure it's updated. Other than that there isn't much I can do about it.

p.s. I hope you aren't trying to run this under WINE because that would be stupid since macs support java too

Mar 18, 2012 at 1:08 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Dunc, once again, I'm using Windows XP

Mar 18, 2012 at 2:53 AM
Offensive User
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
Are you using Windows XP on a Windows machine or are you virtualizing Windows XP something like a Mac?
Becaus this is pretty much sounding like the bug you had with WTF Story on the same machine.
Also, if you actually are using a mac to virtualize an executable .jar in a windows environment even though Macs themselves support java than I just have nothing to say to you.

Mar 29, 2012 at 8:56 PM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
When I tried to choose a map to edit, nothing seemed to show up. IIRC, I do have the latest update of Java and Cave Story downloaded. Do I need CS+ or something?

Mar 29, 2012 at 10:16 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
It should work on both CS+ and normal CS. If you're familiar enough with command prompt to navigate to the appropriate directory and run it with "java -jar BoosterLab_0031.jar" then it should spew out error messages for you to tell me
Otherwise well.. I guess something would be either missing or corrupt. Or I broke the program again.

Mar 30, 2012 at 12:19 AM
Ah. It's working now. Thanks Noxid. :) I'm looking forward to the completion of this modding tool.

Mar 30, 2012 at 12:52 AM
Professional Whatever
I think he meant that he got it to work by other means, not by going through command prompt.

Mar 30, 2012 at 2:11 AM
I actually think the problem I had was simple; it wasn't in my Cave Story folder.

Well, at least that's what THINK it was. It started working once I moved it to the CS folder.

Mar 30, 2012 at 2:24 AM
Professional Whatever
Nope, that's not it. I use CS and BL from different folders for organization - I don't want to have a copy for every single one of my mods - and they both work fine for me.

Mar 30, 2012 at 2:25 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
He probably had cave story in his program files or something equally silly